Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Can you tame bosses in this? RF4 becomes completely and hilariously broken by this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Odd Wilson posted:

I had no idea you could in RF4. Huh. Well, given you could just break RF4 just by using the dash button, I can imagine how broken it is.

While I've never tried in Frontier, I believe some dialogue warns that you can't. I'm pretty sure RF3 doesn't permit boss taming either, so I think that's probably an RF4 addition.

RF4 lets you become so ridiculously powerful through monster friends (and a level cap of 50,000) that you become a better villain than the villain. I hope they acknowledge that in RF5!

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You can do that in RF4 too! Didn't try doing it in 5 but I have definitely done it by accident in 4.

in RF4, they penalized you by making it more likely to fail, but there's ways around it to an extent (Fluffy Scarf and Relax Tea, Formuade)