Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

zer0spunk posted:

This one broke me

Same here. I've watched SNL since the late 80s and lately it's been dire. That seltzer sketch had me laughing, but that's it. Just put those guy's in charge and fire almost everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The_Doctor posted:

All of this. I think it might be why commercials always hit so well. They’re played straight!

It is all of that. I hate the opening sketches. They are just never funny. Why open your comedy show without comedy? The team that writes the political openings clearly have nothing left to say. They seem tired.

Also, I was just saying 2 weeks ago that I missed when they did fake commercials right after the monologue. Nice to see the seltzer one, but throw that poo poo more towards the start.

Seriously, SNL needs to clean house of a lot of writers/performers which is something I've never said watching the show (even in the transition years).

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I kind of hated the science sketch...

I liked it, but maybe it's because I'm old. It was clearly a Mr Wizard parody right down to the similar set and Jason is just a little older than I am. I assume he was watching Mr Wizard like any respectable little kid would have at the time.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I do remember Mr. Wizard but mostly because I’d change the channel as soon as it came on

Don Herbert forgives you

BUT I DON'T!