Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

So a bunch of world leaders got absolutely pwn3d by some 1337 h4x0rz. Turns out they all hide wealth in property owned by offshore companies. Not a huge surprise but its very, very funny and hopefully a lot of them lose their jobs.

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/1444743355238322181

Snowjob with teh hot takes!!1

Everyone forgot about the Panama Papers, but it really makes you wonder how much the general public is willing to take. Wealth disparity is growing globally at an alarming rate and the wealthiest people are inextricably intertwined with managing nations. This kind of shines a massive light on that and exposes the giant poo poo sandwich people have been forced to eat in a lot of countries. I'd watch this space, as these types tend to cook up some other giant crisis whenever their personal dealings get exposed in this matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol nothing will change

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B4qEjqVM7o

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Oh my god the Naavi have been embezzling!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yeah I mean Republicans have shown us that there are no longer any consequences for doing literally whatever you feel like doing; hiding wealth is like #8,471 on the list of worst things any of the people listed have done, and I do not even need to look at the list to know this

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That a bloody outrage it is. I'm going to take this all the way to the

prime minister
member of parliament
the major

Ok look at soon as I find someone not implicated that also has the power to do something then you'd better believe they're going to get an earfull.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Dr. Quarex posted:

Yeah I mean Republicans have shown us that there are no longer any consequences for doing literally whatever you feel like doing; hiding wealth is like #8,471 on the list of worst things any of the people listed have done, and I do not even need to look at the list to know this

Interesting take, but I think hiding wealth is a bit more heinous than you suggest. That money is generated by labor, by the minutes and hours of people's lives. Hoarding and amassing it like some sort of mythical dragon removes the promise of social mobility and corrupts the agreement of leadership. I know that none of this is news to people on these forums, but these acts are really quite vile. Not as bad as say harvesting adrenochrome from trafficked Romanian 12 year olds but I rate it as pretty fuckin' evil.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

the reason conservatives treat everything like a zero-sum game is because the game they are playing, called stealing all of your economic opportunity and stuffing it in their family mattress, literally is zero-sum

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The rule about having $20mil stuffed in your mattress is that you never let anyone know it's there and even though nothing substantial will happen from these leaks lol that now they have to deal with people trying to break in and cut their mattress open

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The lady from Shark Tank paid a $388,700 fake invoice just because it said it was for real estate and had an official looking company watermark, and all I'm saying is that we now know exactly what companies and what watermarks come on their official money laundering invoices.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah they’re definitely not like, doing this poo poo right out in the open. :jerkbag:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
taxes are for the poors . Not in my home at MArio Largo.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Haha, lets see them get out of this one.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
We live in a world where aside from literally raping children the rich can get away with anything and give it a decade and even that won't lead to any form of punishment.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

EvilJoven posted:

We live in a world where aside from literally raping children the rich can basically get away with anything and give it a decade and even that won't lead to any form of punishment.

No, they already get away with that too.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

EvilJoven posted:

We live in a world where aside from literally raping children the rich can get away with anything and give it a decade and even that won't lead to any form of punishment.

Yeah nah almost every single member of that vast paedophile ring that Epstein was a part are still out there doing exactly what they were doing before without a care in the world.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

No, they already get away with that too.

Yeah this happened quite recently and nobody has even investigated creep island.

sdasdas
Dec 29, 2012

Poohs Packin posted:

Yeah this happened quite recently and nobody has even investigated creep island.

Yep, a few people are about to commit "suicide" however.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Boner M posted:

Haha, lets see them get out of this one.

*the billionaires wriggle their way out of the jam easily*

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Man, it sucks being so cynical. Still, it beats being wrong.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Nah if there was an actual investigation into Epstein's Rape Island it would have been a problem which is why they suicided him.

Another decade and rich ppl will be all 'ya I go to Rape Island to rape children deal with it' and governments will be all 'OK cool would you like another tax break?'

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Countdown on leakers being assassinated starting... Now

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like pandora i listen to it in my car (:

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
I think at this point we're just documenting our lovely collapsing world for future historians. Keep good notes guys, we don't want another Sea People situation.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If these Pandora Papers and our posts were actually on paper future historians have a slim but not impossible chance of actually piecing things together. As it stands the past 20 or so years are almost completely dead to history all of the details will be lost forever.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
The Pantera Papers and this time u REALLY find out who shot Dimbag!! :O (shocking truths, click here)

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Ok so who got named

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Devils Affricate posted:

Ok so who got named

Tony Abbot I think

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Lol what we gonna do, cry?

Khorne
May 1, 2002
12 million documents is a whole lot of documents. This is far more data than the panama papers & has far broader reach.

Devils Affricate posted:

Ok so who got named
One really interesting thing that we may or may not hear about is it leaks shell corps that are buying up real estate all over the US & international people/companies who are using South Dakota as a tax haven. That was two interesting things but who's counting.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Countdown on leakers being assassinated starting... Now
Remember when the reporter who reported on the panama papers was murdered with a car bomb and the media labeled it a "mysterious death" instead of an "assassination".

I'm clearly no reporter, but I wouldn't say there's much mystery or even intrigue to being deliberately murdered with a bomb in retaliation for leaking financial crimes.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 4, 2021

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Devils Affricate posted:

Ok so who got named

You got named op

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Also don't worry life won't hold up under climate change for more than i dunno 200 years?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The reason why rich people don't suffer any repercussions (any more) is that they learned not to steal from other rich people which is the only way they get consequences otherwise and also paying someone else 3 million dollars to kill literally anybody you dislike on the planet to make sure you have 300 billion dollars instead of 299 billion dollars is a deal even idiots would take op hth

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Also I hope the next set of "THE RICH WHO GET REWARDED FOR RAPING CHILDREN BY THE VIRTUE OF BEING RICH CHILD RAPISTS" documents that only results in a handful of fail journalists getting whacked within 1 week of publication is called the penile papers to keep with the alliteration and syllables of this theme IMO

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

i must compose posted:

Also don't worry life won't hold up under climate change for more than i dunno 200 years?

lol try 30

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i have feeling they;re going with some sort of p-naming theme, what p word is going to be the next dump?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

PhazonLink posted:

i have feeling they;re going with some sort of p-naming theme, what p word is going to be the next dump?
The next one might be prosaic or perkele, but the name of the final leak will be praxis.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Khorne posted:

12 million documents is a whole lot of documents. This is far more data than the panama papers & has far broader reach.

One really interesting thing that we may or may not hear about is it leaks shell corps that are buying up real estate all over the US & international people/companies who are using South Dakota as a tax haven. That was two interesting things but who's counting.

Remember when the reporter who reported on the panama papers was murdered with a car bomb and the media labeled it a "mysterious death" instead of an "assassination".

I'm clearly no reporter, but I wouldn't say there's much mystery or even intrigue to being deliberately murdered with a bomb in retaliation for leaking financial crimes.

"Clearly everyone with as much money as me wanted them dead, and do you think I got this rich by leaving behind evidence of my crimes? You can never figure out which one of us did it." is a pretty solid defense

Khorne
May 1, 2002

deep dish peat moss posted:

"Clearly everyone with as much money as me wanted them dead, and do you think I got this rich by leaving behind evidence of my crimes? You can never figure out which one of us did it." is a pretty solid defense
Especially when cartels and other forms of organized crime were named in the panama papers. I'm not saying the media could identify who did it, but they literally called it a mysterious death to the point that normal people will ask "did they ever figured out how the reporter died?" if you bring it up.

Perhaps they were just trying to avoid copycat behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's hard to blame the media when they have such a difficult balancing act to maintain. On one hand they have a duty to inform the people about the great injustices and corruption in the world but on the other they have the grim responsibility to warn us what will happen to us should we ever try to do anything about them.