Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

LegoMan posted:

I felt compelled to answer this: when you kill a deer you reach inside their anus and slice out their pee gland and yank it through their buttholes.

I've personally never done it, I've never killed a deer but I've had to sit through watching my dad do it way more times than healthy because "if you're going to eat it, you should know where it comes from" or some poo poo

My grandpa taught me to field dress by cutting around the butthole, then up the belly outside of the fascia to dump the guts and avoid perforating the bladder or intestines. I don't have to reach up their butts even once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Xalidur posted:

I have done this. I'm in the second town and want to go back to the first.

Yeah you just click on the town on the map, there's a fast travel option right below the tavern port option. You have to be in a sanctuary area (in a town, at a TP shrine) to do this.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Got a nice little hatchet as a sidequest reward in Brightwood. It's nothing special in the grand scheme of things and it isn't tradeable, but it'd be a cool reward if I used hatchets!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Harrow posted:

I think this is correct.

The gems aren't just a "make this scale with another stat" modifier. They convert a portion of the weapon's damage to an element, and then that scales with the corresponding stat. All the elements scale with either Intelligence or Focus.

I don't think this is correct, reading the gem descriptions

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Cannon_Fodder posted:

When does Life Staff play stop being loving boring?

I want to hybrid sword/shield + life staff. I'll probably lack any damage and hate it, but I'm only level 15 right now.

It doesn't, but at least you get the fun "doink" attack sound from the life staff

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Boar It posted:

I really hope they do. It feels like such an obvious thing, but it seems like Amazon is scared of gating content behind PVP. I don't touch the wilderness in OSRS unless I have to but that is because the PVP relies on tick manipulation and skull tricking which is just total bullshit. But I've had fun fighting others so far, incidentally everyone has been around my own level but I've only fought like three people because 99% of people don't flag up.

Something that kills me about no one flagging is that you get absolutely insane weapon xp from pvp kills and the cost for dying is completely negligible. Creating a camp to respawn takes 5 wood and a flint, it's nothing to drop one whenever you're getting a ways away from your last one.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Pigbottom posted:

As a non pvp person, for me personally is that I really don't care about the xp. I'm having fun, walking around, chilling and pick up some plants or killing some zombies and as long as I get some progression even if it's way less, I'm ok with that. If I had to be on my toes and watch out for groups of dudes trying to have their fun at the expense of spoiling my chill, I would just go and play some other game.
My point is, for people like me, we don't actually want the adrenaline moments most of the time.

don't get me started on Sea of Thieves

I think that it's good that we can both have our respective types of fun, but I wish that there was some way to incentivize pvp, especially for people gathering. We both want that ore, fight me for it!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I don't love that the T1 harvesting mats go into crafts all of the way up to the top. The low level zones are just buried in level 35-50 people gathering iron and hemp and low level players can't get the resource spawns and can't even be flagged for pvp for fear of getting deleted. There should be a break at like, starmetal and silk where a new "base" resource goes into the production tree.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I've never enjoyed fishing in a game but I want to make food that requires cooking oil which requires fish oil so I guess I'm going to have to learn!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
This thread is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Honestly the most fun I've had in this game was when purple was shifting influence on brightwood to declare war, and maybe a dozen other covenant folks headed into the woods to stop them. Running through the fog in the dark, hearing the sounds of fighting and heading towards them to even out an unfair fight or turn a fair one to our advantage. A good hour of mixed skirmishing in the woods with strangers of all levels, it was loving awesome. I can't help but think that if all of the covenant sweaties had come too instead of focusing on turning in quests en masse to push influence in another zone we could have had hours of full scale war raging through the forest, with all of the tactical technicalities of small groups of purples trying to focus on turning the quests and us trying to run them down. There's a lot of fun to be had with the PvP in this game, and if you're into it participation is reward enough. It also gives a truckload of weapon experience.