Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Well it suggests that if you're itchy all the time and into motorcycles you have a very deep desire to see some justice in this world because god knows you ain't seen none of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
For a non-comedy answer there are two concepts that really scare me and those are time and marketing/advertising.

Both of those things reduce me to nothing. Time is worse because it's beyond us and it is regardless of anything we may feel or think about it, but we invented marketing. Why would we do that to ourselves?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

syntaxfunction posted:

I just keep getting advertised home improvement stores, power tools and Subarus. I don't get it.

That just means you've spent about 30 years in hell and the algorithm thinks that this is what will torment you the most.

In 100 trillion years it'll be sending you adverts about how even black holes are starting to evaporate and soon everything will be nothing but you'll still be and you experience nothing, forever.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

teen witch posted:

Whenever I searched for plus size fashion, I usually get wild rear end “FAT BURN JUST EAT RAW CELERY AND IDK ONE POTATO EVERY FORTNIGHT AND YOULL LOOK SEXY AND EMACIATED” adverts

Don’t ask how it goes for when I try and find nice supportive things for ED.

Like I get that making you feel like poo poo is the point but come on now, get a little creative

drat girl, that sounds some wack rear end marketing from some strait rear end bitches. But you know what? I got that support for that fat rear end that makes you the woman you are.

Be whatever size or shape you are because you are

Powerful

Real

Woman

At clothesforfatpeople.com

We got you, girl.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

teen witch posted:

god please don’t

marketing to fat women sucks rear end already. I just want “see these clothes for smaller bodies? We have them in bigger bodies.”

I don’t need a thousand euphemisms for fat. let me just dress like a weird occult skank without the term “voluptuous” or “curvy” anywhere near it. go away. don’t make me turn the hose on.

E: I will fully redact this if fat men get the weird pandering wording. Gimme curvy men.

The word voluptuous sounds like something you expel from an orifice

Girl, I get it. Lol we get it. You're sick of seeing ads for "fat girls" or whatever. But we're not about that, girl, we're about empowerment and making the most of what you can be

'I'm a lawyer, lol!"

"I'm a doctor, lmao!"

"me? I'm a mom, rotflmao"

"We? We're women. And we're overweight. lmfao"

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

teen witch posted:

god I work with marketing adjacent and I’m feeling the layers of skin detaching from my flesh. Where is the soft, tonal acoustic music and warm bokeh effects???

Girl you're strong, and free and ha ha ha ha ha just winding down the road and ha ha ha jeans and a jacket and you're feeling cold but ha ha ha ha we don't sell a a jacket warm because it would make our models look fat and ha ha ha look how these people look you don't look like that but you could for $5000 dollars ahha ha ha ha ha

$5000 dolllars!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I can't even really channel marketing directed at men because it's all so horrifying and real that I can't truly inhabit that character because I'd have to kill myself after because it's at once so true and as many times a lie that I can't accept it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

teen witch posted:

Eating disorder

Ha ha ahahaha ahhh ED? Oh you weak worthless weak piece of poo poo with an eating disorder? Why are you so wrong when you could eat so right? Do you even see how happy these people are, you miserable piece of poo poo, you worthless lump of nothing, gently caress you, can't you see how happy they are? And they just, all they did, was have enough to pay for, to be, had enough to be you worthless...

I hate you!

But I'd love you if you bought this. I'd love you. I'd love you so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

You Are A Elf posted:

All I ever seem to get are ads for Geico and Liberty Mutual insurance. I’ve never inquired about insurance since the Internet blew up and have been with the same company for twenty years.

LIBERTY! LIBERTY! LIIIBEEERTYYY! LIIIIIIIIBEEEEERRRRRTTYYYY!! :suicide:

Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha YES!

Ye-hessss!

Freeee you and i are free so rich forever.

Free1 Ahhh freeeee!!

FReeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee1! Me!@ I am I am I am I am iam iazmai kiiamsiaimaiamaimaiamaiakiimamk I cANT STOP sell mne sell me i want i want it wanti wananitanwitmnaitiwnaitqwnwait tgive it to me i wan it5 it to me i want it i want5 give me give me givme fgivem giveme givtit tgivvit plerase please please pleae i need it please im alone pleae i need itp lwane please free i m plase alone free give me givem givm please please i just wan place i want plase im so scareed mplease give me im so scared plaser give me give mgive givem giveme gime memememememememememememeemem i hate it stop stop stop stop

Excuse me some kind of monster inside me was trying to say something. Nonsense. Ignore it. So you say this product can help me? Save me? Stop me from being what I am? I'm interested. Save me, please?