Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I don't think anyone is stopping you from continuing to use the nazi discord if thats what you want? Go with your heart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

why would a banned user who got banned specifically for discord bullshit, and who is never allowed to mention discord again on SA (according to his rap sheet), get his discord listed in the op?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

totalnewbie posted:

So which is it, was he banned for things that occurred on other platforms or for his poo poo post?

you should probably listen to the actual mod rather than me, a dumb idiot

i didnt exactly press the button

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Oct 4, 2021

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

JackDRipper posted:

1. This is all crap from the past being dragged up conveniently after TT has had the OP for 2+ years without so much as a single voice calling for his head.

lots of us have been insulting TT in this forum for years, up to and including in the previous thread before it blew up. if you werent paying attention cool, i dont care

Ad by Khad posted:

goon guilds are pretty fine and chill as long as you wait for Tempus Thales to flame out / get kicked out and move on to his next Game Of The Week before joining it

just make sure he takes his GDN spybot with him when he goes

I myself had a pretty lovely time in the Atlas goon group specifically by waiting for the TT/Kimsemus goof troop to gently caress the gently caress off before I joined it

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 4, 2021

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I tried to link this hilarity to Feds but this forum is paywalled

They are the big covenant group on royllo so maybe have a chat with them about all this *gestures wildly at everything*

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Ash1138 posted:

the leader of Fed was gushing about us on discord on saturday night after stopping like 3 serious pushes against brightwood and coordinating to help them in everfall in thanks for defending the brightwood fort.

she's gonna be so confused about this when she finds out lol

I warned them about TT a little over a week ago, it's not coming completely outta nowhere for them

Just kinda outta nowhere

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Ash1138 posted:

this did escalate quickly. despite the pvp influence bug, it felt like things were coming together, covenant on the march, etc.

but if it was inevitable (i know nothing about all this history with TT), better to rip off the bandaid in week 1

I expect covenant will be fine, Fed has three guilds (under one banner) too

Fed's opinion of UWU last week was "seems like potatoes" so if anything this will probably make you a lot stronger

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 4, 2021

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Dead Like Rev posted:

Gonna quote this and say i've warned goons about TT before, its just he came in screeching that I was "insane" and folks believed him and his bullshit giant 500 word essay on why I was "insane". For some reason I came in and said "Hey ya'll shouldn't play with Tempus Thales and here's why" and it stuck and ya'll all dog piled on him in loving New World of all places. I've legit tried warning people about him for YEARS now, Ad by Khad and others can vouch for that.

yeah but i was warning Federation, they arent goons

they are however the biggest covenant group on their server, and good friends of mine from atlas

they kept the New World faith for a really goddamned long time, despite the delays, despite the bullshit, despite everyone around them saying new world would be a poo poo game, and now they were proven completely right and are having an awesome time and I applaud them for it

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

cool, I hope you continue to kick rear end

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I typically don't go very far out of my way to warn goons about TT because it simply isnt necessary. Just give it a month or two (edit: in this case four days) and he'll dramabomb all by himself.

It was the non-goons I insisted on giving the heads up to. And they are having a good laugh at this mess too.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Nalin posted:

Oof. Looks like TT is going to give the whole guild including all the territory and money to Federation Gold and leave all the goons out to dry.

lmfao so the goon guild bank ended up with.... me

thats so dumb its hilarious

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

TT and the uwu holdouts joined federation lmao

I'm quite certain that Church, the leader of fed, knows what he's doing here but Royllo goons please be aware

Me and many other atlas goons who know fed have been warning them profusely, they know a little bit about who TT is. But hey, now I'm telling you

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

The Shortest Path posted:

Any chance you can convince them to give us our territory and bank back? We all want to work with these guys and other Covenant guilds going forward but if they're gonna gently caress us on this that's a pretty huge black mark and will cause loads of problems down the line.

I can't see other smaller guilds being willing to get in on working together as a faction when it becomes publicly known that FED hosed over the next biggest coalition on the faction for the sake of a pissbaby like TT and will probably do the same to them if the opportunity arises.

I don't really want to get involved in that fight. I have known Church for a long time but I do not know what his plan is, in this circumstance. I have some theories but it's really not my business to ask.

Do what's right for you, if you gotta. I'm not really in a position to ask them to do that.

edit: the best thing would be for *you guys* to talk to fed, and see if you can resolve things

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

The Shortest Path posted:

We did, he basically said eat poo poo and maybe if we're helpful enough in the future they'd deign to allow us to take territory somewhere else.

They also invited TT to FED and made him an officer on the shared faction discord.

big ol' yikes

sounds like you have an enemy now, yeah

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

still plenty of time

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Someone in the NW Fed group contacted me and told me that TT is no longer in Fed.

I've been leaving this drama alone for today but I figured since I'm the one that posted here that he was in there, it's only right that I post that he's now not in there. As for the other UWU whatevers I don't really know who they even are so I won't speculate.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Bows get a bad rap but I've seen my friend johnnybob do some absolutely terrifying poo poo with it

He sent me a video of him winning a 1v3 and I was the proudest mom

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

celebrated so hard I bought the game lol

truly it is a new world

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

RocketRaygun posted:

While I may never play this game, I've been glued to this thread because at least someone is doing something about TT haha

its beautiful

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

if you've been around mmo hmo for any considerable length of time you've seen worse games survive with much less

atlas has like 400 players and just got a new content patch today

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

CLAM DOWN posted:

The # of players is and always will be meaningless, they can consolidate servers until there is a good population. The problem is this game's garbage PvE where there are 3.5 types of quests that you repeat ad nauseum for 60 levels, the complete joke of organized pvp (in a game that massively touts and relies on organized pvp), and the total absence of modern mmo QoL features that grognards with rose-tinted glasses think they like but it's actually loving terrible.

I don't disagree with any of this but we've been saying it for two years and despite that NW went big anyway so I'm done with doubting these guys

If it does die off ok fine, non-subscription games are kind of expected to eventually anyway

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Lawlicaust posted:

Unless they are even more incompetent than we assume, there should be no reason that they couldn’t come up with a service to support cross-region. Yes, it means they would need to come up with a process export the character data from the data center, a format to store it in, and a way to import that stored data to another region.

this same criticism could be made about wow, but after 17 years they too claim cross-region transfer is impossible

amazon probably made a questionable decision hard separating NA East and West into two distinct regions though I guess

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

so much for the greens' plan to have "7 connected territories" that they were taunting syndicate about last night lolol

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

grats SFD, good poo poo

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

this never happened no matter how badly you pretend it to be true: see every other goon i've actually played games with who've never seen me say the n word and who've seen me tell people not to say the n word

you were specifically banned from the atlas goons for slurs like this (and caught a threadban from the atlas thread), so I'm gonna have to call this false

that was a long time ago and maybe you don't do that anymore, idc I'm not holding a grudge over it, but you sure did in 2019 so i dunno about never

Ruggan posted:

I think a lot of posters tend to draw a false equivalency between “provides fun experience” and “is of good quality”.

thank you

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I know who you are, globby, and yes I didn't play with atlas goons back then either but I was still invited to chat with them, same as you

I'm not going to re-litigate this though, this drama is old and stupid

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

it makes sense to have the luck take time to kick in, to prevent constant swaps like you said

if it's true though the game should tell you that, and if it doesnt thats just rude to the player

albion harvesting gear explicitly tells you multiple times, hey this poo poo doesnt turn on instantaneously

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

some dude with an attractive voice flagged me down in windsward just to ask me to play dice with him

it's really remarkable how chill and untoxic this game is compared to previous games like it and I think it has to do with how much lower the stakes are - if you lose a war you don't get wiped and lose all your poo poo, for example

edit: another example would be how the objectives are mainly faction based and not guild based, so there's more emphasis on your faction doing well than your own personal company

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 11, 2021

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

congratulations GoonSquadd

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I do have a lot of salt but it really helps that going from the 1400 luck food to the 1700 luck food stops needing salt to make, the 1700 harvesting food is actually really easy on the mats

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

You can troll faction chat

this part's pretty great

royllo is far less toxic than atlas but the chat is global so you dont have to ever put it down if you dont want

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

making a very nice bit of coin while leveling some of these professions, even past 100 now

I don't think I've done that in an mmo since burning crusade, usually they are huge money pits

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

it gets even better when you make starmetal spears because people have so many tens of thousands of wyrdwood from wolf grinding and then you salvage that into starmetal ingots

leveling engi has been highly profitable in like three or four different ways, love it

edit: as of this morning's patch they dont salvage into ingots anymore. lol rip

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 13, 2021

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

it was good while it lasted, I certainly took great advantage

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

only time-gated crafting i've seen is tuning orbs, and thats to reduce (but not prevent) people spamming dungeons all day

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

there is a substantial amount of xp each time your town standing levels up

also each time one of your trade skills goes up, which is why people were doing the super quick skinning and logging to 200 grinds

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

royllo has plenty of newbies, including me less than a week ago!

newbies paid for my house, my trade post strategy requires them

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

the flux buff this morning was an absolute godsend and high tier resources are much more reasonable to craft now, combined with people having high refine skills it's a real big diff

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

The Locator posted:

Flux buff? Explain please.

supply crates give like 2-3 times more refining mats

100+ from a single box sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I think it's very intended, but whether it is or it isnt, hell fuckin yeah for now

flux should never have been a huge bottleneck in the first place