Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I mean if you want a parody of death game media, check out World's End Club, where the death game gets abruptly canceled before anyone can die.

...or at least that's what I think it was about? I only saw the trailers, and that was the impression I got.

This game is good. I finished it on my own time. I'll keep my mouth shut otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Aether #1, Beth #2 is my vote.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm with Rith on this, I understand why people don't like ZTD but I, for one, loved it the whole way through

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
This was the moment I went from just thinking Ink was pretty good as a protagonist to loving him.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Recalling my thoughts roughly when I was around this point, my main wonder was Sean felt kind of off, although I had no concrete evidence other than gut feelings and vague 'douchebag' vibes of his messages.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Rae at 1, Liza at 2.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
:allears:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

girl dick energy posted:

God, I love this game. :allears:

As Anakin once said, "This is where the fun begins."

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Leraika posted:

Sean strikes me as the sort of person who's cruised through life on being intelligent and charming and white and male; it seems entirely plausible to me that the idea of someone actually being mad at him is a foreign one.

I know I said I had already played the game but this was never confirmed nor denied, its just a personal reading on Sean: I always just clocked him as a straight sociopath.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
edit: update on previous page

During the wait for the last set of episodes to drop, I hung out in the dev team's Discord for a bit, up until this episode dropped. When it did, the main developer did a Q&A on an Exit/Corners subreddit, and I asked a question there.

quote:

Me: It felt when Nolan was answering questions to Ink about the game and CORNERS, that it was you talking about making the game, in a way. Was that intentional ("This isn't the first 'death game' as you put it" is a way of acknowledging Zero Escape's influence on this, talking about subcontracting menial parts... like art, etc.)?

Them: I was definitely speaking through Nolan a little bit at the end there, but the two things you pointed out aren't necessarily what you imagine them to be. Though Zero Escape was a huge influence, my reference to other death games was strictly related to the Exit/Corners universe and not a reference to other works of any kind. And about the subcontracting, that's more of a hand wave to make it a bit more believable that CORNERS was built by (mostly) three people. I actually really enjoyed working with my artists and composers and wouldn't consider those tasks menial in the slightest.

I hung out in the Discord a bit longer, saw some of the dev posts about their second new game (you're a psychic detective lady who's investigating a murder and uses seances to push people in specific ways, I think?) but I dropped out just due to the fact that I wasn't really talking much with anyone.

Anyway, this is a remarkably solid, cool little game, and a fantastic first showing for a dev. Take that break, you've earned it, and I can't wait to see the alternate scenes and stuff.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I think Rae's ending was the one I managed to get on my final playthrough? Not sure, though, my memories are blurry AF.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Whatever ending I got my first go through it was definitely not this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Same here. It's also good to see the 'best ending' for the first proper time.