Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

We haven't even seen any proper in-game drama so far. Every couple hours someone in one of the east coast goon guilds on Royllo mentions the thread drama and people are like bwaaah theres drama??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/tPR5yW7.mp4

:yum:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Nalin posted:

Oof. Looks like TT is going to give the whole guild including all the territory and money to Federation Gold and leave all the goons out to dry.

imo there was not a good chance goons would be able to defend that territory tomorrow, some discord goons were even saying they would join the battle just to throw the fight. FED at least will probably be able to keep Brightwood yellow

(idk if you can even transfer a territory to another guild though? how does that work)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The combat feels pretty good and thats the most important thing. People went back to WoW for years because WAR/Rift/etc felt floaty in comparison

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The first dungeon of the game is bugging out right now: for a lot of players the dungeon will consume their orb but then fail to create the instance. Players who this happens to will be stuck in their groups until they log out. You need to finish the dungeon to progress the main quest so the fact that it's eating peoples orbs is a big deal, it'll be interesting to see how Amazon fixes this

(one group member needs to spend an orb to do a dungeon, the game usually gives you some for free when you finish a previous quest in the line but after that you need to craft them)

Even for the first dungeon the orb is pretty expensive to craft: you need 50 stone blocks (around 10c), 50 death, life and soul motes (about 225c), 10 corrupted slivers (cannot be traded, has to be collected as loot from portal closing events) and one Iron Chisel (100c and 500 faction tokens from a faction vendor). People are gonna be salty if they have to spend that just to do the first dungeon because a bug ate their orbs

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 5, 2021

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Looking at the bug thread it looks like the bug has existed since launch but just got really bad in the last 24 hours

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The Shortest Path posted:

Lol well so much for that, FED decided to gently caress us and I guess we're swapping factions to gently caress em back.

oh, what did they do?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Here's the biggest problem I have with a mass jump to purple:

They're the most popular faction by a good margin, it could suck being stuck in it for 120 days. I have no idea what the server numbers are on Royllo but it definitely feels like there are already more purple than anything else

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

yeah I got mining to 100 but star metal just isn't worth as much as iron. Its cool being able to hit those nodes (and get more gems 👀 ) but I dont think its worth the pain of grinding it out. IMO at least wait until 40 and star metal tools so everything goes faster

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Are there any good YouTubes or streams of people pvping at high levels with weird builds? All the ones I've seen are rapier/ice or hatchet/greataxe

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The steam update that went live a little while ago is apparently making EAC not trust the dll or something: https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgame/comments/q3mqbd/steameac_error_preventing_game_launch/

Maybe don't exit the client right now. Some people are fixing it by opting into/out of the steam client beta but that's not doing it for me

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kill All Cops posted:

Last night we had the syndicate blatantly exploit the handin bug to declare war on three territories under the space of an hour, luckily it seems the wars are spaced out quite evenly for them so they won't be under resourced in trying to field enough people.

afaik its not even a bug, there's just a big bonus for attacking a territory that hasn't been at war in a while, or for being the faction with fewer territories (syndicate only has two right now)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the numbers today might be weird weird because the Steam/EAC thing is locking a huge number of people out of the game, or at least it was a little while ago

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Its got some really rough spots (plot, music, enemy variety, quest variety) but its still the second best mmo in over a decade probably

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Phoix posted:

Level scaling in the open world has felt pretty okay to me. Anything +/- 15 usually feels pretty fair outside of people who are like 55+ and starting to make actual builds with actual gear.

It's really not bad at all. IMO the biggest problem for goons at the Ebonscale battle was that green's side was a mix from their best guilds - players who hit 60 a couple days ago, have been in some wars already and have been perfecting their builds since then. There was just a big gulf in actual pvp experience there, we aren't going to beat the sweatiest 50 players on green with goons alone right now

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I still show it pinned to the top of the general forum: https://forums.newworld.com/t/megathread-server-transfer-questions-megathread/354334/2

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

idk thats only like 15k coins worth of adderstone, you gotta pay me more than that if the price is a 24 hour ban + the confidence of my fellow man

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Diephoon posted:

Tanked my first Depths run today. Anyone got tips for the last two bosses? I ended up soloing a teleporter by myself on Archdeacon Azamela, it felt like it was inconsistent when we were allowed to go through the teleporters.

Thorpe was just a ton of punishing mechanics all at once, so I reckon you just need a whole team that is good at dodging and fast at DPSing the adds. I kept getting guard broken too, guess I just need to learn when to dodge and when to block?

Are you using a tower shield? It's easy to miss, but tower shields are a lot better for pure blocking like you need for Thorpe.

There might be a way to finesse it by dodging his attacks but I think just standing and blocking his stuff is the way to go. It's easier for your team to react to his other attacks if his position is stable. (In particular, his laser will always fire a little bit clockwise from his target, so if you can control that by having him fire it into a wall it's a big help)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think you actually only need to kill 100 boars for it

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think using weak potions in duels is (should be) fine since they're more or less free and it would be a poor approximation of actual pvp if you couldn't use them.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

CLAM DOWN posted:

Also this. Lol at not being able to mail items to people and have to meet in a town to trade manually.

The weird thing is, I'm pretty sure they don't have a mail system because they wanted to use fast travel restrictions to create local economies (like hemp being cheaper in windsward, rawhide being cheaper in cutlass keys etc), but then they made it so when you cancel an auction the items go into your inventory instantly no matter where in the world you are. Just give us mailboxes

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

eat food! it's cheap and lasts 20 minutes and it keeps you at 100% health by healing you for 1% every 2.5s

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

err posted:

Thanks, whats the reasoning for the warhammer?

a lot of the warhammer's utility comes from its stuns and knockdowns. A healer with a war hammer can still be really disruptive even with all their stat points in focus and constitution

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Third World Reagan posted:

I mean there is something here, in this game. But it isn't finished. It isn't complete. And it probably will never be complete.

my theory is this is just the training wheels for the AGS mmo team and the main event is a big IP like warhammer or star wars

or maybe the main event was that LotR mmo they cancelled a while ago

anyway, I think New World is way more popular than they were expecting it to be

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Sometimes a piece of loot will be highlighted with a flashing border when I loot a chest but it seems random, like its usually a grey item

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

fyallm posted:

Am I misunderstanding something.. Why do I see so much stuff on the auction house that is being sold at a loss for the person putting it up? For example all the mana potions that are being placed at 0.01 means they are paying to place it on the AH even if it sells they lose money

well you can't just throw it on the ground, that's wasteful

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I've seen some people say those legendary quests are good to do because they increase your weapon gearscore watermark, is that actually true or does it only go up from loot?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

BadLlama posted:

I Found an epic Engineer's Technic Manual but I cannot for the life of me find out how much these are worth. Anyone have any idea?

I would list it for 3 days at 5000 and halve that if it expires with no one buying it. There aren't any for sale on any trading post on Royllo and no one has listed the item it makes (Basic Engineering Crafting Trophy) either, but I don't think a lot of people are doing Engineering so I doubt its worth megabux

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Third World Reagan posted:

The defending citys owner can go and pick 9 people to come with. The other 40 are randomly selected from those who sign up.

The wild thing is, AGS included this but for some ungodly reason they gave the governor the ability to kick people from the group. So you still have the ruling guild trying to get a homogenous party of their own people (because invasions are hard, and also you get 600 coins for doing them) but now the way they have to do that is by kicking out other people who the game invited to the invasion. It's the worst way the mechanic could have been implemented, either the guild shouldn't be able to kick anyone or they should be able to just pick their own 50 from the start

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

BadLlama posted:

My hobo shack in weevers fen is on display because no one else has put anything in theirs lol

I think doing town board quests has a huge effect on whether you win the housing scoreboard: I got up to ~25k points in Brightwood while leveling, but since I stopped doing town board quests there my score has fallen to 2k. There's frequently someone with their house on display in busy towns who just has a luck trophy on a wall and nothing else:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

eonwe posted:

lol that one of the servers time travelled 30 days and everyone lost their poo poo

this happened on Royllo too, I got the 360 and 720 hour achievements instantly because I was online when time moved forward a month

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the end boss of invasions is pretty wild

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Tempora Mutantur posted:

everyone I know who's broke in game has basically used some feature of the game that, as best I can tell, exists solely to gently caress people out of money

One easy to way lose money is to leave out a decimal point when listing mats. At the default of 14 days if you accidentally list a stack of 1000 wood for 99c instead of 0.99c you just blew up 4000c. If you search for resources and sort by highest price you can see a lot of ill advised listings where the seller threw away a whole lot of currency

ouch

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

parasyte posted:

It might turn around if Outpost Rush gets enabled again as that generates decent gold, but lol that's been down for a week because it'd cause characters to get stuck inside when it ends.

they also disabled level 65 portal rewards a couple days ago shortly after turning them on, I think the biggest problem with gold in the endgame is that some of the biggest gold generators have been turned off

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ad by Khad posted:

what do you mean blacklist? you have three guilds, if you want a town go take one, there are plenty to choose from

you have plenty of people in the faction discord as well, you can ping there if you want help pushing a territory

edit: fed in particular would love to see you actually start pvping, if we had given you bw back you'd have lost it weeks ago

I don't know about CUM but only about half of GiP has been online in the last week. I don't think Royllo goons are taking anything on their own pre-merge, especially with the new Path of Exile league launching tomorrow. Calling Fed members Nazis in faction chat is the endgame for several goons

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Skyl3lazer posted:

e; Oh btw the other people saying poo poo in those screenshots were FED so have fun explaining that one away as well Ad.

no they aren't, Raijihn is in DOOMForce and Uncle Muscles is in Nerd Nation. You can check by opening the Social tab and searching for their name

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Its not really my business since I'm probably not going to play again for a while or ever with the new poe league coming out but I think antagonizing Fed really was pointless if you weren't just doing it for the lulz or whatever, they seem pretty good natured.

The diplomatic thing for them to do would have been to hand over Brightwood and then help defend it (they've been complaining lately about having to pay for three cities, it would have been an net win for them to have someone else managing Brightwood) but they really had zero reason to do that when A) a bunch of goons joined Fed after the blowup and they didn't know how many were left and B) you had goons calling them nazis and pedophiles in faction chat out of nowhere

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I've seen zero reason to believe they are either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

They should just add some gathering luck to the pvp flag bonus. Anyone slightly inclined to pvp would flag for a little gathering luck