Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Yeah definitely goblin.

Are there just no monsters that water the field in this game, or do they show up later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Pointy and Creepy. House, pointy, forge... round.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011

Odd Wilson posted:

I figured that was just normal farmer magic stuff

(in the next update, dialogue with Tabatha refers to it as rice porridge, so I think the oatmeal is just a mistranslation)

Yeah, the recipe exists in Tides of Destiny as rice porridge with an 80 cooking skill requirement, which like an earlier poster I am also playing to enjoy a chill RF experience without doing runey management.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
I like them all so I mostly excluded the ones that were in RF1 since I've played that game. Exceptions being I didn't vote for Iris for some reason (no hat??) and I voted for Lara because she deserves lots of gifts for having to take care of Bush after he collapsed so many times.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
So they didn't add forbidding you from crafting if it would make you collapse until Tides of Destiny huh?

This is why I voted for Lara, Bush cannot be trusted to stay healthy without her watchful supervision in married life :colbert:

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
This sure seems like the worst possible way to try to get Bush to do what I think Brodik wants him to do :allears:

Can you gain FP with him, or does talking do nothing and he compensates you whenever you give him something?

Edit: Also from his initial reaction....did he move here, house and everything, not knowing we were actually here?

Rawkking fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 26, 2022

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Lara

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
We're already on the record as a man of the gift mine dungeons, Iris Noire it is.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
We can't vote for Pony II? :argh:

(I liked Lily the most actually, oh well)

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
That is a nice fakeout for those of us familiar with what we learn of Bush's past from the RF1 plotline. Does Brodik explicitly say he's from the empire before the final resolution?

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011

Odd Wilson posted:

He never says where he's from. In assuming Bush is Weber, he assumes you know exactly who he is, where he's from, and what he's there for. Anette doesn't recognize the foreign addresses on his mail, and nobody knows what he is here for until Kross brings it up in the hospital.

People who have played RF1 might be able to connect the dots beforehand, but you can also maybe draw similarities to the generic soldier portrait seen at that game's ending sequence. That's about it.

I mean not knowing the details of soldier uniforms, I mistakenly thought that Brodik was part of whatever Noradian military organization Bush was part of before getting amnesia and was here to make him rejoin that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
It was great, thanks for saving us all from having to manage runeys, and looking forward to the next game!