Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

The real crime here is a Trillion Dollar company made an MMO that had such incredible queue times that people were posting in the MMO HMO in larger quantities than normal instead of playing the game. Yall needed to play this side game of scorched earth to take the edge off.

I haven't picked up the game yet but if it survives a month without mass emailing all the players about exclusive items for amazon prime subscribers and fixes the whole get in line a day prior to play the game the next day I might give it a shot.

Now excuse me I have to go back to playing my Epic Seven gacha game because I am a connoisseur of self inflicted pain.

Yall have a good night. May your Amazon MMO gaming experiences be filled with same day drone delivery and replace poopin in socks to pissin in bottles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

the panacea posted:

This is clearly all your fault. I remember you did a fine job when I played this puzzle funcom trahsfire

It is. The very game TT J4G was The Secret World which was the first and last time I ever considered hearding goons. I felt like I had to be here when the old boy finally got put down.

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

Do you just want to be a purple prime pirate, but not be emailed about it?

https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/newworld?ref_=SM_NWS01_P1_ZDP

It was a joke I made in passing but a part of me knew it would be true. God loving damnit. They even marketed it so the cosmetics come out over time to ensure you keep your prime sub. Brutal marketing. At least when they start doing the ARG they can ship the clues to all of you without much issue. And by ship I mean an amazon delivery driver glues a Spanish Conquistador's treasure map piece to your front door and punted your box of knick nacks into your bushes.

totalnewbie posted:

Other than derrwhatever, who else?

Hold on. I am gonna stick around for this dude to die on this hill. loving yes.
:sickos:

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Oct 4, 2021

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

totalnewbie posted:

I just want to know who else I should avoid.

Ill tell you after you show me your tattoos.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Anita Dickinme posted:

Would have been nice, yeah. The funny thing is I knew who Badr was but no loving idea who Tempus. I can’t really remember how I knew Badr because it’s been so long but I just remember him being a god awful J4G.

I mean really. The one thing about TT as Badr was how unforgettable his brand of posting was. I am sorry to all the folks who think some brigand came in and torpedoed the first week of your line waiting game but you have to know this guy had an intervention coming his way and its probably for the best it happened as soon as it did in the launch cycle of this MMO as opposed to the hands down guaranteed later part when you guys are in the swing of things having a good time and homeboy sneaks some rancid dead fish right into your beds. Later you leave the game with only memories of psychopathic goons groomin kids but the guild leader is a friend and doesn't want to kick em or people legit saying "You only found one nazi, If you show me [goalpost number] I'll think about maybe we have to leave" as the man parks a forklift right next to that statement ready to move it farther back.

Now we get at least another days worth of funny flameouts to read during a queue and you can go an create a prone firing line inside a literal fireplace and blast a dude and post the clip for good memories.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

totalnewbie posted:

To clarify? Backpedal? Whatever you want to call it, after some talk in another discord -

I've known for some time that "TT" (whoever that was at the time) was lovely. Apparently, a lot of other people knew too, but also apparently a lot of people also didn't connect the dots, because of not realizing TT = tempwhatever = Badr.

To me, it seems that if ~whoever~ (and it just so happens to be TT) was leading the charge for USEast New World goons was good enough for almost two years then what happened to cause all this (even though I vehemently disagree with lumbering troll/tt's attitude towards that sort of thing let alone the use of that word in particular) by itself really does not seem like enough to implode what a hundred or two people have been working on. It's clear that with TT as leader of the company that owns BW, changing discords/companies will have repercussions for everyone in the game unless he (should, but will is a much different story) passes ownership to someone not lovely (i.e. not part of his core group).

Given how quickly things went from "this happened" to "new discord, now" (which I thought happened in literally hours but was a day and a half), and how it clearly seemed that everyone knew exactly who and what he was, it seemed ridiculous that NOW everything needed to change, instead of in the nearly two years since he posted the beta thread. But going back to my first statement, apparently it wasn't quite as clear as it seemed until now.

In addition, it again seemed to me that everyone already knew what was up with TT (which, again, is apparently not the case) but it all happened off-site. As the rules say, things that happen off-site remain off-site and I feel that removing the discord link violated that rule. But the rules also say that this is not without limits (a good thing). So if everyone already knew everything and just now decided "yeah, it was fine for 2 years but now a week after launch we're just going to decide it's not," especially with that rule in place, that it was arbitrary selective enforcement because someone kicked up some stink. But again that's apparently not the case, which is more that "yeah, it was fine for 2 years because nobody quite knew what was up but now that they do, it's not okay" which is a very different situation.

I also did not have any even eye-brow raising moments in the week I spent in voice comms with everyone on the server so hearing it being described as a "nazi server" seemed deliberately hyperbolic without any shred of evidence. (I strongly disagree with the language that was used in this case but I don't think it rises to the level of "nazi-like" but that's just me.) So it also seemed like an unfair punishment for those players just because of one person, regardless of that person's position. But, my sample size was only a week and I've certainly been friendly with people for a while in the past only to have them turn out.. poorly.

At the end of the day, I'm not sorry to leave TT and/or those sorts of people behind. Despite what you may have thought or it may have seemed, it was not a personal defense of TT, who can gently caress right off.

There it is. Glad I stayed up for this.

:sickos:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

The old world is dead, and the New World struggles to be born. Now is the time of monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

The policy is and will remain "I don't want to hear about poo poo that happens in discord". He was banned for his actions here on the forums, namely, recruiting for discords that then go on to cause drama and dumb arguments. If he hadn't been using this site to recruit for his discord, we wouldn't have acted at all. Please, if someone is harassing you on discord, tell the discord mods. If they won't moderate their discord, leave it, I'm begging you. It's not surprising that you've noticed that unmoderated goon discords are really bad, they are really bad, but you should act on that by leaving them rather than outsourcing the moderation to the volunteer staff of this website. We aren't punishing people for bad posts in #splatoongoons on synirc or on bread and roses or any other offsite. The guy is banned but that's no excuse to start talking poo poo about his family and compiling dossiers of his discord messages.

My first cut attempt at a policy would be like "Recruiting people for discords on SA is a limited right that can be taken away at any time. Nobody outside your discord circle wants to hear about your discord drama, so don't bring it to SA. We'd rather ban you from mentioning discord at all than moderate your server for you. Our volunteer staff does enough work moderating this website and does not have time to try and moderate your offsite. Unless something is so extreme that it clearly merits a permaban, we don't want to hear about it."

This has been my point the entire time. I disliked the dude for his behavior outside of SA in MMOs and only his cringe bullshit would appear in threads. He never actually breaks forum rules in SA which is why he lasted as long as he did. Years of him creating MMO threads and recruiting for offsite guild forums isolated a majority of his poo poo from the gaze of the wider goon mmo community. Most may think this came out of nowhere but it just so happened that over the course of a day many goons from many different mmo communities over the years finally met in a single thread and talked about it.

So yeah don't police the offsite bullshit but this guy was a special case where MMOs most of the time require the use of third party chat and voice channels to function as a group so badr/TT was allowed to grift for power unchecked for a very long time. Every time he was caught, attacked and kicked there would be a gap in time and a new community to move to with the new hotness coming out. New people unaware of the old people. Old people aware but silent in the new mmo because to attack the throne requires more ammo than "he is just a cringe shithead and terrible leader".

As for all the more damming stories about him coming to surface I can't speak to those because I only knew him as Badr and he tried to make TSW Illuminati goon Tshirts and demanded cabal admin as J4G so I kicked him. He has been annoying to watch ever since and I won't join a group he is thirsting over. Turns out. I wasn't the only one and honestly given SA rules and policy I thought he was untouchable and just something we all had to suffer forever.