Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
So, TT aside, there are still a bunch of people who play and use that discord. Pretty lovely to just remove it because of TT. If people don't want to play with him 1000% fine, but at the end of the day, there's a bunch of people who use the discord (for better or for worse) and play NW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

It's not a loving TT fan club.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

shut up deviant

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

orange juche posted:

The discord is literally run by TT, another discord will be posted in the OP as soon as it is set up. Join it, or don't. Up to you.

So loving what. It's still over a hundred people who are not TT who use the discord server even if you don't like the person who runs it.

Martout posted:

It was actually extremely easy to leave that discord and I suspect it will be extremely easy to join the new one when it's set up. Like I'm not a genius by any stretch and I pulled it off!

I don't actually care who or what discord server I'm using as it has zero bearing on the people I play with who, so far, have not exhibited any of the behavior that's been talked about.

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Oct 4, 2021

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

The Shortest Path posted:

It literally is a discord that he made for the purpose of playing games with his nazi buddies and drawing SA users in to be in charge of to feed his ego.

Other than derrwhatever, who else?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Martman posted:

This is somehow managing to be the dumbest take in this whole situation. How can someone whine so much about the possibility of people having to... click a different button.

Put both discords in the op, I don't care.

Ad by Khad posted:

I don't think anyone is stopping you from continuing to use the nazi discord if thats what you want? Go with your heart?

For being a "nazi server" there sure are a lack of people being racist, sexist, anti-semitic, or whatever.

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Oct 4, 2021

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Ad by Khad posted:

why would a banned user who got banned specifically for discord bullshit, and who is never allowed to mention discord again on SA (according to his rap sheet), get his discord listed in the op?

Kaysette posted:

I’m personally enjoying this goon mmo drama but I do have to do my job and ask that you all leave the discord poop on discord. I can’t action on anything here based on screenshots from other platforms. If you’re in a group that’s slurring it up like goonswarm circa 2010, find a new guild ASAP.

So which is it, was he banned for things that occurred on other platforms or for his poo poo post?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Drinkfist posted:

Hold on. I am gonna stick around for this dude to die on this hill. loving yes.
:sickos:

I just want to know who else I should avoid.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
You all keep talking about tt getting his nazi friends together to play and I'd just like to see some evidence of these people being nazis and so far, I haven't seen it so :confused:

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
To clarify? Backpedal? Whatever you want to call it, after some talk in another discord -

I've known for some time that "TT" (whoever that was at the time) was lovely. Apparently, a lot of other people knew too, but also apparently a lot of people also didn't connect the dots, because of not realizing TT = tempwhatever = Badr.

To me, it seems that if ~whoever~ (and it just so happens to be TT) was leading the charge for USEast New World goons was good enough for almost two years then what happened to cause all this (even though I vehemently disagree with lumbering troll/tt's attitude towards that sort of thing let alone the use of that word in particular) by itself really does not seem like enough to implode what a hundred or two people have been working on. It's clear that with TT as leader of the company that owns BW, changing discords/companies will have repercussions for everyone in the game unless he (should, but will is a much different story) passes ownership to someone not lovely (i.e. not part of his core group).

Given how quickly things went from "this happened" to "new discord, now" (which I thought happened in literally hours but was a day and a half), and how it clearly seemed that everyone knew exactly who and what he was, it seemed ridiculous that NOW everything needed to change, instead of in the nearly two years since he posted the beta thread. But going back to my first statement, apparently it wasn't quite as clear as it seemed until now.

In addition, it again seemed to me that everyone already knew what was up with TT (which, again, is apparently not the case) but it all happened off-site. As the rules say, things that happen off-site remain off-site and I feel that removing the discord link violated that rule. But the rules also say that this is not without limits (a good thing). So if everyone already knew everything and just now decided "yeah, it was fine for 2 years but now a week after launch we're just going to decide it's not," especially with that rule in place, that it was arbitrary selective enforcement because someone kicked up some stink. But again that's apparently not the case, which is more that "yeah, it was fine for 2 years because nobody quite knew what was up but now that they do, it's not okay" which is a very different situation.

I also did not have any even eye-brow raising moments in the week I spent in voice comms with everyone on the server so hearing it being described as a "nazi server" seemed deliberately hyperbolic without any shred of evidence. (I strongly disagree with the language that was used in this case but I don't think it rises to the level of "nazi-like" but that's just me.) So it also seemed like an unfair punishment for those players just because of one person, regardless of that person's position. But, my sample size was only a week and I've certainly been friendly with people for a while in the past only to have them turn out.. poorly.

At the end of the day, I'm not sorry to leave TT and/or those sorts of people behind. Despite what you may have thought or it may have seemed, it was not a personal defense of TT, who can gently caress right off.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Anita Dickinme posted:

Don’t get me wrong I can see the reasoning behind it but with this mechanic the only thing saving a war from happening every day is the 48 hour timer for the war in which case a three or four time a week war instigated by two people would get stale as gently caress real quick. I’m definitely about having to do it twice a week for funsies because I even would like the excitement of “oh poo poo we may lose it this time let’s go hard baby!”.

I mean a big thing was I was thinking before launch that it’d happen a couple times a month and I’d take off work the next day because I’d have to stay up late for it since I have to be at work hours before a normal person wakes up. But to be fair that’s just me so I can’t fault a whole game or community for that.

It kind of depends on this "grace period" - if it's for a few days then that seems fairly reasonable. If you're actively defending your territory from being put into contested state, you can stave off war for a few days and so you only defend twice a week or something instead of every 2 days.

I think the ONLY reason this is okay is because 1) wars are limited to 30 minutes and 2) the controlling guild gets to set the time. So yeah, it sucks for people like you with "abnormal" schedules but it's a hell of a lot better than EVE alarm clock ops.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

also pay attention to what you are equipping because gear score is weird sometimes

Those items guarantee pure stats (e.g. dex for skinning) and the skinning luck affix. They're "unique" items so to speak. Hence, the weird gear score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
Some fish only show up in some regions (also fresh/salt water)

There's pictures floating around summarizing where to find which ones