Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Biowarfare posted:

If I see an iron ore spawn, does that imply the same iron ore will respawn there after some time in the exact same position? Is there a way I can write down an x,y coordinate or know which x,y coordinate I'm at if so?

Yeah they always spawn in the same locations, you can use this map rather than taking notes though. https://www.newworld-map.com/#/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

I've been running spear/hatchet, started out with Lifestaff instead of hatchet but found dropping healing puddles was getting boring, the heal on berserk and the cc from Spear has given me enough survivability that I don't miss the healing. Switched from light armor to medium, the medium dodge back works great with the spear heavy attack, heavy armor dodge didn't feel as good to use.

The rapier ice gauntlet, and war axe hammer combos sound awesome too, just want to focus on getting these two weapons up first.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I was kinda hoping for a clue around this.

I hate feeling like I've hosed up a build and I'm not even level 20.

You can level every weapon, their xp is independent from your character level. And as mentioned respecs are free early on and still relatively cheap later.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Ort posted:

I am saying that, to me, those environmental storytelling pieces are what I like and I don’t give a poo poo about cutscenes and character development 90% of the time I play. I am saying that, to me, I prefer the storytelling type that this game uses and I don’t give a gently caress about the window dressing on the lovely MMO quests every MMO has. Not sure why this is such a hard thing for people to understand but here we are.

I am not saying those other games are bad, I enjoy them. But the aspects of them that are not present in this game aren’t really important to me. I am enjoying this game and trying to share a positive perspective in the thread so someone reading maybe doesn’t think everyone who plays it doesn’t like it.

FWIW I agree completely, story is the least important aspect of an MMO to me, so doing the same basic repetitive tasks in New World isn't really bothering me, its essentially the same as running dailies in other mmos. As long as the moment to moment gameplay is enjoyable it doesn't feel grindy to me, I killed Tequatl 100s of times in Guild Wars 2 and still enjoyed it cause the pushing of buttons was still fun, same here in New World. So far at least.