Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title

Dead Like Rev posted:

Starfleet Dental is the best, you all should play with them.

Nah, they are west coast. For folks wanting to go east coast/Royllo server we’ll have a new discord set up for people hopefully soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

Biowarfare posted:

If I see an iron ore spawn, does that imply the same iron ore will respawn there after some time in the exact same position? Is there a way I can write down an x,y coordinate or know which x,y coordinate I'm at if so?

Yes, the spawn locations are static.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

CLAM DOWN posted:

Once you do, either post here or PM me and i'll put you in the OP right away

Appreciate that, likely the link will be provided by Anita Dickinme, myself or Wreckis/rc0n. Not sure when, but we’ll hit you up.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

CLAM DOWN posted:

Done.

Done!

You guys changing guilds over? Let me know what to update and when.

We’re working on that right now and will get you updates as soon as things settle down a little bit, but basically current guilds right now are:

Goons in Pantaloons led by Wreckis
Aeternam Cruiselines led by me (Quillz in game)
And the new guild created & led by Skyblazer this morning: Communal Unity Movement.

GiP is currently full, AC has about 65 slots and CUM is fresh so should have lots of space. As things shake out over the next few days we will consolidate as needed (likely AC -> CUM, we’ll see), but many folks (like myself) are at work so east coast folks please bear with us as we transition & join the new discord for updates/additional info as it develops.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Ok beaten multiple times but I just like that CUM is one of our new goon guilds and just wanted to type it out again because I’m a child.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

please knock Mom! posted:

The SA path of exile community went into exile to a new discord server specifically to dodge TT lol, where does the idea that nobody knew about his antics before today come from

I’ve been on SA for a long time, but I don’t typically hang out in this sub so you can’t expect people to know who the local idiots are for every subforum community.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

CLAM DOWN posted:

Okay so please confirm for me if this looks okay, I am very confused atm

East Coast Goon Conglomerate
Company Names: Communal Unity Movement & Goons in Pantaloons & Aeternam Cruiselines
Server: NA East -
Faction: Covenant
Discord/Invites: https://discord.gg/Yk5xAH68Hj

What's your server? Ryollo? Something like that?

Yes Royllo, Aeternum not Aeternam (I’m probably going to change it later in game to something else completely but good for now) :dance:

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh absolutely.

Fixed.

Okay, east coast added to OP! Thank you! Also, lol

Thanks and also lol, yes typical goon drama but I think the core officer crew for the 3 goon guilds will get things on course.

Haven’t seen this much fun/drama since I joined Elitist Jerks after they broke off from the main goon guild in WoW back in the day. This is way more insane though lol.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

Lladre posted:

Every time I turn the game on that server is locked for making any characters on it.

Does it ever get unlocked?

If it’s locked then you’d have to create a character on another server that’s open & available for new characters. Then, when they open up the free server transfers, you can transfer to Royllo. It’s a thing devs are doing atm to try to alleviate the queue wait times.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

CLAM DOWN posted:

*chef's kiss*

I know right? Literal chefs_kiss.jpg as a culmination of the drama in one picture.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

Derrio posted:

Does this work for servers in the same group? I'm assuming that's why they created them instead of sharding so that they could collapse servers in the same group when things get a little stale in a month.

From what I understand to be the case, yes. You’d have to check the dev post about it on their forums but I don’t remember them posting a lot of details aside from “free server transfers later”

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

So good haha.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

Ad by Khad posted:

yeah but i was warning Federation, they arent goons

they are however the biggest covenant group on their server, and good friends of mine from atlas

they kept the New World faith for a really goddamned long time, despite the delays, despite the bullshit, despite everyone around them saying new world would be a poo poo game, and now they were proven completely right and are having an awesome time and I applaud them for it

Skyblazer is in communication with Fed and they are tracking whats going on and our "reorganization" so our alliances shouldn't be too disrupted.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

Ort posted:

I mean, you can’t really blame people for not taking these “warnings” seriously at launch because you see the warning that the guy is a creep, check his rap sheet and the gravity of it doesn’t really add up so you dismiss it because you just want to play with goons on USEast. It’s taken a ton of “SA history 101” classes to truly see like holy poo poo this guy is a turd deluxe. But if you just popped into the BGC discord every now and then to chat about the game or just interacted with the guild through the game a couple hours a week when drama wasn’t happening, it would be pretty hard to know what was going on.

I’m glad to see him gone and that the goons can still stick together but all of these “we told you so” posts are kind of dumb and annoying.

Thank you for pointing this out, and yes this 100%. We are just trying to move forward now and just want people to have fun in this dumb video game with like minded individuals in a friendly environment.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

Deviant posted:

the baby throwing all the toys out of the pram is a type of reorganization, i suppose

I prefer the word coup but yes :dukedoge:

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

blueberrysmith posted:

is musket preferred over bow? been building towards a thrustmaster build (spear/bow) but if musket is the meta i'll give that a go

Lots of builds are viable (and bow is actually pretty good for many things), but musket is hitscan so is particularly good for headshoting dudes from the back line during Wars.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I love it when I open a crate to receive 7 iron arrows, it's great. Thanks, game.

That’s the best feeling, running around in elite level 60 areas and getting some iron bullets from a crate. Not even starmetal or orichalcum 🤦🏾‍♂️

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
The 2 East coast goon guilds are looking to link up on the same server in the coming weeks so that’s an option if you’re interested.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
The deets are in our announcements channel in the discord.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

Perfect 👌🏾

They also had a gold dupe bug in open beta (not sure if this is the same one) so I guess this is par for the course. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

a pale ghost posted:

Are there a wide variety of the weapon types (battle-axe, rapier, etc) or does each function the same?

Each weapon has their own set of skills/abilities you can pick if that’s what you’re asking yes.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

a pale ghost posted:

Oh I meant is it like Dark Souls where weapons in the same class (like all axes, all swords) have different move sets depending on some sort of factor like having different names for them

Weapons in the same class, like all swords for example, have the same basic move set (light/heavy attacks) but you can learn specific special attacks/moves in that weapons’ skill tree as you level it up of which you can have 3 active/available to use at any given time.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

CuddleCryptid posted:

Let me be clear, in the last week or so the economy has collapsed on multiple servers due to a duping bug, so they had to close transfers. People are recommending regular players don't log in today because they might be gifted more money than they could use in a year by a hacker. PvP is cancelled because you could move the game window around and become invincible. You have people changing factions and then intentionally losing wars for territory.

A server crashed and time traveled forward a month which blew up most of the map. Rollback is impossible.

If you don't want to be deeply invested in such a beautiful clusterfuvk then I can't even understand you

Pretty sure that this duping bug in particular only came about in the most recent patch that implemented server transfers a couple days ago so the economy crashing wasn’t a result of that.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

Ad by Khad posted:

i'll point out the irony of the faction chat propaganda machine doing its best to get people to care literally at the exact same moment feds, including church, were defending our ally windsward (while goons dont pvp or participate)

hurf blurf in the chat channel all you want, we are playing the game and doing our best too

:jerkbag:

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

Ad by Khad posted:

well good luck on your next server then. I took no joy in the way you got hosed over, I've been warning people about TT for years

Did you warn me beforehand? No? Ok. Some of us don’t live in this particular subforum 24/7 so stop with the “I told you so” as if the ~200 members of the 3 companies knew what they were getting into with TT because you informed “people”.

Ironic that you took no joy in what happened, but you seem awfully condescending and combative towards your fellow goons who are rightfully angry at Fed for absconding with a settlement we collectively ground out 100k to pay for. And at the end of it all, now you/they have the gall to infer “Well you guys likely wouldn’t have been able to defend it anyways, so it’s good we kept it :agesilaus:

:rolleyes:

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

Third World Reagan posted:

lol what is this

What are you asking exactly?

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

Ad by Khad posted:

he's been run out of threads outside mmo hmo too. the division 2 thread skewered him fuckin hilariously, it was an all-time classic, would recommend

I realized I just recognized his name from Goons in Platoons (where I usually hang out) and he’s a trolling piece of poo poo there too until he gets probated. Guess I have to check everyone’s rap sheet now in the year of our lord 2021.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

That Works posted:

East coast has been drama free after the split, just have some goons who jumped to the guild that TT went to and make noises itt about it. Day to day is chill, couple idiots got kicked along the way for saying idiot things as they should be.

Otherwise I think everyone is just chilling and waiting for the server transfer stuff to stabilize.

👆🏾