Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao Was that real? Anyone remember?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The era was... the classic YCS era. Was it RE6?? Dude this was eating at me today all day. There's no way they did that. It must of been some joke thread.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RE5 has you fight basically African tribal savages and there was a big hubbub about it being racist when it came out.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*clears throat at the podium in the senate* It... uh, occurs to me, now, that I could have asked this in the "The 'That Did/Didn't Happen' Thread" thread.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z-b-1LQ1sI

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh no.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

dead islands also the series that had the bloody torso special edition and theyve been working on "dead island 2" for like 12 years or some poo poo

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

dead islands also the series that had the bloody torso special edition and theyve been working on "dead island 2" for like 12 years or some poo poo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oy, nothing wrong wif a li’l torsy-worsy in me collecties (British slang for collector’s edition)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

lmao I think I played it actually and it felt like one of the cheapest turds ever squeezed out.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

IIRC the head bob in that game is so severe you feel like elephant man lol.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

maybe you're thinking of this?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Wormskull posted:

IIRC the head bob in that game is so severe you feel like elephant man lol.

I read head bob as "head of the bobs" as in a leader of Bobs if you will. I think I should go to bed.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Plebian Parasite posted:

maybe you're thinking of this?

lol gently caress

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Pablo Nergigante posted:

RE5 has you fight basically African tribal savages and there was a big hubbub about it being racist when it came out.

If by 'big hubub' you mean 1 or two handwringing blog posts.

The sequence where Chris uses a firehose to keep the zombies at bay was maybe a poor choice of optics, but the studio is japanese

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Kongming posted:

I read head bob as "head of the bobs" as in a leader of Bobs if you will. I think I should go to bed.

The fabled Bob Numero Uno...

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Wormskull posted:

lmfao Was that real? Anyone remember?

Wormskull posted:

The era was... the classic YCS era. Was it RE6?? Dude this was eating at me today all day. There's no way they did that. It must of been some joke thread.
wait, poo poo, this sounds familiar
I used to lurk back in those days

it was like, somebody heard zombies originated from haiti, but didn't really understand what that meant, so they just put romero or 28 days later zombies in haiti to "bring the zombie genre back to its roots", and it looked like they just ended up with a game about beating crazed violent haitians with pipes and poo poo, right?

there wasn't really a media frenzy like there was for resident evil, it was like a mid-shelf or budget game with decent graphics, and it might not have even come out, but there was a trailer or it was demo'd at PAX or something
maybe it was a phone game?
poo poo this is gonna bug the crap out of me

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I might just be thinking of dead island

but I feel like I remember dead island pretty well?
dead island was the game that had that cool backwards cinematic trailer and then the game actually came out and everybody got really bummed out because it sucked

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My friend was complaining about the people who made a big deal out of all that stuff and I sat down to watch him play the game for a bit, and there was an immediate scene of some normal looking Africans going insane at the sight of a white blonde woman who they chase down and turn into a monster lmao

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

My friend was complaining about the people who made a big deal out of all that stuff and I sat down to watch him play the game for a bit, and there was an immediate scene of some normal looking Africans going insane at the sight of a white blonde woman who they chase down and turn into a monster lmao

capcom responded to the controversy by putting in some guys who look like saddam hussein here and there. kept the levels where you blap dozens of grass skirt wearing african dudes though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lmfao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Japanese people can never hope to he as racist as us Americans or lord United Kingdom goblins, bit they are as at least as racist as the average aussie or white south African. And hell thats crumping bays frfr as us cool boomer gamers say

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Japanese people can never hope to he as racist as us Americans or lord United Kingdom goblins, bit they are as at least as racist as the average aussie or white south African. And hell thats crumping bays frfr as us cool boomer gamers say

This but with less typos.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
iirc they made 1 in every 30 zombies not black to counter act the criticism. and it worked

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

No cap.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Fucker posted:

iirc they made 1 in every 30 zombies not black to counter act the criticism. and it worked

they also added an explanatory note to the part where the tribal guys bark like dogs and chuck spears at you that says that the virus is making them "revert to their primal state" even though that never happens anywhere else in the series or even in the same game lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Hey.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

they also added an explanatory note to the part where the tribal guys bark like dogs and chuck spears at you that says that the virus is making them "revert to their primal state" even though that never happens anywhere else in the series or even in the same game lol

I also remember one of the devs or artists in an interview saying they went on-location to Africa so they could do principal photography and portray it accurately. He also couldn't remember the name of the country they went to lol

je1 healthcare fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 9, 2021

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The cutscene that establishes the new virus in RE5 is when a blonde white woman gets abducted by a group of black men and forcibly infected. She's one of like five white enemies in the entire game

Actually I was combining two cutscenes in my memory and the forced infection is on another black character

Agreed and I have seen plenty of racist poo poo in Ubisoft games too

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 6, 2021

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The cutscene that establishes the new virus in RE5 is when a blonde white woman gets abducted by a group of black men and forcibly infected. She's one of like five white enemies in the entire game

Actually I was combining two cutscenes in my memory and the forced infection is on another black character

Agreed and I have seen plenty of racist poo poo in Ubisoft games too

Oh hell yeah, I play lots of ubisoft games as well

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

Lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

racism kicks rear end

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
op are you thinking of the plot twist in uncharted 1 with the mutant Caribbean dudes

https://uncharted.fandom.com/wiki/Descendants

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
The blonde in re5 is none other than Jill Valentine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

racism kicks rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqETyU9k0lM