Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dexo posted:

like I frequently argue with Bulls fans who think he's going to be some all-star Point god or some poo poo.

But as far as what the Bulls need he's a good fit.

I'm just tired of dealing with it. Especially since the Pels fanbase is smaller so they make up a larger proportion of every online discussion. Jimmer, Rondo, and then Lonzo. The only one I have missed out on is Lin. And maybe Rose, if what I hear from some people is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dexo posted:

I've watched a fair amount of Lonzo, he's fine as a player. Has weaknesses, but lmao at being that mad at someone calling him just "good"

He's a mediocre basketball player at best that people act like is a star so yeah.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Kibner posted:

I'm just tired of dealing with it. Especially since the Pels fanbase is smaller so they make up a larger proportion of every online discussion. Jimmer, Rondo, and then Lonzo. The only one I have missed out on is Lin. And maybe Rose, if what I hear from some people is true.

Yeah this is it. Lonzo Fatigue Syndrome or something.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kibner posted:

one question that basketball fans ask themselves that you might not know about is whether or not derrick rose...is BACK

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
But anyway the young players all taking catering home from the Memphis game is nice. I heard the per diem sucks during preseason so save that money young fellas

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

one question that basketball fans ask themselves that you might not know about is whether or not derrick rose...is BACK

:3:

Rick posted:

But anyway the young players all taking catering home from the Memphis game is nice. I heard the per diem sucks during preseason so save that money young fellas

Yeah, that rules.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
2 things we can agree on

Lonzo is a ball

Giddey is a star

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rick posted:

He's a mediocre basketball player at best that people act like is a star so yeah.

Your and my definition of mediocre must be different.

I've watched an absolute poo poo ton of mediocre to bad players in my lifetime.

Lonzo is not one of those.

Maybe it's because I argue with them for fun, and when I stop having fun I just write them off as idiots. But other people's inflated opinion of someone doesn't really factor into things for me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Mediocre: average.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
oh and yeah, the Rose people are by faaar the worst.

in some cases I get it, like I have friends from who speak of that dude in reverent tones, as they were from his neighborhood, and Rose has done a ton of good poo poo for a ton of people in that area that doesn't get published.

He also likely participated in a Sexual assault. So yeah, you know....

But yeah a number of chicago people will argue bloody murder at you if you say anything bad about Rose in front of them.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I don't want to watch Jae Crowder while eating my lunch.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This game is nasty.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
DeAndre Jordan is a total waste of space, he can't even rebound anymore, getting destroyed by Javale McGee.

Malik Monk is loving this "I don't think we actually have an offense" offense the Lakers are running in preseason so far.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Detroit basketball let's fuckin goooo

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Saddiq starting it already. You love to see it.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
no Cade tonight?

edit: looked it up. out with an ankle injury

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I keep thinking "come on yall, ur better than this!!" then i remember the spurs are not in fact better than this

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
My hotel internet is depriving me of this fool's gold performance

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Lonnie walker owns every time i watch

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Monk is so much better than any non-AD player tonight and I am only including AD because he played really well defensively in the first half.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

Monk is so much better than any non-AD player tonight and I am only including AD because he played really well defensively in the first half.

So... better than Kendrick Nunn and a 400 year old Carmelo in preseason?

Seriously though, Monk was a great pickup. Great situation for him and a helluva deal for 1.7m

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lakers showing tonight they are going to win a title (South Bay).

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
DEEE TROIT

BASKET BALL

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Lockback posted:

So... better than Kendrick Nunn and a 400 year old Carmelo in preseason?

Seriously though, Monk was a great pickup. Great situation for him and a helluva deal for 1.7m

Melo actually looked fine. Rest of the team very bad.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Ryan whatever the backup pistons halftime guy sounds exactly like Tim Heidecker doing the blustering dumb guy on TV voice

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1445900116729159683?s=20
free lonnie

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Kira just tried to dunk on RoLo at the end of the first quarter but was blocked. I feel so conflicted.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dejan Bimble posted:

Ryan whatever the backup pistons halftime guy sounds exactly like Tim Heidecker doing the blustering dumb guy on TV voice

Johnny Kane
been watching this guy for 5+ years and cant remember a thing about him

Poetel is a three point shooter now

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I would really like to get LeBron and Westbrook out there so we can see what this team looks like with the guys who are actually going to run the offense

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/MikeSGallagher/status/1445916182066827269?s=20

😭😭😭

its_been_84_years.gif

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
oh my blown lob into atlanta 3

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Basketball baybee

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
LaMelo’s shot always looks bad but when he’s missing it’s kind of alarming. I won’t really trust it until he has like three years of 35%+ shooting under his belt

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I almost feel like I’m relearning like 75% of the Sixers roster.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MAXEY!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

I would really like to get LeBron and Westbrook out there so we can see what this team looks like with the guys who are actually going to run the offense

It can't look worse.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Ja Morant seems cool

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
isaiah joe absolutely deserves solid playing time this year and doc is going to bury him on the bench too much and its gonna drive me crazy

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
sengun is going to lead the league in fake dhos and pump fakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Gonna be on a flight so I'll miss this preseason game. :(