Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ventral EggSac posted:

Bezos and William Shatner's vessel docks with a strange ship; William flirts with the aliens yadda yadda yadda they make love; Shatner comes back to the blue origin taking bout 'Jeff, you gotta go over there, it's great', they argue about it, the vessel leaves, night comes and they sleep... hours later, William Shatner, feverish, climbs into Bezos' sleepsack, rips open his abdomen, lays a clutch of eggs in his bladder; last transmission, screams are heard and creatures with too many legs can be seen in the background of a hazy picture of black-eyed william, weeping, saying something about being a mother... blue origin goes silent, power on engines full-blast, off to an unknown frontier

Shatner and Bezos should “dock” while they’re up there, if you know what I mean.

And then the ship should explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
imagine that gut, floating free in orbit, no longer constrained by gravity or girdle

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This thread title was clearly written to imply Shatner was dead. How dare you?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Bad Purchase posted:

Yeah, two people have died on a space mission so far:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission%3A_Space#Controversy

Can't even go for first heart failure in space.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
maybe he can get pinged by that glove thats traveling two time the speed of light

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

His heart is gonna explode in his chest like a hand grenade.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
William SHITner

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

billy shart

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

runnypoops posted:

William SHITner

have some loving respect

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
We keep sending all these rich assholes to space and not once will the shuttle explode. Very disheartening

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Boner M posted:

To Die Where No Man Has Died Before

Columbia crew beat Shatner by a few years.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Ginette Reno posted:

We keep sending all these rich assholes to space and not once will the shuttle explode. Very disheartening

they only explode when you put teachers on them

Tommy_Udo
Apr 16, 2017

Did I miss all the "docking" jokes?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Remember the Priceline commercial where William Shatner straight up fucks his daughter in a hotel?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

So close to launching garbage into the sun...

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I hate

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I couldn't finish the whole sentence. I'm sorry.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Murdstone posted:

This thread title was clearly written to imply Shatner was dead. How dare you?

Do something about it otherwise this is just more faux outrage.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
There is a lot of Shatner hate in this thread.

I wonder if Star Trek would still be such a cultural milestone if he wasn't involved. Trying to brainstorm other actors who could fit the role of Kirk. Adam West? Now that I think about it, Shatner would have been a perfect fit for 60's TV Batman.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Valko posted:

There is a lot of Shatner hate in this thread.

I wonder if Star Trek would still be such a cultural milestone if he wasn't involved. Trying to brainstorm other actors who could fit the role of Kirk. Adam West? Now that I think about it, Shatner would have been a perfect fit for 60's TV Batman.

Is Adam West the only other TV actor from the 60s you could think of and, even then, only because he was Batman? Which is fine. I'd be hard pressed to name another TV actor from the 60s myself. The guy who played Tom Brady? - Nope don't know his name. That's all the TV actors from the 60s that I can name that weren't on Star Trek or Batman.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Peter Falk

Ok, so you want to fire the torpedos because that's the Klingon way, that's fine, that's fine.
Ah, just one more thing....

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
[negative comment goes here]

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Could they have gotten Tom Baker?

An alternate timeline where the best Doctor is instead the ToS captain.

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
I didn't know we had rockets that could lift that much mass into orbit

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

At age 90 and after starring in tons of Star Trek movies. William Shatner is now going to the heavens and going to space thanks to some rich assholes spending too much money on a publicity stunt instead of housing all the homeless people around Amazon's home city, Seattle.

:capitalism:

I'm using my miraculous fortune telling powers rn and foresee that the rocket will either crash or explode (my crystal ball's a bit misty with the cum from my fingers).

Bezos will then be justifiably hated by many, and his space tourism business will take a dive. No sympathy, gently caress him and his plans to send the rich into space and leave the rest of us choking on their rocketship smog.

Remember, you heard it here first.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Regardless on how many TV sets one's undergone their rigorous spaceman training, if you want to strap a nonagenarian to a chunk of steel putting out 8 million pounds of thrust with an escape velocity of 10km/s, you should just make it a one-way trip to fulfill their last wishes.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Shatner and Bezos should “dock” while they’re up there, if you know what I mean.

And then the ship should explode.

As Americans of a certain age I presume they're both circumcised.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Weka posted:

As Americans of a certain age I presume they're both circumcised.
Well Shatner's Canadian, but he's also Jewish, so I'd say it's a pretty safe bet.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

yeah but he probably had his foreskin restored

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Canadians are Americans.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Bad Purchase posted:

Yeah, two people have died on a space mission so far:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission%3A_Space#Controversy

This thing made me feel incredibly nauseous for like an entire day. I would of made a poo poo astronaut.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

A 90 year old William Shatner puts on his LAPD uniform and hits the streets of East LA to take on the Latin Kings and MS 13.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Spreading the message of William Shatner's TekWar throughout the stars

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I am going to kill William Shatner

Also I am William Shartners heart ama

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I was going to make a thread about which billionaire was going to be the first to explode in space but I guess we've already got one...

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Szyznyk posted:

A 90 year old William Shatner puts on his LAPD uniform and hits the streets of East LA to take on the Latin Kings and MS 13.

I would watch that

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
No green babes in space, shitner

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Regardless on how many TV sets one's undergone their rigorous spaceman training, if you want to strap a nonagenarian to a chunk of steel putting out 8 million pounds of thrust with an escape velocity of 10km/s, you should just make it a one-way trip to fulfill their last wishes.

bo definitely doesn't have any rockets that can put out anywhere near 8m lbf of thrust and also none of them are capable of achieving escape velocity because they are pathetic sounding rockets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The best part of William Shatter was his becoming aware of Red Letter Media, instinctively sussing out which of the three main guys worshiped him, and then calling that guy a loving loser.