Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ougher posted:

You should pay more attention to who you are taking advice from, given who you are quoting. :thunk:

I suspect that was the joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

The Shortest Path posted:

You are probably correct, but I rarely take anything goons do at face value these days.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Correct.

Ougher posted:

You are probably correct, but I rarely take anything goons do at face value these days.

A good position to take.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus

Dalmuti posted:

Delta Sqad is da best

Never reveal the sqad secret.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

LegoMan posted:

maybe my dad likes reaching up in there I dunno, I just remember him doing it

christmas is coming

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

this game keeps on giving

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

so is there going to be a new set of Royllo companies or anything? just found out about uh *waves hand* everything but like gently caress am i rerolling and grinding back up to 30...

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah someone's gonna post a discord tomorrow

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

drat I missed all the drama at the end of the last thread.

This game looks like a fun time for goon sandbox fuckery, as is tradition.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

There’s fishing, but I don’t think it’s setup in a way to facilitate drama. Happy to be proven wrong though

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
So, TT aside, there are still a bunch of people who play and use that discord. Pretty lovely to just remove it because of TT. If people don't want to play with him 1000% fine, but at the end of the day, there's a bunch of people who use the discord (for better or for worse) and play NW.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

totalnewbie posted:

So, TT aside, there are still a bunch of people who play and use that discord. Pretty lovely to just remove it because of TT. If people don't want to play with him 1000% fine, but at the end of the day, there's a bunch of people who use the discord (for better or for worse) and play NW.

lmao

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

totalnewbie posted:

:rubby:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Look, people have invested extremely taxing mouse clicks on joining a discord server. Please do not disrespect their labor

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lol

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

It's not a loving TT fan club.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

totalnewbie posted:

The discord is literally run by TT, another discord will be posted in the OP as soon as it is set up. Join it, or don't. Up to you.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

The real crime here is a Trillion Dollar company made an MMO that had such incredible queue times that people were posting in the MMO HMO in larger quantities than normal instead of playing the game. Yall needed to play this side game of scorched earth to take the edge off.

I haven't picked up the game yet but if it survives a month without mass emailing all the players about exclusive items for amazon prime subscribers and fixes the whole get in line a day prior to play the game the next day I might give it a shot.

Now excuse me I have to go back to playing my Epic Seven gacha game because I am a connoisseur of self inflicted pain.

Yall have a good night. May your Amazon MMO gaming experiences be filled with same day drone delivery and replace poopin in socks to pissin in bottles.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

totalnewbie posted:

l m a o

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

shut up deviant

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

totalnewbie posted:

It was actually extremely easy to leave that discord and I suspect it will be extremely easy to join the new one when it's set up. Like I'm not a genius by any stretch and I pulled it off!

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

orange juche posted:

The discord is literally run by TT, another discord will be posted in the OP as soon as it is set up. Join it, or don't. Up to you.

So loving what. It's still over a hundred people who are not TT who use the discord server even if you don't like the person who runs it.

Martout posted:

It was actually extremely easy to leave that discord and I suspect it will be extremely easy to join the new one when it's set up. Like I'm not a genius by any stretch and I pulled it off!

I don't actually care who or what discord server I'm using as it has zero bearing on the people I play with who, so far, have not exhibited any of the behavior that's been talked about.

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Oct 4, 2021

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Drinkfist posted:

The real crime here is a Trillion Dollar company made an MMO that had such incredible queue times that people were posting in the MMO HMO in larger quantities than normal instead of playing the game. Yall needed to play this side game of scorched earth to take the edge off.

I haven't picked up the game yet but if it survives a month without mass emailing all the players about exclusive items for amazon prime subscribers and fixes the whole get in line a day prior to play the game the next day I might give it a shot.

Now excuse me I have to go back to playing my Epic Seven gacha game because I am a connoisseur of self inflicted pain.

Yall have a good night. May your Amazon MMO gaming experiences be filled with same day drone delivery and replace poopin in socks to pissin in bottles.

Do you just want to be a purple prime pirate, but not be emailed about it?

https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/newworld?ref_=SM_NWS01_P1_ZDP

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

totalnewbie posted:

It literally is a discord that he made for the purpose of playing games with his nazi buddies and drawing SA users in to be in charge of to feed his ego.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

totalnewbie posted:

So loving what. It's still over a hundred people who are not TT who use the discord server even if you don't like the person who runs it.

Gonna be less than a hundred soon

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

totalnewbie posted:

there's a saying about a table with 99 people and one nazi but I forget exactly how it goes

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Drinkfist posted:

This is clearly all your fault. I remember you did a fine job when I played this puzzle funcom trahsfire

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Deviant posted:

there's a saying about a table with 99 people and one nazi but I forget exactly how it goes

Something about briefcase placement when dealing with stone tables?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

All of the people on that server who aren't TTs nazi buddies can just click the link of the new discord when it's posted tomorrow and carry on like nothing changed. It's not like TT was a competent leader or anything, he barely knows how the game works and was only in charge because he was the first to do it like he always is because he's a power hungry narcissist.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
"I dont care so I'm going to keep melting down about not linking the lovely assholes discord channel in the OP"

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

It literally is a discord that he made for the purpose of playing games with his nazi buddies and drawing SA users in to be in charge of to feed his ego.

Other than derrwhatever, who else?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

totalnewbie posted:

I don't actually care who or what discord server I'm using as it has zero bearing on the people I play with who, so far, have not exhibited any of the behavior that's been talked about.
This is somehow managing to be the dumbest take in this whole situation. How can someone whine so much about the possibility of people having to... click a different button.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I don't think anyone is stopping you from continuing to use the nazi discord if thats what you want? Go with your heart?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Martman posted:

This is somehow managing to be the dumbest take in this whole situation. How can someone whine so much about the possibility of people having to... click a different button.

Put both discords in the op, I don't care.

Ad by Khad posted:

I don't think anyone is stopping you from continuing to use the nazi discord if thats what you want? Go with your heart?

For being a "nazi server" there sure are a lack of people being racist, sexist, anti-semitic, or whatever.

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Oct 4, 2021

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

totalnewbie posted:

Great so then migrating everyone to a new discord with a few clicks to avoid the server run by the crazed weirdo creep is the course of action then, sweet, good talk!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

totalnewbie posted:

Put both discords in the op, I don't care.
Or, they won't. And people may have to click a different button and you can stop complaining.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
why would a banned user who got banned specifically for discord bullshit, and who is never allowed to mention discord again on SA (according to his rap sheet), get his discord listed in the op?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

the panacea posted:

This is clearly all your fault. I remember you did a fine job when I played this puzzle funcom trahsfire

It is. The very game TT J4G was The Secret World which was the first and last time I ever considered hearding goons. I felt like I had to be here when the old boy finally got put down.

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

Do you just want to be a purple prime pirate, but not be emailed about it?

https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/newworld?ref_=SM_NWS01_P1_ZDP

It was a joke I made in passing but a part of me knew it would be true. God loving damnit. They even marketed it so the cosmetics come out over time to ensure you keep your prime sub. Brutal marketing. At least when they start doing the ARG they can ship the clues to all of you without much issue. And by ship I mean an amazon delivery driver glues a Spanish Conquistador's treasure map piece to your front door and punted your box of knick nacks into your bushes.

totalnewbie posted:

Other than derrwhatever, who else?

Hold on. I am gonna stick around for this dude to die on this hill. loving yes.
:sickos:

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Oct 4, 2021

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I just wanna say I appreciate y'all chiming in, it's pretty cool that this ended with a known shithead getting banned and hopefully a mass exodus from his creepy bullshit. Lol @ any sort of bitching about having to click a new discord link that isn't run by creepy nazi adjacent weirdos. It couldn't be easier to do, and bitching about it is certainly a look given everything that came out before the last thread got killed.

I'm hauling my poo poo out of brightwood tonight, I'll keep an eye out tomorrow and join whatever new thing we got going on.

Coeurl Marx fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Oct 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Ad by Khad posted:

why would a banned user who got banned specifically for discord bullshit, and who is never allowed to mention discord again on SA (according to his rap sheet), get his discord listed in the op?

Kaysette posted:

I’m personally enjoying this goon mmo drama but I do have to do my job and ask that you all leave the discord poop on discord. I can’t action on anything here based on screenshots from other platforms. If you’re in a group that’s slurring it up like goonswarm circa 2010, find a new guild ASAP.

So which is it, was he banned for things that occurred on other platforms or for his poo poo post?