Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
I think that cutscene just triggers when you encounter Mist once you have the sickle - she spends her weekends in the church, so Bush woke up in the church it just fired off. Also, tt probably should have been translated as "You WILL weed my lawn for me, right?" rather than "You weeded my lawn for me, right?". It can be difficult to translate stuff like this without context.

Mist is definitely smarter than she lets on. She's already got Bush to start feeding her turnips!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
I'm getting traumatic flashbacks to my first attempt at this game already. The Runeys may look amazing from an aesthetic viewpoint, but whoever designed their gameplay needs a swift kick in the butt.

Without player intervention, the ecosystem will collapse in a few months, and all your crops will take longer to grow. No, they don't tell you this in-game.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
Either Mist broke into Bush's house, decorated the living room with turnips, and accused Bush of being a turnip lover. Or looking at the Turnip constellation caused a turnip meteor to hit Bush's house. I don't know which to believe, but either way, I love it.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
For all that the Runey system is a pain in the rear end, I gotta admit, a farm full of floating Runeys is a beautiful, magical sight.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
A Woolie named Micah and a Silver Wolf named Pony

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
Hammers. You'll be lugging one around anyway to mine ore, no point in wasting inventory space.

On another note, seeing that straw hat triggered some vague memories of being able to give accessories to NPCs. Could you try making one and giving it to Mist, see if she can wear it? Although as I recall, there's no way to get them to take it off other than by giving them something else to wear.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
I like Mist quite a lot myself, although she wasn't the bachelorette I eventually went with. I think the game does a good job of conveying that she's sort of living in her own world, just slightly off from the one everyone else is in. Whether or not that appeals to you is purely a matter of personal preference.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
Loved the update. The weird unfinished harvest is because monsters work for exactly two hours and knock off work on the dot. They may love Bush, but not enough to do unpaid overtime.

On the subject of summery, watery music, I always used to play the Dark Cloud 2 fishing music when fishing in this game. It's very relaxing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3PXbQ9xr0U

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
We'll be swimming in cash soon enough from our crops, even without eugenics. We don't need a measly 10,000G. Give the swimsuit to whoever has the lowest LP, or maybe Cinnamon if she has a funny reaction.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
I like the titles you've come up with.

I voted for:
Mist - actually kind of boring despite being the kookiest, because of being the designated Main Story Girl
Annette - even if you don't talk to her, seeing her zoom past your farm as you're hoeing weeds is the best part of the morning
Selphy - loves books, great fashion sense, needs someone to take care of her badly
Melody - I am reasonably certain that if Bush marries her she will stop charging him 10G for the bath
Bianca - I don't actually like her very much, but since she doesn't like any gifts at all you just have to find her every. single. day. to raise her LP.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

Odd Wilson posted:

As we all know, that daily 10g is just burning a hole in our wallet we can't afford. We've spent a grand total of 380g so far, it's becoming too much of an expense!

I don't think Rosetta gives you a discount or anything if you marry her (which is very in-character if you think about it), so Melody is indisputably the meta choice for munchkin gamers! Everyone should go vote for her!

Jokes aside, though, I like that she isn't just a one note "I like baths" character. Not being able to use magic, but sitting on magic lessons because she wanted to be a witch when she was younger, that's actually sort of tragic. But she seems pretty happy and well-adjusted, so that's good.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
Take all the time you need to recover, man. Hope you feel better soon!

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
Oh man, it's great to see this LP back! Thank you for all the hard work you put into this SSLP. Hope your hands are better now, RSI can be a real bitch especially if you still need to use a keyboard for work.

I think I still have a 6-year old save for this game somewhere on my backup drive. Now I feel guilty for abandoning my farm.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
Oh man, I remember the ice snake, such an annoying boss. I ended up spamming fireballs at it from the corridor while hiding from the ice breath for fifteen minutes. Good job fighting it in melee!

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
Selphy - although she'll probably complain about being dragged out of the library.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
It's amazing that they re-recorded the final song with the English VAs singing, and managed to get a translation to fit the lyrics too. RF:F has its flaws (complete. ecological. disaster.) but that final battle with all the girls singing backup for the main character was absolutely incredible. One of my favorite end sequences of all time.

Thank you for showing this game off, Odd Wilson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
Annette looks great in that wedding outfit, shame you only see it the once. Congratulations, I really thought Selphy would win though.

Slaan posted:

How many votes were because the voter liked Annette, and how many voted just to save Annette from the clutches of the turnip Mafia?

I can honestly say I voted for Annette because actual best girl Mist wasn't even in the poll, so hey, blame the turnip Mafia all you want.

I dropped the game shortly after beating the final boss, so seeing stuff like the later festivals and that golem has been really great. One thing I do recall is that if you invite someone else other than your wife on a date, your wife will show up and both girls will get angry with you. Not that Bush would ever do something like that, obviously.