Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I wonder how much money Vladimir Putin has. He's gotta be the richest guy in the world, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

pretty surprised, yeah. Wasn't Jackie Chan implicated in the Panama one?

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

Someone should call interpol

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Caesar Saladin posted:

I wonder how much money Vladimir Putin has. He's gotta be the richest guy in the world, right?

Probably not in terms of raw numbers but he's able to make use of resources well beyond whatever actual bank account balance he has.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lets take their money

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Lets take their money

deep dish peat moss posted:

The lady from Shark Tank paid a $388,700 fake invoice just because it said it was for real estate and had an official looking company watermark, and all I'm saying is that we now know exactly what companies and what watermarks come on their official money laundering invoices.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Increase your wealth with this one simple financial trick, governments HATE him!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

These are great and they will topple governments but there's nothing as good as the WikiLeaks. I want to read diplomatic cables.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Lets take their money

The second 51% of the population comes to this logical conclusion we'll see their ARK ships take off.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

EvilJoven posted:

We live in a world where aside from literally raping children the rich can get away with anything and give it a decade and even that won't lead to any form of punishment.

Silvio Berlusconi was found guilty of paying for sex with a trafficked, underage girl, sentenced to some bullshit, and shortly got the whole thing thrown out. He is now a sitting member of the EU parliament.

Tommy_Udo
Apr 16, 2017

That's why Bezos and Musk are trying to establish offshore bank account *on the moon.*

Edit: The OCCRP has a pretty good primer on the Pandora Papers.

https://www.occrp.org/en/the-pandora-papers/faq-about-the-pandora-papers

Tommy_Udo fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Oct 4, 2021

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

EorayMel posted:

The reason why rich people don't suffer any repercussions (any more) is that they learned not to steal from other rich people which is the only way they get consequences otherwise and also paying someone else 3 million dollars to kill literally anybody you dislike on the planet to make sure you have 300 billion dollars instead of 299 billion dollars is a deal even idiots would take op hth

This is why Bernie Madoff went down and why Elizabeth Holmes is being dragged through the mud and publicly humiliated right now. All the scum at Bear Stearns, Lehmann Bros. etc. got to walk away because they just left us proles in the loving dirt and didnt gently caress with actually powerful people.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Lobotomy Bob posted:

Someone should call interpol

What for, Paul Banks is busy with that Muzz thing

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

old beast lunatic posted:

The second 51% of the population comes to this logical conclusion we'll see their ARK ships take off.

Sorry, we got 51% but actually we need a filibuster-proof majority and good luck getting that many people to agree on anything!!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

sorry op and any other delusional optimists itt, this absolutely doesn't matter in any way

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

sorry op and any other delusional optimists itt, this absolutely doesn't matter in any way

It will matter very much to the leaker(s) and some journalists before they are freed from all earthly worry.

Given the scope of the leak (14 services, including the industry leader), I'm very curious about the source. I doubt the data is centralized anywhere, so it probably wasn't a single whistleblower.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i'm more interested in the pandora poppers, the newest release
let me break it down for you guys:

podino poppers: 15mg/ml adrenochrome hcl
panama poppers: 30mg/ml adrenochrome hcl
pandora poppers: 75mg/ml adrenochrome hcl!!!

it's never been a better time to literally inhale the fear of tortured children

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Dang, I wonder who could be behind this leak?

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

A bunch of people from Svalbard are gonna be upset

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Just call the cops?

No one ever thinks to do this.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i keep my money offshore by putting my paychecks in bottles and throwing them into the ocean.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Man, it sucks being so cynical. Still, it beats being wrong.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
going to setup an offshore account and put $1 in it, that'll show those pesky investigators!!!

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Swedish House Mafia are named in the papers so I guess that means they are really Mafia

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

i keep my money offshore by putting my paychecks in bottles and throwing them into the ocean.

I keep my offshore in money by burying piles of dirt I have from countries overseas in a flowerpot filed with cash.

drat feds will never find my offshore in there.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

EorayMel posted:

called the penile papers to keep with the alliteration and syllables of this theme IMO

Peenilly

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Weka posted:

Perfidious Finland!!!!!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The real story is Tony Blair being thrown under the bus.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Whats the fastest way to become rich enough to end up in the next leak?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Confusedslight posted:

Whats the fastest way to become rich enough to end up in the next leak?

Twitch streaming apparently

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Weka posted:

This map is bizzare because it only addresses politicians but lol that nobody from the US got pwned at all for some reason.

Weka
May 5, 2019

I heard there was one black guy.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Poohs Packin posted:

This map is bizzare because it only addresses politicians but lol that nobody from the US got pwned at all for some reason.

obviously a cia op op

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Weka posted:

I heard there was one black guy.

Ah the scapegoat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

He's obviously the head of crimes in America.