Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Could you hear the tone?
Yes, I heard it clear as day all the time.
Nope. Never even knew they emitted such a tone.
OP is a dumb smelly poop butt.
View Results

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Putting a magnet on the screen is the best bit about CRTs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Throwing a CRT at another CRT, or dropping a fridge on a CRT

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

BigBadSteve posted:

Dont't try this at home, CRT device owners. I did it to an old black & white TV once, and the purple splotch I created in one corner of the screen never went away completely afterwards, no matter what angle I dragged a magnet over it.

You reverse damage simply by rubbing the magnet over it again.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

BigBadSteve posted:

That's the "theory". In practice it worked somewhat but not fully. I probably tried to fix it hundreds of times, all up, being an obsessive bastard. Don't put a magnet near a CRT screen if you don't want to severely risk loving it up. Simple.

In fact it works perfectly every time.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
I left a Sun O))) concert and I thought car alarms were going off around me, but it was just my ears "ringing" because the concert was so loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

BigBadSteve posted:

Generalising others' experience based entirely on one's own is surely one of the classic signs of pigheaded idiocy.

But then you also suggested throwing one CRT monitor at another ITT, so pardon me for expecting better from you.

It must be hard to think being a constant boner, taking all the blood away from the brain, which is elsewhere.

Im sorry you broke your TV