Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

orange juche posted:

So when you go to remove the stag anus glands, are you like just jamming a skinning knife up there or is it more like coring an apple or some other fruit?

I felt compelled to answer this: when you kill a deer you reach inside their anus and slice out their pee gland and yank it through their buttholes.

I've personally never done it, I've never killed a deer but I've had to sit through watching my dad do it way more times than healthy because "if you're going to eat it, you should know where it comes from" or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

NeurosisHead posted:

My grandpa taught me to field dress by cutting around the butthole, then up the belly outside of the fascia to dump the guts and avoid perforating the bladder or intestines. I don't have to reach up their butts even once

maybe my dad likes reaching up in there I dunno, I just remember him doing it

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Holy lmao, I've havent really been part of goon drama in a long time but this is fun to experience

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Hatchet was great because of lack of downtime but I couldn't get over how satisfying Warhammer was so I think I'll mix wh with ls.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

2DCAT posted:

Maybe it's because I haven't played an MMO in awhile, but I find the game to be rather fun. The grind, while as long as it ever was with other games, is more enjoyable to me as well. I've kind of abandoned the main and side quests about 10 levels ago to just go out and do whatever I wanted to do

yeah most of my leveling has just been running from one place to another chopping or mining everything in sight. It's probably why I'm not even 30 yet

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

orange juche posted:

Who in the hell is reporting people in this thread lol, thread slapfights are not reportable, show yourself villain!

Reports are the cowards path. Never stop posting.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Babe Magnet posted:

Nope, they confirmed that in the thread somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. I was hoping they meant that too initially lol

e:

You can't transfer regions at all, period. If you were one of the people who figured (or in some people's cases, told several times over twitter or discord by official community management members lol) you'd roll US West because US East has 8 hour queues and server transfers will eventually let you hang with your dudes, you're hosed

Seems like a very huge corporate decision. "Can we do something to drum up support for our game that costs almost nothing? Nah gently caress em we go their money already"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

MarcusSA posted:

As much as I enjoy the game I sure as poo poo wouldn’t re roll.

Same, I'm only 33 or something but the grind for gathering and crafting was only partially worth it for the eventual payoff just over the horizon.