Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Drinkfist posted:

Hold on. I am gonna stick around for this dude to die on this hill. loving yes.
:sickos:

I just want to know who else I should avoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

totalnewbie posted:

Everyone on this forum

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
You all keep talking about tt getting his nazi friends together to play and I'd just like to see some evidence of these people being nazis and so far, I haven't seen it so :confused:

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

totalnewbie posted:

So which is it, was he banned for things that occurred on other platforms or for his poo poo post?

you should probably listen to the actual mod rather than me, a dumb idiot

i didnt exactly press the button

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Oct 4, 2021

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

totalnewbie posted:

Ill tell you after you show me your tattoos.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

totalnewbie posted:

You all keep talking about tt getting his nazi friends together to play and I'd just like to see some evidence of these people being nazis and so far, I haven't seen it so :confused:
I am sorry some non-nazis may have to click a different button with their mouse. Maybe this thread can start a charity drive to provide restitution after the damages are all settled

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
gently caress it playing with goons sounds incredible. I'm totally sold after that last thread. I've been wishing TT got removed from SA ever since he stole the albion guilds gold in a beta that was going to be wiped. Maybe he was the realest goon all along.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Wow, I thought all the drama had wrapped up neatly but not even half a day later and someone is picking the weirdest hill in the world to die on.

Maybe there is something to this game after all.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lmao this thread is going places

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

K so TT was openly putting things together during the Beta etc, folks like me who had no idea who he was or any of his history signed right up for the guild / discord. For future reference maybe bring up the reasons that TT running things is a bad idea a little sooner? Would have been nice to know before launch although I guess we did get a pretty hilarious meltdown in the last thread so maybe it's worth it after all.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

totalnewbie posted:

SA has never really endorsed their own community's guilds, it's all community enforced and in some cases there are multiple guilds which are goon aligned, which means poo poo like this will happen on occasion.

If anything I'm surprised SFD wasn't prepared to offer their own discord, they're usually on the ball with popular MMOs.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I almost feel like it would of spoilt the surprise.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

"I'm so mad about having to post on a different discord, I hope all your pets get cancer. What are you fuckers going to do about it?! Also, I'm going to keep making weirdly aggressive posts about it even though it's clear nobody gives a poo poo about my concerns, and would rather I just stay where I am. PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEE."

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

K so TT was openly putting things together during the Beta etc, folks like me who had no idea who he was or any of his history signed right up for the guild / discord. For future reference maybe bring up the reasons that TT running things is a bad idea a little sooner? Would have been nice to know before launch although I guess we did get a pretty hilarious meltdown in the last thread so maybe it's worth it after all.

Would have been nice, yeah. The funny thing is I knew who Badr was but no loving idea who Tempus. I can’t really remember how I knew Badr because it’s been so long but I just remember him being a god awful J4G.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Anita Dickinme posted:

Would have been nice, yeah. The funny thing is I knew who Badr was but no loving idea who Tempus. I can’t really remember how I knew Badr because it’s been so long but I just remember him being a god awful J4G.

Yeah same. Once it was pointed out who TT was, I started moving towards the door.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

That Works posted:

I didn't know TT either but I was very much aware of the Archeage fiasco with fishing pacts, bob from marketing etc. and knowing he was even halfway adjacent to that is a huge yikes

I'd say worth it for the fun meltdown but I guess it depends on how invested you were into his particular company

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Martout posted:

I didn't know TT either but I was very much aware of the Archeage fiasco with fishing pacts, bob from marketing etc. and knowing he was even halfway adjacent to that is a huge yikes

I'd say worth it for the fun meltdown but I guess it depends on how invested you were into his particular company

I'm in one of the spillover guilds, have really liked the goons am playing with in game, and like the game a good bit in general (except for the queue bullshit). So, I have zero qualms with moving to a new discord etc, but it would be nice to keep as much of the 3-companies worth of goons we have on Royollo together as we could. I've only seen 1st hand one of TTs friends (Lumbering Troll / Tandon Erro) calling people "retarded" and then raging against the machine when asked nicely to stop doing it but that was enough to give me pause, and shortly after that the thread blew up. Otherwise the large goon crew over there has been chill / fun / helpful.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

should the Server Status page be in the OP maybe?

https://www.newworld.com/en-us/support/server-status

so people can keep tabs on goon-gathering server availability

e: it's none of them right now, btw lol

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Oct 4, 2021

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Yay, new thread. :toot:

Can we get the info on the EU companies in the OP too?

Wu Tang Company is currently on Zerzura EU, which is locked for new characters. We plan to transfer together to a new server once we get the option to do that, so if you're located in EU and want to join I suggest you start leveling a character and join the Covenant. Come hang out on our Discord, https://discord.gg/pFJezJ8NMd, and we'll keep you updated on where we'll end up.
We're currently around 40 people on Discord, and except the Sonic meme channel, we're drama free.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Does the full status for a server change very often or are locked worlds staying that way until transfers loosen things up in a few weeks?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

pretty stoked with my boy at the moment

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Anita Dickinme posted:

I mean really. The one thing about TT as Badr was how unforgettable his brand of posting was. I am sorry to all the folks who think some brigand came in and torpedoed the first week of your line waiting game but you have to know this guy had an intervention coming his way and its probably for the best it happened as soon as it did in the launch cycle of this MMO as opposed to the hands down guaranteed later part when you guys are in the swing of things having a good time and homeboy sneaks some rancid dead fish right into your beds. Later you leave the game with only memories of psychopathic goons groomin kids but the guild leader is a friend and doesn't want to kick em or people legit saying "You only found one nazi, If you show me [goalpost number] I'll think about maybe we have to leave" as the man parks a forklift right next to that statement ready to move it farther back.

Now we get at least another days worth of funny flameouts to read during a queue and you can go an create a prone firing line inside a literal fireplace and blast a dude and post the clip for good memories.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

please knock Mom! posted:

Lmao this thread is going places

yep glad we made an entirely new thread so we could keep the topic on the game itself

:rubby:

DrHub
Jun 21, 2012
I'm not a mmo guy at all but I like this game a lot. Thank you for your time.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
So, how long until next drama?
Will it be televised on the front page this time?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
To clarify? Backpedal? Whatever you want to call it, after some talk in another discord -

I've known for some time that "TT" (whoever that was at the time) was lovely. Apparently, a lot of other people knew too, but also apparently a lot of people also didn't connect the dots, because of not realizing TT = tempwhatever = Badr.

To me, it seems that if ~whoever~ (and it just so happens to be TT) was leading the charge for USEast New World goons was good enough for almost two years then what happened to cause all this (even though I vehemently disagree with lumbering troll/tt's attitude towards that sort of thing let alone the use of that word in particular) by itself really does not seem like enough to implode what a hundred or two people have been working on. It's clear that with TT as leader of the company that owns BW, changing discords/companies will have repercussions for everyone in the game unless he (should, but will is a much different story) passes ownership to someone not lovely (i.e. not part of his core group).

Given how quickly things went from "this happened" to "new discord, now" (which I thought happened in literally hours but was a day and a half), and how it clearly seemed that everyone knew exactly who and what he was, it seemed ridiculous that NOW everything needed to change, instead of in the nearly two years since he posted the beta thread. But going back to my first statement, apparently it wasn't quite as clear as it seemed until now.

In addition, it again seemed to me that everyone already knew what was up with TT (which, again, is apparently not the case) but it all happened off-site. As the rules say, things that happen off-site remain off-site and I feel that removing the discord link violated that rule. But the rules also say that this is not without limits (a good thing). So if everyone already knew everything and just now decided "yeah, it was fine for 2 years but now a week after launch we're just going to decide it's not," especially with that rule in place, that it was arbitrary selective enforcement because someone kicked up some stink. But again that's apparently not the case, which is more that "yeah, it was fine for 2 years because nobody quite knew what was up but now that they do, it's not okay" which is a very different situation.

I also did not have any even eye-brow raising moments in the week I spent in voice comms with everyone on the server so hearing it being described as a "nazi server" seemed deliberately hyperbolic without any shred of evidence. (I strongly disagree with the language that was used in this case but I don't think it rises to the level of "nazi-like" but that's just me.) So it also seemed like an unfair punishment for those players just because of one person, regardless of that person's position. But, my sample size was only a week and I've certainly been friendly with people for a while in the past only to have them turn out.. poorly.

At the end of the day, I'm not sorry to leave TT and/or those sorts of people behind. Despite what you may have thought or it may have seemed, it was not a personal defense of TT, who can gently caress right off.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi, everyone.

I just got out of 96 hours of probation because TT refused to ban a pedophile a year ago because it wasn't against server rules. I bid you all a great game.

PS: I did get the pedophile banned, it only took a full year.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Yay, new thread. :toot:

Can we get the info on the EU companies in the OP too?

Wu Tang Company is currently on Zerzura EU, which is locked for new characters. We plan to transfer together to a new server once we get the option to do that, so if you're located in EU and want to join I suggest you start leveling a character and join the Covenant. Come hang out on our Discord, https://discord.gg/pFJezJ8NMd, and we'll keep you updated on where we'll end up.
We're currently around 40 people on Discord, and except the Sonic meme channel, we're drama free.

I figured I would start on a server on the same cluster or whatever they call them. But all of the servers in the same group as Zerzura are full too. So I just hope they will let you transfer to any server in your region and not just those who share the same group. But I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

totalnewbie posted:

To clarify? Backpedal? Whatever you want to call it, after some talk in another discord -

I've known for some time that "TT" (whoever that was at the time) was lovely. Apparently, a lot of other people knew too, but also apparently a lot of people also didn't connect the dots, because of not realizing TT = tempwhatever = Badr.

To me, it seems that if ~whoever~ (and it just so happens to be TT) was leading the charge for USEast New World goons was good enough for almost two years then what happened to cause all this (even though I vehemently disagree with lumbering troll/tt's attitude towards that sort of thing let alone the use of that word in particular) by itself really does not seem like enough to implode what a hundred or two people have been working on. It's clear that with TT as leader of the company that owns BW, changing discords/companies will have repercussions for everyone in the game unless he (should, but will is a much different story) passes ownership to someone not lovely (i.e. not part of his core group).

Given how quickly things went from "this happened" to "new discord, now" (which I thought happened in literally hours but was a day and a half), and how it clearly seemed that everyone knew exactly who and what he was, it seemed ridiculous that NOW everything needed to change, instead of in the nearly two years since he posted the beta thread. But going back to my first statement, apparently it wasn't quite as clear as it seemed until now.

In addition, it again seemed to me that everyone already knew what was up with TT (which, again, is apparently not the case) but it all happened off-site. As the rules say, things that happen off-site remain off-site and I feel that removing the discord link violated that rule. But the rules also say that this is not without limits (a good thing). So if everyone already knew everything and just now decided "yeah, it was fine for 2 years but now a week after launch we're just going to decide it's not," especially with that rule in place, that it was arbitrary selective enforcement because someone kicked up some stink. But again that's apparently not the case, which is more that "yeah, it was fine for 2 years because nobody quite knew what was up but now that they do, it's not okay" which is a very different situation.

I also did not have any even eye-brow raising moments in the week I spent in voice comms with everyone on the server so hearing it being described as a "nazi server" seemed deliberately hyperbolic without any shred of evidence. (I strongly disagree with the language that was used in this case but I don't think it rises to the level of "nazi-like" but that's just me.) So it also seemed like an unfair punishment for those players just because of one person, regardless of that person's position. But, my sample size was only a week and I've certainly been friendly with people for a while in the past only to have them turn out.. poorly.

At the end of the day, I'm not sorry to leave TT and/or those sorts of people behind. Despite what you may have thought or it may have seemed, it was not a personal defense of TT, who can gently caress right off.

https://i.imgur.com/SIuUuTd.mp4

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

totalnewbie posted:

There it is. Glad I stayed up for this.

:sickos:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

I'm in one of the spillover guilds, have really liked the goons am playing with in game, and like the game a good bit in general (except for the queue bullshit). So, I have zero qualms with moving to a new discord etc, but it would be nice to keep as much of the 3-companies worth of goons we have on Royollo together as we could. I've only seen 1st hand one of TTs friends (Lumbering Troll / Tandon Erro) calling people "retarded" and then raging against the machine when asked nicely to stop doing it but that was enough to give me pause, and shortly after that the thread blew up. Otherwise the large goon crew over there has been chill / fun / helpful.

Yeah we’re gonna try and keep the goon guilds together. Nobody needs to jump ship yet but I would follow the advice of mods and standby for the new Discord and further news.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Nice 500 word essay

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

The old world is dead, and the New World struggles to be born. Now is the time of monsters.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

:rubby:

Consider this a real world lesson on how racist, sexist pieces of poo poo actually get dealt with. Generally they get away with it for a few years because they try to target the meekest of the pack and do everything they can to make them feel isolated. They abuse whatever power they have to silence their critics and influence others to their side. They publicly attempt to be neutral or woke to defuse any criticism. They skirt the rules closely and often avoid consequences because they don’t violate the letter of the law:

They get driven out of some places but constantly seek attention and whatever power they can find. Usually they are silent for a bit and people think maybe they’ve learned their lesson. Others know they haven’t learned and will keep being lovely but they’ve tried and failed to get real action taken so they given up. In some cases, the people reporting the behavior have received consequences in the past, been told this wasn’t the right venue for a personal vendetta, or just been ignored.

Eventually, the person fucks up in what appears to be a smaller way but it lets everyone come forward again and plead their case of why this is a pattern of behavior. Other people are emboldened to share the private experiences they had which previously went unreported. Then things happen very quickly and people get whiplash and react the way you did. “If he’s so bad, why did it take this long?”

All the above is true in this situation. Some of us have aggressively pushed him out of games before and named and shamed his bad behavior. He changed his name and many of us didn’t make the connection until years later (me just a few days ago).

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

It's kind of sad to me that many of us stranded in TT's guild were actually trying to coordinate real early through someone who was passionate and coordinated and communicated with pubbie guilds for launch. We had our own little discord server. And then the whole first "fiasco" happened with clam down and some others were just putting him down for no reason it seemed other than writing optimistic info posts. And then we lost that leader because he refused to play with goons after that and he even self toxxed, which admittedly I felt was a big overreaction, but it's not like that endeared many of us to go to US west and join SFD. Reminder that no other group had even formed.

And that's how we got poached into TT's guild. We were a discord with no leader and people trying to step up and make something work so we could continue playing together. We weren't picky but one thing was clear "not SFD". I'm glad y'all are having fun there and they are nice people, I'm just giving you some perspective for this time. So someone took on the leadership role and then we merged. I wish I still had that discord somewhere, but it died when we all moved over.

And now here we are. I feel like being taken for a ride, all because we wanted to play at launch and organize early.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Is there a new thread that actually talks about New World?

All I know is I joined a discord server to get a server name. Now there are hundreds of posts about some TT guy who sounds like a turd.

I'm not sure what the walls of text with random screenshots are supposed to sway me to, but ban the guy and start ignoring him already.

Is the jury still out on "best builds for x"? I always make dumb choices in character builds because I try to use non video game logic.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

I think we need a new discord and to try and keep the existing in game guilds,so we don't lose anything besides having to move to a new discord.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

if you want to talk about new world you should make a thread for it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ASAPI posted:

Is the jury still out on "best builds for x"? I always make dumb choices in character builds because I try to use non video game logic.

Yeah, the game's young enough that I think the build meta is still in flux as people learn how things actually work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

ASAPI posted:

Is there a new thread that actually talks about New World?

All I know is I joined a discord server to get a server name. Now there are hundreds of posts about some TT guy who sounds like a turd.

I'm not sure what the walls of text with random screenshots are supposed to sway me to, but ban the guy and start ignoring him already.

There are some ok guides out there but nothing that’s been heavily theory crafted or tested that I’ve seen. My general suggestions are:

1. Every weapon has really good passives that provide major damage and survivability boosts. These often make better early picks for melee weapons than getting multiple skills.

2. Most weapons end up being heavy investment (13+ points) in one of the two trees depending on your playstyle.

3. Respec often as you get new points. For the first few points you probably want a few skills, then you want to respec heavy passives, then when you can finish a whole skill + passive line those are usually worth it.

4. When picking stats, respec frequently as well when you get enough points for new bonus nodes (50, 100, etc.) For many builds, especially melee, you want to put as much if not more points into constitution as well as strength or dex. Getting 50 str then 50 con is usually better than rushing 100 str.