Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

too bad, you have stag anus glands on the first page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dalmuti posted:

Delta Sqad is da best

I don't know what would the equivalent of autopiloting a badger to W6V in this game.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

totalnewbie posted:

It's not a loving TT fan club.

The discord is literally run by TT, another discord will be posted in the OP as soon as it is set up. Join it, or don't. Up to you.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://newworldfans.com/builds/wanna-be-paladin-94ad9a

For the goon who was curious about a paladin build for new world. Obviously take everything with a grain of salt in a new game but the poster seems to at least make justifications for their perk choices.

As far as priority for perks, obviously rush to get your your three moves unlocked for each weapon, then just prioritize the passives based on how you're feeling the build needs to be strengthened.

Sink all of your level up points into focus (180), along with enough gear points to hit 195-200 points minimum, and then the rest should be constitution to beef you up. As far as how this works at endgame? Who knows, nobody's had a chance to see how it all works at the endgame.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Can confirm warhammer is extremely face smashing fun, it makes a great clanging noise when you slam things with it, and half of its attacks are knockdowns or stuns.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Deviant posted:

what the hell is a substack

WordPress and Patreon had a baby basically, and it's full of libertarians.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A happily ever after ending!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

eonwe posted:

the answer is, do you like PvP? that is the end goal of this game currently

If you like pvp, too bad, avoiding pvp is optimal in the pursuit of control of territory!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

orange juche posted:

https://newworldfans.com/builds/wanna-be-paladin-94ad9a

For the goon who was curious about a paladin build for new world. Obviously take everything with a grain of salt in a new game but the poster seems to at least make justifications for their perk choices.

As far as priority for perks, obviously rush to get your your three moves unlocked for each weapon, then just prioritize the passives based on how you're feeling the build needs to be strengthened.

Sink all of your level up points into focus (180), along with enough gear points to hit 200 points minimum, and then the rest should be constitution to beef you up or strength for more clang. As far as how this works at endgame? Who knows, nobody's had a chance to see how it all works at the endgame.

For the goon asking about life staff/warhammer build

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nalin posted:

Oof. Looks like TT is going to give the whole guild including all the territory and money to Federation Gold and leave all the goons out to dry.

Anita Dickinme posted:

Ah the great Goonfuckening continues.

Federation Gold is at least friendly to the goon groups on Rollyo, so it's not as bad as it could be (letting the territory drop and letting the opposite factions get it). The territory may yet fall to purple anyways since they're abusing a rapid click exploit to multiply the impact of PVP mission turnins.

We're at a minimum cordial with Federation Gold, so we likely will wind up working something out that may wind up with Goons retaining control of Underpaid Workers Union if TT and crew is out of the picture. Honestly, Federation Gold getting governorship of UWU is one of the best possible options, because they're at least reasonable and we may be able to get the guild back if we want it.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 5, 2021

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Flavahbeast posted:

(idk if you can even transfer a territory to another guild though? how does that work)

You invite someone to your guild, transfer governorship to them, and then leave. They then proceed to wear your guild like an Edgar Suit a la Men in Black.

We may get our Edgar Suit back, which is not a bad thing!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I think the point where it becomes an SA issue is when it's the main game discord linked in a thread (or a ton of different threads!) and that in those cases there is clearly some kind of tacit approval being communicated to casual readers, doubly so when it's discords using sa's name and logo and clearly enjoying a direct, unhindered connection to the forums. I agree it sucks that it's extra work, but the upside is that SA has a bunch of pretty drat cool gaming communities that draw a ton of people into the site, both idiot j4gs and otherwise.

This is as opposed to actual offsite poo poo which I don't think you will almost ever see linked on SA unless someone made a particularly embarrassing banme that then became a meme

Bad Games Crew doesn't use SA's logo though. at least not in an unmodified fashion. Maybe they can be forced to remove it but is it really worth it? Extremely unlikely.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kill All Cops posted:

Update on my guildmate's ban status for those that care, despite him going thru live chat and submitting a ban appeal for this 3 day ban, I went with the more direct avenue of contacting one of the devs on Reddit and managed to somehow actually get a response as to why he was banned straight after coming out of a 24h ban.

The reason he was banned again was for calling someone "insect" in faction chat. I'm pretty sure he didn't say this yesterday, so this ban was for the previous infraction that he got the 24h ban for. Never mind that our faction chat is constantly full of sexists making rape/sex jokes.

Anyway, the dev said the moderation team thought a 3 day ban was excessive and unbanned him now. Maybe I was wrong about the autoban after all, I think automated moderation would actually be more preferable than the actual idiots on their moderation team

TIL: New World's moderation team is set up exactly like the old LoL tribunal system where everyone votes for max sentence for laughs.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Regarding attacker having wild amounts of power to sweep territory contests/influence. System is working as intended, and small groups can sweep 0-100 in a handful of turnins in order to encourage frequent territory contests, as long as they're not the owner of the specific territory. This is gonna get old real quick lol.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kill All Cops posted:

I'm sure they had a bonus for the towns that were due for a war, but taking three of them in such a short amount of time made me think about this post:

Yeah that was before the devpost saying "WORKING AS INTENDED"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mustache Ride posted:

It's all just EQ in different engines

It's just Ultima online but updated kind of

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pandaal posted:

Lol yeah you wrote and maintain the OP for a game that sucks so bad and is only good because other goons play it with you (ignoring that an mmo facilitating good social play *is* the foundation of a good game) and you totally won’t be playing a month from now posting “I have 600 hours in the game so far and it’s a bad…”

Why poo poo on something you enjoy at the moment? Why not let yourself like it and be vulnerable and dare I say optimistic for it’s future?

The new world defender has logged on I see.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

My biggest complaint about the game is the removal of level scaling for pvp. Closed beta was awesome because anyone could hop into PVP at any level and compete on a somewhat level playing field. This allowed players to level at whatever rate they wanted without any pressure to poop sock. Now a level 50 can two shot a level 30 with two left clicks from a life staff, which results in far fewer people flagging as they level, and as a result much less dynamic, fun open world PVP. It also encourages people to group up into gank squads even more than before.

This has a big domino effect on the large scale PVP and how the server faction compositions are playing out. Enclosed beta I was in a small guild of covenant players and we punched well above our weight in terms of level because we were organized and had a lot of practice against other players. Now it's just level 50 plus people they're getting across the map and mowing down any red that they see. People aren't going to want to level to 60 just to be able to compete. The spontaneous sporadic PVP while leveling broke up the monotony of it and obscured the blandness of the grind. Without that, there isn't much to distract the player from the specter of dozens of hours doing the same quests over and over.

Just a completely stupid decision made to appease a couple of piss baby streamers who were mad because they got owned by lower level people on their streams.

This was their largest mistake bar none. I was excited for New World a bit when a level 17 could put a level 55 in the hurt locker if they knew what they were doing, but Amazon made the dumb decision to make it so that there's zero point to flagging anymore.

I enjoyed gathering a bit, but gently caress me if the questing isn't dogshit and I can't even break it up with PVP because sweaties ground to cap and are now just turning level 30s into red mist.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kaysette posted:

Oh nice, it's that part of the New World Thread Cycle (TM) where I have to tell everyone to play nice instead of acting on the reports I've gotten.

I love you goofballs who willingly bought the Amazon MMO in 2021. Yes, it is probably a bad game. Yes, you can still have fun playing bad games (otherwise MMO HMO would cease to exist.) Half the fun of MMO launches is laughing with each other at the broken, wonky poo poo that barely holds together under the crushing weight of launch month populations.

What I don't love are slap fight and name calling and endless posting about posting / other posters. Please try to chill, thanks!

Who in the hell is reporting people in this thread lol, thread slapfights are not reportable, show yourself villain!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gone Fashing posted:

the grove area in the southeast of brightwood is fuckin rad. one of my favorite areas so far in a game full of cool scenery

Is that the swamp area? I love the swamp area, super spooky, also filled with seepstone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

loving lmao