Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Crafted bags can roll a perk that gives them even more space. Just rolled an extra 68 weight on a bag. Really feels like it should have been 69 but I'll take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Biowarfare posted:

If I see an iron ore spawn, does that imply the same iron ore will respawn there after some time in the exact same position? Is there a way I can write down an x,y coordinate or know which x,y coordinate I'm at if so?

FPS counter also has coordinates. There's this map which has nodes:

https://www.newworld-map.com/#/

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

:rubby:

Consider this a real world lesson on how racist, sexist pieces of poo poo actually get dealt with. Generally they get away with it for a few years because they try to target the meekest of the pack and do everything they can to make them feel isolated. They abuse whatever power they have to silence their critics and influence others to their side. They publicly attempt to be neutral or woke to defuse any criticism. They skirt the rules closely and often avoid consequences because they don’t violate the letter of the law:

They get driven out of some places but constantly seek attention and whatever power they can find. Usually they are silent for a bit and people think maybe they’ve learned their lesson. Others know they haven’t learned and will keep being lovely but they’ve tried and failed to get real action taken so they given up. In some cases, the people reporting the behavior have received consequences in the past, been told this wasn’t the right venue for a personal vendetta, or just been ignored.

Eventually, the person fucks up in what appears to be a smaller way but it lets everyone come forward again and plead their case of why this is a pattern of behavior. Other people are emboldened to share the private experiences they had which previously went unreported. Then things happen very quickly and people get whiplash and react the way you did. “If he’s so bad, why did it take this long?”

All the above is true in this situation. Some of us have aggressively pushed him out of games before and named and shamed his bad behavior. He changed his name and many of us didn’t make the connection until years later (me just a few days ago).

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

ASAPI posted:

Is there a new thread that actually talks about New World?

All I know is I joined a discord server to get a server name. Now there are hundreds of posts about some TT guy who sounds like a turd.

I'm not sure what the walls of text with random screenshots are supposed to sway me to, but ban the guy and start ignoring him already.

Is the jury still out on "best builds for x"? I always make dumb choices in character builds because I try to use non video game logic.

There are some ok guides out there but nothing that’s been heavily theory crafted or tested that I’ve seen. My general suggestions are:

1. Every weapon has really good passives that provide major damage and survivability boosts. These often make better early picks for melee weapons than getting multiple skills.

2. Most weapons end up being heavy investment (13+ points) in one of the two trees depending on your playstyle.

3. Respec often as you get new points. For the first few points you probably want a few skills, then you want to respec heavy passives, then when you can finish a whole skill + passive line those are usually worth it.

4. When picking stats, respec frequently as well when you get enough points for new bonus nodes (50, 100, etc.) For many builds, especially melee, you want to put as much if not more points into constitution as well as strength or dex. Getting 50 str then 50 con is usually better than rushing 100 str.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

CuddleCryptid posted:

Well that kind of kicks the "you can level all weapons but your choices are limited by your stats, but you can respec your stats on the fly so it's ok" cover in the teeth.

Those are both a really small cost especially later.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Son of Rodney posted:

Having three threads with each less than 50 pages was a pretty good indicator already, but I'm still gonna ask as I'm interested in this game: what's the goon consensus on this game? Everything i heard is more or less average but good looking with fun combat. The buy and play until you're done price of 40 is just enough for me to concider spending a few hours in a game, but if it's just bad then of course Ill skip it.

Against all odds, it is a fun game. It’s old school in many ways, leveling can be pretty slow, there are definitely bugs, and server queues suck right now.

The core loop is a lot of fun though. Gathering/Crafting looks, sounds, and feels good and makes very useful things. Combat is engaging and active enough that you feel rewarded by being good at it but it’s not trying to tap dance on your keyboard to survive. The sound and visual design is good for the most part other than the starting areas being a little boring and there not being near enough enemy variety.

If the devs scale the servers more and offer good transfers, there will likely be a good bit of people stick around for the first month. If they squash a lot of the bugs out there and roll out good new content, it may have some legs. Total crapshoot though because we have no idea how invested they are in making this work. They may have just wanted to recoup some of the sink cost of their mostly failed game studio or they could want to invest in making this a big hitX

Either way, it’s worth $40. I’d be more leery if there was a sub but there’s more to do in this than a lot of $60 games out there.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

jabro posted:

So I checked if the game was available through GeForce Now so I could make big rocks into little rocks while sitting on my couch. No dice but was surprised to learn it’s not even available through Luna, Amazon’s streaming service and no plans for it.

They don’t want their data centers to melt.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Because they locked character creation on Royllo there is now only a 10 person queue on the server. However, the server that I played on while waiting for transfers now has a 1500+ person queue because it’s not locked.

Edit: It gets even better. I made a character on Royllo but was never able to log on due to the huge queues. Now I have a level 1 character that has never logged on to Royllo. When trying to log on to Royllo, I get put in the queue but can never actually enter the world because the character has never logged into Royllo. Amazing.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 5, 2021

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Regarding Amrine, you really just need a good tank that can dodge more than anything else. Two of the runs I’ve done have had the tank die on the last boss and I have to pick up tanking. I only have a handful of points in 1h sword and shield but was able to stay alive from 70% on. Most of his attacks can be blocked, a few cannot and require a dodge. There’s plenty of room in the room to move around, eat, and pop potions to heal if you have a bad healer.

Dps needs to not die to his slams too. Again, just all about dodging at the right time.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

wolfs posted:

by any chance are there any lurkers that joined omeyocan? I did, joined the marauders, and found a company called goonsquad that is seemingly run by a rando

He’s a decent rando though- he’s seemingly the only competent marauder guild leader in wars that, like, calls out targets and stuff.

I’ve yet to do a war, since I’m only level 27

Hatchet and heal stick is pretty fun, but I feel like my character is very squishy even with heavy armor. I don’t see how you could play this game without doing the heal staff as a secondary.

I feel like hatchet is a nonstop murder machine by itself. I used life staff for a while but swapped off when I could do through 5 mobs without healing.

I recommend putting a lot of points into constitution. Mine are split str/con. I wear medium or light armor and have the fortify after a combo passive. Secondary changes depending on what I want to level up. Sword and Board can be good for stronger enemies. Rapier for more dodges and bleeds.

I pop food every 3-5 enemies but Berserk does most of the healing for me. I play pretty wreckless against most enemies and only dodge heavily against rares.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Barreft posted:

Also does anyone even know if free transfers are coming? Everyone keeps saying it and assuming it here but I haven't seen anything. I imagine if a realm is already locked you won't be able to transfer to it, free or otherwise

I would hope they let people transfer to locked servers because they barely have queues these days because no one is creating new characters on them. Royllo has a shorter queue time than most of the open creation servers.

The response on the forum about it from a community manager is less than inspiring though...

quote:

And we are going to work with the community on character transfer to help get everyone distributed throughout all the servers available. We don’t expect to get this all perfect in one stroke, so we’ll continue to work with you, our community, to make sure everyone is satisfied.

quote:

We are working with the team to get a full FAQ for character transfers and as soon as we have all the details we anticipate folks will want to know we’ll share that full list. Appreciate your patience, totally understand this info is critical.

quote:

I understand that majority of folks want to see a substantial increase to the server capacity. While we continue to work on server capacity we will also pursue all other available improvements to the situation.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 6, 2021

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Barreft posted:

I feel you're going to be disappointed.

Yeah, I edited my post after reading some awful CM responses.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
They took Carabas down for maintenance but didn't send any message about it. Just a random forum post in an unrelated thread. Various services just went off one after another. The chat server went down. Whatever lets characters respawn/teleport went down. Then people finally got disconnected over time. I was in Amrine at the time so suddenly all chat disappear. Pretty weird but whatever. Then someone got stuck running in a corner. Then someone died and couldn't rez. We made it all the way to the next to last boss with three people then the tank died and couldn't respawn. Then I died and couldn't respawn. Kick back to login and world is down.

loving phenomenal communication/management.

Edit: Or maybe the world group just died but it died in phases. Some people who are just gathering are still online with no issue. Bizarre.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 6, 2021

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
This game has such good and descriptive error messages:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

0 surprise. They did a few “quick resets” last night to fix the amrine orb bugs and those quick resets ended up not properly kicking people off then lasting 2+ hours on some servers.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

gently caress Man posted:

has there been any indication or posts from amazon regarding how content will be released in the future? do we know if they plan on going the seasonal route like destiny/call of duty?

They still haven’t articulated the transfer plan much less a release plan.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I don’t think anyone here doesn’t realize this game has serious issues with progression, grind, lack of content like every MMO that has launched. There’s also a lot of things it does well or close to well. And there’s a hope for additional investment because Amazon.

We all know there is going to be a fall off after a few weeks. Whether this game fails longer term is completely dependent on 1) how they solve the server and transfer situation; 2) their content roadmap. Both of these are a complete crapshoot right now.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

CLAM DOWN posted:

Is your brain broken? Holy lol you cannot genuinely think like ths. You're trolling.

People always come out like this when an MMO release. I’ve never understood stanning so hard for a game. It’s like some people’s brains explode at the idea of enjoying something but admitting it’s not very good.

Sometimes I enjoy a cheese burger for sonic, but it’s not very good. I stayed at a cheap rear end resort a few years ago that was objectively awful in most ways but it had free drinks and good food. Many of us have definitely dated or slept with someone that was terrible for us but we had fun at the time. Most Nick Cage movies are very bad.

Things can be bad and fun. Things can have obvious expiration dates on fun. Some people just cannot grasp the concept and believe everything they do must be the best thing ever no matter how bad it is. DND versus CSPAM energy really.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

MarcusSA posted:

My biggest issue is that sometimes the combat just doesn’t work like it should. Maybe it’s because I’m using a fire staff but it happens often enough where I press Q and nothing happens and I have to hit it again.

Things will be flowing great and then that will happen and it takes me out of the somewhat decent combat and leaves me frustrated.

There’s a lot of little bugs like this with the combat that just needed some more time in the oven. The elevation issues, some animation/effect not matching with block/dodge timing of certain enemies, a lot of little number tweaking here and there.

I legitimately hope they keep stomping bugs and make this a much better game. There’s a lot of things that aren’t terrible here and some that are actually good. There’s a ton of awful too but most of the awful things aren’t the hardest ones to overcome.

A bunch of bug squashing, tweaking some xp rates and mob/resource spawn times, and fixing server issues and this might be a pretty mediocre game that can limp along until it gets more content. There should be no doubt be that it absolutely does not have content though.

High level is very samey as lower level and while there are some interesting expeditions up there, there just is not enough endgame content by a mile. There’s not really longterm goals for any playstyle, there’s lots of bugs in the endgame content that makes it hard to play, and much of it feels very light. None of this should be surprise to anyone based on the last year of Dev though.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 8, 2021

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Babe Magnet posted:

this isn't about transferring to full servers. like you said, that's common sense. it's not even about having multiple character on the same battlegroup or whatever they're called, since that should be common sense too since it's one of the character creation restrictions anyway

what people (the ones who are paying attention at least) are mostly upset about is the surprise restriction in region, which was never mentioned as a restriction whenever the community team was asked about the upcoming server transfers. They were straight up telling people to roll in different servers because when transfers hit you can meet back up with your friends, so a lot of people on like EU or US East where there was little room in the first few days rolled in different regions just to be able to play

Wait, I assumed they meant US and EU when they meant regions. You can't transfer US East to West? LOL.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Going to kill 10% of their population easily I would imagine. Maybe those people would have quit anyway but there's a lot of people that just got told they couldn't play with friends.

The world set restriction is hilarious too. They are so bad at this it is truly loving incredible. I expect transfers to completely break characters at this point.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Babe Magnet posted:

Official explanation on why server transfers can't happen across regions: "each region is actually it's own database and tagging characters to a new world isn't possible"
Official explanation on why they let people believe incorrect information on their official twitter and forums before correcting it days later: "whoops"

I would guess they new this days ago and someone has just been going "ohfuckohfuckohfuckohfuck" since the tweet. Today someone finally convinced him that it wouldn't be too bad to say it...

Babe Magnet posted:

If the game was more fun to play on an actual minute-to-minute basis and didn't require an awful hellgrind to progress because they only started adding PvE content 6 months ago, it likely wouldn't be an issue. Requiring a large time investment is fine for most people... once.

Yeah, I'm in the 30s and absolutely would not reroll for any reason. Would definitely quit first.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Oh well, still worth the $40 to ban TT.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

causticBeet posted:

How pissed off are the AGS engineers right now that some dumb community manager ran their mouth and now their team looks like poo poo and is going to get absolutely raked. Prime example of why when you don’t know the answer, you are better off saying so or at the very least shutting up.

Well the answer in the FAQ that it was not technically possible to transfer regions was pretty dumb to begin with so they should get roasted for that. Something like, “the way we currently have our data centers architected means that we can’t immediately support cross-regions transfers and will roll-out inter-region transfer first. We are investigating a solution for cross-region transfers but have no ETA at this time.” Would have been a much better answer.

Unless they are even more incompetent than we assume, there should be no reason that they couldn’t come up with a service to support cross-region. Yes, it means they would need to come up with a process export the character data from the data center, a format to store it in, and a way to import that stored data to another region.

Does that require extra work? Absolutely. Is it technically not possible? I loving doubt it. At the end of the day it’s just data. Now, some of that data is probably stored in different services and some of them aren’t directly associated with the character as the primary so it is probably a pain in the rear end. I’m guessing storage and maybe housing is more complex because it isn’t neatly associated with just the character.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Ad by Khad posted:

this same criticism could be made about wow, but after 17 years they too claim cross-region transfer is impossible

amazon probably made a questionable decision hard separating NA East and West into two distinct regions though I guess

I know people who have contacted customer service when they've moved countries and gotten EU to US transfers in WoW. It's just not an off the shelf service.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 9, 2021

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

The Gadfly posted:

No, copying data from one database to another is literally impossible.

What are you implying, that amazon is incompetent or something?

I bet they did some real dumb poo poo with how they have various elements of character data stored and “technically not possible” means: 1) they’d have to transfer a bunch of different sets of data across databases for each character; 2) then modify keys on the data being transferred, the tables, or both; 3) build new services to do all of the above because each region and database are probably implemented completely separately and they have maintenance everything separately; 4) they have no way to import new data to a database while servers are live without breaking something; 5) they are shocked poo poo even runs and some code making things runs was probably developed by people who are no longer there and they are afraid to break it; 6) they have an idea of how they could do it but the amount of Dev time to do it makes some engineering managers very unhappy; 7) after the last month of crunch to get this out, the architects and seniors are on vacation for two more weeks so they aren’t even staffed to do it.

Etc.

It’s probably a spaghetti code shitshow after all the things they have ripped out and shoved into the game in the last year.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Hy_C posted:

GDPR compliance would be applied regardless of where the server is physically hosted so long as it captures EU citizen information.

You assume anyone working in tech even knows what GDPR compliance is outside of Europe customer poo poo. Or anything having to do with customer data for that matter. I regularly have to deal with terrible customer data idea from engineers. We’re replatforming and a very senior tech leader that should have known better suggested to me the other day that we could reduce cost by hosting our OMS and customer data for all countries(20+) in a single instance in the US.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Pretty funny that they mostly stuck the landing on launching a PvP heavy mmo and complete poo poo the bed by absolutely failing at the core capability that made Amazon 99% of their money.

There are so many posts from the previous threads I want to dig up where people were like “Amazon is known for cloud and servers, they couldn’t possibly gently caress that up.”

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Kill All Cops posted:

The launch fuckery combined with locked servers has pretty much killed any influx of newbies, resulting in the remaining target audience being people who didn't poopsock the first week. We tried to do some PVP to take over Monarch's Bluff, but even with the supposed buff to attackers our Covenant faction are just plain outnumbered for any real attempt to take over the town. We made it to ~50-60% influence, and Syndicate had a group of 30 chain running to push it back the progress. It was all a moot point though because we lost all progress when an Invasion took over the area with no one clearing Corrupted portals in lowbie zones when I went for dinner.

If you guys like the SE area of Brightwood you may like Edengrove, but as a rapier user with no self healing that place is just awful and I need to use up all my consumables for each mob.

All MMOs depend on people convincing their friends to play. Servers being full, transfers having no date, and the region poo poo make this a hard sell right now. My usual gaming group is currently split across servers and the few people who haven't started playing yet are on the fence about where to start with the ???? of transfers. The game is having a big player fall-off for the dumbest reasons and I love it.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Darwin_ posted:

I am just having hard time believing that our character data is covered under GDPR or any privacy law for that matter. It would be amazing tho to have my fishing level or the amount of azoth I have to be protected under a law lmao.

But I have mere feeling that only thing protected is our billing info which has nothing to do with our characters' servers and is anonymized and stored in a bunch of servers that are part of a location-independent cloud.

I am definitely not an expert on this topic and don't have any certifications or anything. If anyone knows a good data privacy lawyer, my character would like to talk to you about the Everfall Data Privacy Regulations regarding trading post transactions.

So there are some weird tendrils of the GDPR/CCPA that can be interpreted to extend beyond just billing and personal information. They aren't particularly well-written regulations and I've been in situations where someone argued CCPA applies in a situation where there is absolutely no PII involved but the data that is involved would be enough for someone to uniquely identify an individual despite it having not personal info, address, location, etc. The same goes for unique identifiers. Older customer privacy thinking would be that you gave customers unique identifiers that were eitehr algorithmically generated or had a separate more secure dataset with the key to cross reference who the customer is. I've seen situations where neither of those approaches were argued to be sufficient. Lots of companies don't really want to press their luck with it either because of the huge price tag and/or are getting advice from outside law firms and consultants to go overboard on customer privacy regulations.

Now all that to say, character data for this game likely isn't anything covered under any variation of consumer privacy but there's way more than billing info that is covered. I could see someone arguing some crazy poo poo about second life or something similar though and probably being successful.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Ruggan posted:

yeah it’s absolutely some form of data migration between servers forcing record rekeys all over the place, some cleanup on the source system and reconciliation on the destination (eg housing), and maybe record changes on the live system possibly causing instability like you said

All of which aren't that difficult to identify and resolve with a good service if you have really good documentation on how data interacts with various services, what data is unique for characters and servers, and built you database and services in a way to accept outside changes easily. With everything else that's a shitshow in this game I would guess there's little to no documentation and really half-assed architecture. So it's a nightmare to figure out, test, and deploy at best.

In summary,

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Digital Prophet posted:

Does it count as mod sass if we make shirts?

Only if you add a obnoxiously long and pretentious quote about how goons are superior and sell them on your faction's discord.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

The Clap posted:

Some guy with an ice gauntlet walked up to me and offered a duel when I was harvesting some hemp in Restless Shores. I accepted, and during the duel, I took a bite of some food instinctively because he was being a little weasel, running around kiting me with frost stuff.

After the duel, he called me several names for "using a potion". Did I break some sort of duel code? What was he on about, isn't the point of a duel to try and win? I had never dueled before, just trying to figure out why this guy chose "abuse" lol

There is only one type of person who randomly duels others in the world and he’s absolutely the type who chooses to abuse people after regardless of win or loss.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

err posted:

what is the best weapon to use with the life staff?

also what armor type?

Warhammer, heavy armor, focus -> damage gem in the hammer.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Phoix posted:

Wait until you need loads of eggs. Cooking anything but the standard healing food is a nightmare.

You mean you sound like running a circuit of the same two ruins for 8 eggs in 30 minutes?

gently caress any good cooking food. I’ll farm something else and buy that poo poo.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
This game is in such a weird spot because despite all the lovely parts of it, the massive bugs, and disconnected development… it could strike gold and be the next big MMO except…

It clearly wasn’t ready for release after all the redos over the last year and a half. It’s so anemic on content.

The server poo poo is absolutely ratfucking them. I’m on a server that’s one of the last US servers to regularly have a massive queue and the queue was gone last night.

They were far too conservative on server size at launch. People expect server to be crowded at a game launch and tolerate it. The incredibly low caps really hosed with people getting on the right server and having enough concentrated people to survive attrition. Add to that the cross-region shenanigans and delay in even inter-region transfers and they just repeatedly shot themselves in the foot.

I’d love to see this game survive and get good progressive updates. If they don’t sort the server poo poo out soon it’s going nowhere. My normal group has completely quit for now at this point because we’ve all gotten to the 40s/50s and are still on different servers and can’t play together.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I don’t think it takes as much as it appears to take to craft an item and is mostly comparable to other games from a time perspective. However, the numbers you get per node and numbers require to craft make it seem worse than it is.

If an iron node gave you 10 ore instead if 20-40 and if it was 1-2 ore a bar and 1-2 bars for smaller items and 4-5 for larger items, it wouldn’t feel so ridiculous. But all the numbers are just weirdly inflated including what you gather so it looks like a astronomical number.

I do think they need to greatly decrease the xp/level required for gathering and crafting after like 25/50. That also makes it feel really terrible when it takes 20 iron nodes to level one level in mining and 5-10 expensive item crafts to gain a level.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Third World Reagan posted:

I still miss warhammer onlines pvpve public quests although they were not touched very much by the player base.

A remake of WAR with updated graphics, better servers, and content that is finished would probably do very well today. WAR was just rushed out as an unfinished buggy, unstable, mess. There were some terrible ideas in there too (talent trees and specs were so bad) for sure but the core of that game was extremely fun.

Hmm, this story sounds very familiar…

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Biowarfare posted:

i am well past 9k encumbrance and cannot move at all
i cannot make it back to the trading post
the server logged me on quite a bit away from it
i can only drop one item, which isn't enough to let me move

Respec rapier or great axe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Dr. Bonertron posted:

I came here to ask the same question -- joined a RL friend and his buddies on a US East server, and I think I'd rather just hoe down with some goons. How are things looking, and are we expecting transfers to be available to that server?

Unfortunately even if it was East to West transfers are probably a long way off.