Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Tarkus posted:

Do ads even work on people anymore? The only ad I think might work on me would be reviews on youtube. If the youtube seems honest and fair, I'll consider purchasing what they're reviewing.

Good ads are explicitly designed to influence you without you consciously realizing it. All ads whether they're good or not these days exist primarily to inform you that a product exists, not necessarily to influence your purchase. We live in an era where we are buried beneath mountains of product options and without advertising it's very unlikely that anyone will even take notice of your product in the first place. But there are also large demographics of people who will willingly allow ads to influence their purchases yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

My personal equivalent of nails on a chalkboard is people buying something and saying something like "Yeah I kept seeing their commercials and it got me thinking, so I figured, why not?"