Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

New World, New Thread, New Life.

Can't wait for whatever weird meltdown happens next, but also I wanna play with folks lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ougher posted:

You should pay more attention to who you are taking advice from, given who you are quoting. :thunk:

I suspect that was the joke

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah someone's gonna post a discord tomorrow

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

totalnewbie posted:

It's not a loving TT fan club.

It literally is a discord that he made for the purpose of playing games with his nazi buddies and drawing SA users in to be in charge of to feed his ego.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

All of the people on that server who aren't TTs nazi buddies can just click the link of the new discord when it's posted tomorrow and carry on like nothing changed. It's not like TT was a competent leader or anything, he barely knows how the game works and was only in charge because he was the first to do it like he always is because he's a power hungry narcissist.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CUM play, my lord!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Royllo is correct

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 4, 2021

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lmao

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

is that him?? Lmao

No it's just one of the many people leaving. Funny name and response though.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cardboard Fox posted:

I don't think I've ever joined and left a discord channel faster than that. Maybe it's the universe punishing me for playing a new MMO in 2021.

How does a grown person with a job and family have that kind of time. It's just unfathomable to me.

Well apparently his daughter avoids him like the plague so it's not hard I guess.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Sorry, what part should I remove??? I don't see anywhere I've mentioned you or your body.

I think they meant not to add the stuff they posted about TT when you update the OP.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Counterpoint: the guy is at the point of harassing random queer people on discord who have zero interest in talking to him for parenting tips because he himself could not stop bringing his kid up. It's pretty drat reasonable for people to interpret that as him having zero loving clue (about parenting or about anything else)

anyways good job tossing him out finally, it would be good to have a more formalized way to report people being wildly inappropriate on sa-affiliated discords that we could point people experiencing harassment to in the future. Sucks that that's necessary, but as long as good, welcoming gaming communities are one of SA's big draws, it's probably a good thing to have some formal policy for

Yeah it really sucks rear end that it took this long for something to finally be done about this clown. All of the handwringing about there being nothing that can be done about offsite stuff especially given that Jeffrey himself posted a couple years ago that they like to keep an eye on offsite discords to head off kiwifarms type poo poo (in justifying the PPJ incident) is really lovely.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Anita Dickinme posted:

I'm not worried at all about it and yeah, Feds may do something cool to help us out. Wreckis is talking to their leadership now. Just love how much this guy has goonfucked.

Yeah when more or less the same thing happened to us in Eve Echoes with Valador and then Tremek taking all of the assets and then loving off, we were in an even worse situation than we are here and after a few days of chilling out and grouping up together we turned HONK into the most effective powerhouse in the game over the next month.

We can do the same thing here even if we get nothing else out of UwU. Just gotta play the game together and have a good time, and we'll get a place to call home before you know it. Goonfucking sucks but it can be recovered from, and I believe in y'all.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ad by Khad posted:

lmfao so the goon guild bank ended up with.... me

thats so dumb its hilarious

Hahahahahahahahah omfg this owns

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

iroguebot posted:

So I have a character on Royollo but I think im in one of the offshoot guilds not the original main one. Where's the majority of goons playing current? I literally have logged on in like 4 days due to queues but sort of want to play with goons if the original shithead is gone finally

Goons in Pantaloons, Aeturnum Cruiselines, and Communal Unity Movement are the three guilds right now. If you aren't in one of those hop in the discord linked in the op and ask for an invite.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ad by Khad posted:

TT and the uwu holdouts joined federation lmao

I'm quite certain that Church, the leader of fed, knows what he's doing here but Royllo goons please be aware

Me and many other atlas goons who know fed have been warning them profusely, they know a little bit about who TT is. But hey, now I'm telling you

Any chance you can convince them to give us our territory and bank back? We all want to work with these guys and other Covenant guilds going forward but if they're gonna gently caress us on this that's a pretty huge black mark and will cause loads of problems down the line.

I can't see other smaller guilds being willing to get in on working together as a faction when it becomes publicly known that FED hosed over the next biggest coalition on the faction for the sake of a pissbaby like TT and will probably do the same to them if the opportunity arises.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lol well so much for that, FED decided to gently caress us and I guess we're swapping factions to gently caress em back.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ad by Khad posted:

I don't really want to get involved in that fight. I have known Church for a long time but I do not know what his plan is, in this circumstance. I have some theories but it's really not my business to ask.

Do what's right for you, if you gotta. I'm not really in a position to ask them to do that.

edit: the best thing would be for *you guys* to talk to fed, and see if you can resolve things

We did, he basically said eat poo poo and maybe if we're helpful enough in the future they'd deign to allow us to take territory somewhere else.

They also invited TT to FED and made him an officer on the shared faction discord.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

There's a 120 day cooldown for switching, but you can do it immediately the first time. Also you can't switch to the faction that has the most territories currently, even if it's a tie, which is really dumb imo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Everything about this fuckin owns.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

I think I'm playing this game wrong.

I disagree, it sounds like you're playing it completely right. The only thing you're really missing out on is the main story quest which is required to do some things later on like get an azoth staff but otherwise you're living the good life.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lmao which one of you is Thicc Thottie and how the hell can you live with being that cringe? FED is a fuckin cult.

Holy moly I can't wait to be off this awful server.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 10, 2021

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Omg what happened

Just some goon in FED saying in faction chat how much we all suck, etc. because of Tempus, Church got all of his sycophants to write "we love poop boy" in faction chat. Just really weird stuff overall.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

thank you and please stop posting unsubstantiated lies in the future thanks :)

Why don't you ever decide to just go away to somewhere where people actually want you around?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mustache Ride posted:

But is it a "go outside you poopsocker" 24 hour ban, or a "daddy bezos is deleting your character" ban?

sounds like they start with the former but I imagine they escalate for further offenses.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:eyepop:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Wolfs, it sounds like you're winning this game extremely hard and I'm very happy for you.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GaylordButts posted:

Did New World get a j4g in here? Truly a god tier MMO.

Several j4gs, but for much older games.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

FileNotFound posted:

I think SWTOR is the only MMO that managed to have decent quests - not because the quests were any good as such - because yeah same fetch/kill quests - but they had a decent story tied to them.

ESO also came close with some story behind what you were supposedly doing.

NWO quests really fail to create the illusion that they are anything but generic time sink chores for xp.

There have been countless memorable quests in ESO and SWTOR - but so far at 33 in NW - there hasn't been a single quest that stood out in any way.

Runescape has better quests than any other MMO by a country mile. They're all pretty unique and many of them introduce weird game mechanics that don't show up anywhere else.

Downside is that they're nearly all solo and most of the interesting ones are completely instanced, and they don't really interact with the rest of the game besides unlocking new stuff. But they're absolutely fantastic otherwise and it boggles my mind that no other MMO has tried their hand at anything similar.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ad by Khad posted:

ok

the main shotcaller for royllo covenant makes his money selling

green wood

edit: no he doesnt bother to refine it

Please tell us more about Poop Man's financial successes.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Inject it directly into my veins

I sure wish there was somewhere this could get posted where other cov members could see it that wouldn't end up with him or one of his poop buddies banning you immediately

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm not going to read back to find a single post. Someone else will be taking over this thread shortly.

The royllo guild is waiting a week or so and then transferring to a different server so that'll need an update too, and another goon guild is supposedly moving to group up with then. So since that'll all need an update too, it's probably worth opening a new thread when that happens to start fresh and such.

Also I've got the feeling that this one is gonna get one more dumb drama blowup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Third World Reagan posted:

Almost every hour, I am getting a pop up letting me know my house taxes are due within 24 hours.

WE ARE TRYING TO REACH YOU CONCERNING YOUR HOUSE'S EXTENDED WARRAnty