Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

The Shortest Path posted:

New World, New Thread, New Life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

DropTheAnvil posted:

How bad is the grind after early-game? Is it just farming and doing the same thing over and over?

Pretty much. Crafting, leveling, etc are all pretty much gamed out and samey after the first 20 levels. It's an insane grind for even just level 100 in any of the crafting profs like weaponsmithing/armorsmithing/engineering. I got engineering up to 100 to make myself Starmetal tools and its.... uh, took a lot.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Aramoro posted:

I don't know if this is widely known but I just discovered it so thought I'd share. You get the same crafting skill no matter how many of an item you make at one time. So you can make 5 fishing rods for 200 skill or 1 fishing rod 5 times for 1000 skill. All the stations work like this.

emm... I'm pretty sure that if I make 1 fishing rod I would get 200 skill experience and if I make 5 fishing rod I would get 200x5=1000 skill experience

Am I reading this wrong