Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Could you hear the tone?
Yes, I heard it clear as day all the time.
Nope. Never even knew they emitted such a tone.
OP is a dumb smelly poop butt.
View Results

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

That incredibly high pitched 15 KHz tone they used to emit while they were on that made it seem like you had superhuman hearing and/or was a demigod or some poo poo. You’d be in another room yelling, “Hey, turn off the dang TV!”, and someone would ask how you knew it was on, and you’d just turn to the imaginary camera and grin like Kevin McAllister.

Apparently, a lot of people I knew never even heard the tone (probably about half), while the other half could hear it as clearly as I could. Could you hear it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

FPzero posted:

Amber monochrome is such a neat look, especially since green monochrome is so engrained as the "old" terminal look in media. I've never seen one in person, but I just like how the amber looks.

I used to work for a beverage company that used late ‘70s monochrome amber and green terminals that would print out data on old two-tone green paper fed into a giant dot matrix printer from the same era. I was told that the owner bought a fuckload of paper for the printer back around that time, but once it got all used up, that was it because they didn’t make that paper or even that size of paper anymore.

This was in 2007 :classiclol: