Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just saving you time. It's not good. To be fair, it is often entertaining, but it's a bad show.

And at the end the main dude decides to go all vigilante on the billionaires rather than fly to america to see his daughter. It's incredibly stupid and obviously done in the hopes they can get a sequel. It shows a lack of artistic integrity.

So remember, the main dude wins. Then decides that rather than moving on with his life and poo poo that the best thing he can do is be a vigilante or something. This is after he refuses to kill anyone and basically pussy's his way to a win.

It's a bad show. You probably already know this but might be getting curious. So trust me and don't watch it. You will be annoyed at the end because of how stupid and invalidating the ending is.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Oct 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
good news op. I cancelled Netflix last month so you don't gotta worry about me

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
but other people are saying "watch squid game" and well, at this point i'm just confused

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
just watch half of squid game

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Not liking popular things is my entire personality and people love talking to me about how not liking things they like makes me smarter than them

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Alright, I won't. You haven't steered me wrong yet and I'm not about to shun your advice about whatever the gently caress that is now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ELTON JOHN posted:

but other people are saying "watch squid game" and well, at this point i'm just confused

Well, as George Carlin said “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Don't watch it because most media from Japan is aimed at incels.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Just go and make your own squid game. Everyone has at least 3 squids around the house so should be ez peazy

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
watch Oates Studios instead

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Yaldabaoth posted:

Don't watch it because most media from Japan is aimed at incels.

squid game is korean

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Waltzing Along posted:

Well, as George Carlin said “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

This seems like a good explanation for what the main character does in the ending though

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

i stopped watching it after a couple of episodes because it's clearly one of those shows where they want to use deaths to get an emotional response but aren't willing to get people invested in them enough to care, and aren't going to kill the main character

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

ELTON JOHN posted:

squid game is korean

That's even worse. They take bad American foods and find ways to make 10x as disgusting and then call it "Korean street food". Like what if a cheeseburger except the bun was cheese and the whole thing was deep fried in beef tallow. Disgusting!

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I'm 100% certain some coked up dipshit netflix producer said "hey you gotta have one gently caress scene and you gotta set up a sequel." The ending is really dumb.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
No poo poo, it's another asian battle royale/death game show. I could smell its laziness from a mile away.

I told my friend who was vouching for it that I'll watch it if he watches Centaurworld (an actually good show) but he's too much of a coward.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
yeah! that's it! that's IT OP! let the people know that the things they like are actually bad! that's what I do too and people tend to appreciate it and they also think I must be a lot smarter than them and also have excellent taste.

edit: what's Centaurworld, it sounds cool

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That's even worse. They take bad American foods and find ways to make 10x as disgusting and then call it "Korean street food". Like what if a cheeseburger except the bun was cheese and the whole thing was deep fried in beef tallow. Disgusting!

South koreans have a bad habit of taking a lot of aspects of american culture and amping them up as a sort of gently caress YOU to the north koreans.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i'm glad people are allowed to say what we all thinking: foreigners are so weird!

Yaldabaoth posted:

South koreans have a bad habit of taking a lot of aspects of american culture and amping them up as a sort of gently caress YOU to the north koreans.

They are so KOREAN about everything

i'm like, chill out guys

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Yaldabaoth posted:

it's a great habit and I'm all for it

sometimes i put on Korean baseball before work in the morning

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

edit: what's Centaurworld, it sounds cool

A very strange cartoon that Netflix put out about a month ago. The first couple episodes aren't so great, but the show really ramps up and has some amazing musical numbers. Episode 7 is one of the greatest things I've ever watched.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Centaurworld is weird and i dont know if i like it yet (3 eps in)

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL
squid game rocks and going back on your hands and knees to your bitch wife with your $100,000,000 instead of declaring war on the economic system that traumatized you is a lame ending only a goon could dream of

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
You people with your squid girls and squid boys, in my day it was all about Battle Royale damnit.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

quote:

Don't watch Squid Game

how about you DON'T tell me what to do

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

i don't really like adult cartoons or musicals very much but thanks for the rec anyhow

i also don't usually care about the endings of things too much as long as I had a good time getting there. Except Game of Thrones and Lost and Breaking Bad.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

My friend who is an idiot was telling me to watch this movie becuase its really good and now you're telling me its a tv show? It must be really great then if this moron has no idea what the hell hes watching in the first place

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That centaurwhatever is some poo poo for bronies isn't it? No thanks

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Its tyool 2021 we dont discriminate against bronies or furries anymore

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

dr.acula posted:

Its tyool 2021 we dont discriminate against bronies or furries anymore

Why not?

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Bronies and furries are our allies in the fight against the fascists and churchpeople.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I'm just so tired of all these Squid Games

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Bronies are the fascists though aren't they? You got your codexi mixed up

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

That centaurwhatever is some poo poo for bronies isn't it? No thanks

Anything that features horse-themed mythical creatures is 99% trying to pander to bronies. The only exception I can think of is Bojack Horseman.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Devils Affricate posted:

Centaurworld (an actually good show)

i’ve got some bad news for you

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I was about to reply that I really don't think Centaurworld is or even can be a sex thing for anyone, but then I remembered how things are

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Colonel Cancer posted:

Bronies are the fascists though aren't they? You got your codexi mixed up

who fuckin knows anymore dude

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
watch squid; skip game

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Buttchocks posted:

watch squid; skip game

like 2 see u try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

what if they made Crab Game