Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Some crazy poo poo coming out this morning, not clear on if it includes user passwords or not... But the entirety of Twitch has been hacked. Including the source code, entire comment history, and payment information for streamers... Probably a major deal for the Twitch users...

Pretty crazy being owned by Amazon and not being able to secure their website and keep hackers out of it...

quote:

https://9to5mac.com/2021/10/06/twitch-tv-was-hacked/

Twitch.tv got leaked. Like, the entire website; Source code with comments for the website and various console/phone versions, references to an unreleased steam competitor, payouts, encrypted passwords that kinda thing.

The user posted a 125GB torrent link to 4chan on Wednesday […]

One anonymous company source told VGC that the leaked data is legitimate, including the source code for the Amazon-owned streaming platform.

Internally, Twitch is aware of the breach, the source said, and it’s believed that the data was obtained as recently as Monday. We’ve requested comment from Twitch and will update this story when it replies.

Ironically, the leaked data is said to include internal penetration-testing tools.

The entirety of Twitch’s source code with comment history “going back to its early beginnings”
Creator payout reports from 2019
Mobile, desktop and console Twitch clients
Proprietary SDKs and internal AWS services used by Twitch
“Every other property that Twitch owns” including IGDB and CurseForge
An unreleased Steam competitor, codenamed Vapor, from Amazon Game Studios
Twitch internal ‘red teaming’ tools (designed to improve security by having staff pretend to be hackers)
(oops? :lol:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

aw man what

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Oh well

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

wow this must be very exciting news to the sort of person who cares about unreleased steam alternatives for their gaming and hottub stream needs

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

also statistically nearly every plaintext and plaintext/number combo password in english is now considered "compromised" lmao

even ones that havent been used yet!!!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
take that nerds

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Seems like all that would be way more than 125GB

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

kntfkr posted:

take that nerds

More like "Take that THOTs" because the people who hate Twitch enough to do this are incels who are bitter and angry that female streamers are very successful on that platform, which is probably why Bezos didn't bother to secure it properly because a lot of CEOs agree with the poo poo incels believe.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Yaldabaoth posted:

More like "Take that THOTs" because the people who hate Twitch enough to do this are incels who are bitter and angry that female streamers are very successful on that platform, which is probably why Bezos didn't bother to secure it properly because a lot of CEOs agree with the poo poo incels believe.

good poste 'dude'

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

quote:

An unreleased Steam competitor, codenamed Vapor, from Amazon Game Studios

lol

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I prefer let's plays to streams. pretty much every streamer I know starts at like 9:00pm EST which is just about when I'm getting ready for bed. wish there were early morning 5:00am streams that I could drink my coffee too.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
also I don't like facecams. why would I care what somebody looks like when they're playing video games. it doesn't matter.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

STABASS posted:

also I don't like facecams. why would I care what somebody looks like when they're playing video games. it doesn't matter.

A lot of let’s players do this now too and it just makes it unwatchable imo

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

GolfHole posted:

good poste 'dude'

Haha this is basically that guy's tone in every single one of his posts.

But anyway, someone look at this giant document and tell me the interesting parts of it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Seem to recall a whole bunch of alt-right types use/ed twitch to chat.

If this results in a bunch of them getting doxxed, all I can say is good.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Seems like all that would be way more than 125GB

Seems like this is only "Part 1" of what they got from the leak and also maybe doesn't include any images or anything. Just spreadsheets and code?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
daily reminder to check your s3 buckets aren't public

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Thank god they managed to get the comments

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Eh, if it was only one person Firstname Lastname who was hacked and and the name was mine I would be worried.

The more peoples info that is hacked the less you have to worry about

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
cool, do Amazon next.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

old beast lunatic posted:

cool, do Amazon next.

If someone does hack Amazon please send me a couple of cases of 7% peroxide solution for my water softener. Thanks in advance.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth posted:

nice meltdown

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

old beast lunatic posted:

cool, do Amazon next.

No, do Spotify.

https://twitter.com/campuscodi/status/1445704835827855362

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

maybe well finally find out the reason Doc was banned

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Robo Reagan posted:

nice meltdown

Oh really? It looks like I was right about the leakers being angry incels who want to hurt all the successful female Twitch streamers:

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Lmao that they wrote "comment history" instead of commit history.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Holy crap, some of those streamers make bank

September
hasanabi 210,946
xQc 752,467
moistcr1tikal 117,959

Nice to see some former goons doing well for themselves.
Yogscast 16,066
sips_ 13.327

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth posted:

Oh really? It looks like I was right about the leakers being angry incels who want to hurt all the successful female Twitch streamers:

drat you sure showed me a 4chan post nice meltdown tho

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

sure okay posted:

maybe well finally find out the reason Doc was banned

wasnt it for filming people in a public washroom

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Fried Watermelon posted:

I think the most accurate rumor was he got permabanned for working with an unapproved charity.

Also Microsoft's twitch rip off went belly up, and twitch wanted out of their big money deal with Doctor Disrespect

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fried Watermelon posted:

He was suspended for that but he was permabanned later on and it's never been revealed why. The biggest reporter in that space claimed he knew why at the time but for God knows what reason has never said so he was probably bullshitting.

People thought it was some big deal like a criminal thing because a bunch of sponsors left too but they came back which left folks confused.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Post a working link, drat it

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Yaldabaoth posted:

no, you're pretty obviously wrong and should probably figure out your personal issues on a non-public forum

sad question
May 30, 2020

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Twitch internal ‘red teaming’ tools (designed to improve security by having staff pretend to be hackers) (oops? :lol:)
Maybe they just work too well, smart guy :colbert:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

twitch? 4chan?? :confused:

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Post a working link, drat it

Google "twitch magnet link" and it's in like the 7th result. It's a lot of stuff so it's not exactly useful unless you want to spend a LOT of time on it. I looked at bootcamp.zip to see how they onboard new engineers out of curiosity but that's as far as I go heh.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

STABASS posted:

Any faces that aren't youtube thumbnails are disappointing.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

He was suspended for that but he was permabanned later on and it's never been revealed why. The biggest reporter in that space claimed he knew why at the time but for God knows what reason has never said so he was probably bullshitting.

People thought it was some big deal like a criminal thing because a bunch of sponsors left too but they came back which left folks confused.

"The biggest reporter in that space", lmao @ calling that dude a "reporter". Also, it's clear he had absolutely no clue why Disrespect was banned and was just free riding the attention for personal gain.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

That is what I said yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
As long as Jerma and the WKUK are OK idc