Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

totalnewbie posted:

So, TT aside, there are still a bunch of people who play and use that discord. Pretty lovely to just remove it because of TT. If people don't want to play with him 1000% fine, but at the end of the day, there's a bunch of people who use the discord (for better or for worse) and play NW.

It was actually extremely easy to leave that discord and I suspect it will be extremely easy to join the new one when it's set up. Like I'm not a genius by any stretch and I pulled it off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

totalnewbie posted:

I don't actually care who or what discord server I'm using as it has zero bearing on the people I play with who, so far, have not exhibited any of the behavior that's been talked about.

Great so then migrating everyone to a new discord with a few clicks to avoid the server run by the crazed weirdo creep is the course of action then, sweet, good talk!

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

That Works posted:

K so TT was openly putting things together during the Beta etc, folks like me who had no idea who he was or any of his history signed right up for the guild / discord. For future reference maybe bring up the reasons that TT running things is a bad idea a little sooner? Would have been nice to know before launch although I guess we did get a pretty hilarious meltdown in the last thread so maybe it's worth it after all.

I didn't know TT either but I was very much aware of the Archeage fiasco with fishing pacts, bob from marketing etc. and knowing he was even halfway adjacent to that is a huge yikes

I'd say worth it for the fun meltdown but I guess it depends on how invested you were into his particular company