Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Nostradingus posted:

The GBA SP is the perfect handheld

If the screen was better it would be top tier, the design is just perfect. I still think the DSi is the best nintendo hardware ever made, not in terms of performance or anything but the way it feels to play. Matte black FTW

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
game boy micro lover logging on. but ya the dsi is the best nintendo handheld. great screens great buttons

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
dsi is especially epic bc its hacked no matter what firmware youre on and you can just load games off the sd card

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nostradingus posted:

The GBA SP is the perfect handheld

my dad bought one to keep in his briefcase and used it solely to play SMB3 while on business trips. i don't know if he ever beat it but he at least made it to world 8. :unsmith:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got an IPS screen modded GBA but it was hosed up and the screen wouldn’t work half the time. Thankfully I just got it fixed and it’s on its way back to me

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

crazy to think the gba only had a 3.5 year long lifespan

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

crazy to think the gba only had a 3.5 year long lifespan

The nice thing about backwards compatibility is the GBA could have been out for just a year and still probably had the best handheld library of the era lol.

Lmao Tzu
Sep 11, 2014

the jump in quality from gameboy games to gba games is insane too

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
playing a ds always made me feel like a bitch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

last time i found my gameboy advance was in high school and my friends were like dude put it on lets look at your crew and for some reason i had deletd my old file from childhood where i had a level 100 espeon and instead it was this new file with 0 badges and just 1 pokemon in the party...a ledyba low level as gently caress named 'iluvkelsey' Lol :doh:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

and yea they told her about it the next day but i think she liked it ;)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

insane anime posted:

last time i found my gameboy advance was in high school and my friends were like dude put it on lets look at your crew and for some reason i had deletd my old file from childhood where i had a level 100 espeon and instead it was this new file with 0 badges and just 1 pokemon in the party...a ledyba low level as gently caress named 'iluvkelsey' Lol :doh:

lol i'm pretty sure we've had a similar story before. whole lotta people declaring their crushes through their pokemon files.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

insane anime posted:

lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

lol i'm pretty sure we've had a similar story before. whole lotta people declaring their crushes through their pokemon files.

(heart broken) that little whore kelsey must have been getting around

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thats one way to try to catch em all

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sitcom episode in which Kelsey plays FireRed instead of Leafgreen and sees the charmander named iheartAlison

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

sitcom episode in which Kelsey plays FireRed instead of Leafgreen and sees the charmander named iheartAlison

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zero Mission + GBA SP filled every car ride in my life for like 4 years. just playing it over and over again

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The THPS2 and 3 GBA ports were mind boggling as a little kid. Perfect isometric recreations of all the classic stages, and a tiny little polygonal skater dude, never imagined I'd see something like that on a handheld.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Zero Mission + GBA SP filled every car ride in my life for like 4 years. just playing it over and over again

i got my speedrun time below an hour

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Average Bear posted:

You're missing out, HG/SS was the peak IMO.

this. Best Pokemon games of all time

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

American McGay posted:

The THPS2 and 3 GBA ports were mind boggling as a little kid. Perfect isometric recreations of all the classic stages, and a tiny little polygonal skater dude, never imagined I'd see something like that on a handheld.

Feels like these would be real fun on one of those $60 Chinese handheld

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

American McGay posted:

Have you seen the Max Payne GBA port which is just the first game from a top down perspective?

It works shockingly better than you would expect

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

In Training posted:

i had to look up where to get a few collectibles, but after i knew where they all were i developed my own speedrun route to get all the endings. i could never do taht now of days. too impatient

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Just a small appreciation post for Pokemon Leaf Green. I started playing this again recently and was surprised at how good it looks. Everything is so snappy.. the sounds, animations, sprites, everything. Even leaving battle animations on, it's faster than the previous 25 pokemon games with them turned off.

nice looking graphics that don't slow down the action ftw.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
started a new game on fire red. the gba screen is so tiny

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just got my IPS-modded GBA back from repairs

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
caught a pikachu

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mycophobia posted:

caught a pikachu

charmander/pikachu combo is epic at the beginning, especially since charmander learns steel claw in FR/LG

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
losing your gba or ds games and unable to find them is one of worst feelings in gaming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I simply never lose them.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

In Training posted:

I simply never lose them.

mine are still neatly lined up in a drawer and accessible whenever i need to game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
fire red was my first pokeyman and there are other gens i like better but its still the quintessential look and feel of pokemon in my mind. deeply epic stuff