Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

BraveLittleToaster posted:

I find it a bit odd that the general store owner Danny apparently lets people put their purchases on a tab. A turnip seed tab.

The classic chain of fetch quests leading you to meet everyone in town, of course. I'm guessing the other characters are spread out farther than town if that's everyone living there. There's a reason for the Frontier in the title surely, after all.

There's like six houses, it's not as if he can't find them when it's time to pay up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

AltaBrown posted:

We need an Ant and a Goblin for crops.

Two Buffamoo for milk.

Two Cluckys for eggs.

And another Woolie for wool.

Final slot is for whatever.

This sounds like sensible farming.

Make the final slot a Silver Wolf named Pony

edit; voting for monsters on the previous page

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Dual class time, let's roll Magic and Axes :black101:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Bulging style and cozy style. They look like they're actually part of the house, the other two are a bit too obviously stapled on.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Yeah, you should pace yourself. I'm enjoying both your LPs, don't want you to not have time for them and your irl stuff and some downtime as well.

I'm sad our wolf can't go for a swim. Everyone bitching about the heat doesn't have a fur coat and have to lug a human around.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Odd Wilson posted:

Frontier never really explains how you end up in the infirmary, but it's better than dying!

I assume our long-suffering wolf drags us there.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

That ended up as quite the training montage, where are the power ballads?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Odd Wilson posted:

Rising up, back in the field
Till the earth, chop the branches
Made the money, all the gifts done and dealed
Just a man and his will to befriend

So many times it boils too fast
You cook it, finding just failure
Don't lose your hope to make dishes of the best
You must cook just to not offend

It's the fry of the farmer
It's the cream of the crop
Rising up to the tastes of the master
And the well known charmer
Stalks his prey with fish-chop
And he's gifting us all with the fry of the farmer

(it's also because the training montage isn't over yet- we've got to gear up and eat up quite a bit to contend with the difficulty in the areas currently open for progression)

...shut up and take my :five:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Odd Wilson posted:

(why does it take 80 cooking to mush some rice in a pot)

I dunno, seems reasonable that you'd need to be pretty skilled to somehow transmogrify rice into oats.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Odd Wilson posted:

The ultimate items it has are the Black Robe and the Corsage, the latter of which needs far too many long-growing flowers for me to care about.

Oh, what does it take to craft me? :v:

edit: god what a dumb page snipe, update on the previous page

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I think we should let Pony pick her master's future wife.

I voted for my favourite three (Selphy, Melody and Cinnamon), I'm pretty indifferent to the rest of them honestly.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

If my date was two hours late with no excuse or apology I'd leave her stranded too.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

what a happy boss :buddy:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Nolan was hanging out at this bathhouse as a slightly weird bath-loving old man all this time so he could awkwardly fumble through trying to adopt Melody for this one event? At least he'll stay around as adopted bath-family, I guess. Everything worked out fine for all. Shame Melody won't have much more after this event though.

Pony's going to take things all the way to the final boss with all that MVP quality.

Nolan should adopt Pony and make her the princess. She deserves to be royalty.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I wonder who runs the Turnip Mafia now that Mist is M.I.A.

It's fine, her capos will be gathering the troops to go rescue her as we speak. Bush can chill out and go to the festival, the Family got this.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

That scene with everyone cooing over and petting Francois is pretty rude, Pony is right there

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Odd Wilson posted:

I also decide it's about time I try out our new lumber axe, as I'm looking to finally get that upgraded house sometime soon.

So I find a stump and-

:eyepop:

...oh yes :aaa:

hell yes

I was not expecting it to change the axe swing into him chucking the axe a dozen feet into the air, jumping up to catch it, doing *two* unnecessary frontflips, and then striking the stump with a massive column of lightning.

Truly our magic skill has crossed into our axe skill. :getin:

Bush, this isn't Fire Emblem.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

So, was Bush taken out by the Turnip Mafia after losing Mist, or did the runeys eat him?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

No worries, just making sure your computer wasn't eaten by the LP curse or anything like that.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Awesome, glad to hear it.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Odd Wilson posted:

~"A warning against overindulgence." - Lara~

The weather has become pleasantly cool throughout the day.
Food is especially delicious in autumn, so be careful not to overeat.
The best time to stop eating is when you feel about 80% full.

...shut up, Lara, don't you judge.

Odd Wilson posted:

LARA: Unfortunately, it's not you, Bush.

LARA: I wrote about Eunice and Cinnamon.

ouch, burn

and after all the chocolate cake we've given you too :cry:

I get the impression Lara hasn't forgiven you for sleeping for seven months.

Odd Wilson posted:

SELPHY: Being here and reading when I feel like it is good because I don't have to learn stupid things or meet weird people...

SELPHY: This place is like paradise to me...

Living the dream right here.

Odd Wilson posted:

Brodik will be spending a lot of time out of sight. He's not a very sociable person. The note on his house just tells us to go away.

Likewise living the dream.

Anyway, joining everyone else to say I'm pleased this is back and that you're doing better.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I wish my culture had an 'eat tasty food while looking at the moon' festival. I just feel like a bum when I do it.

Also Gelwein, you fool, you don't know what you've done. Now you're gonna be sleepin' with the turnips.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Clearly our only option is to marry Selphy, otherwise we'll never get to read her novel.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Well, seems Cinnamon and Melody will manage just fine if Bush doesn't marry either of them...

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Pony would look lovely.

I'm oddly disappointed that the flowers are just the Western zodiac and corresponding birthstones. Though I don't know what they could have used instead, really.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Selphy. Maybe she'll let us read her novel.

also

Odd Wilson posted:

Conductive Calamari

:golfclap:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

That was anime as gently caress.

also yay, the dog survived :3:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Odd Wilson posted:

The votes are in, Mr. Dog is now the goodest boy. Pony retains her rank of goodest girl and best dog

:hai:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Odd Wilson posted:

Come on, go for it! Be assertive!

...Don't beat around the Bush! :v:

The whale is going to personally drop out of the sky to smack you for that one.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

The others had the advantage of having done this festival before. Obviously they knew the consolation prizes were much better than the prize for winning, and threw the quiz.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Iris Blanche.

also feed Brodik to the runeys

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Odd Wilson posted:

BRODIK: Seriously, what's wrong with this place?! Hahaha-

BRODIK: wait, ow, that hurts

BRODIK: stop

:allears:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

The long awaited marriage vote, a true battle of the hats, and of those few bereft of headwear. A bachelorette showdown for the ages. Either way, whoever wins will have to share space with Pony, the goodest girl.

In the all-important spirit of theming, naming his child Hedge seems appropriate, but that's just my vote.

I voted Leaf for the name. The theme must continue!

Bush is very much a master cook. I don't know anyone who can make food explode.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

All my choices are in the lead, clearly everyone has excellent taste.

Also I really like that there's alternative dialogue for trying to propose to the non candidates.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I do side-eye that they won't let the main character be gay, but half the girls are very clearly bi (honestly some of them come across as purely gay and only attracted to the player because the story says so) and seem quite happy to pair up with one another if you don't pick them.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Part of me was very tempted to pick Shrub... Shrub Shrub would be like the vegan version of Moon Moon. But I can't do that to a kid, even a fictional one.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Clearly the gods disapprove of the outcome.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

So... Brodik is a secret agent sent to track down and presumably capture or at least report on a deserter. And his reaction to seeing someone who sort of matched the vague physical description was to... absolutely not investigate any further or send any kind of reports and just spend a year or so slightly irritating him.

:psyduck:

Anyway, welcome Bush Jr. You live in a very strange place, little shrub.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Odd Wilson posted:

We check our painting list, to see the new "Portrait of Bush" at the bottom.

Amazing.

Bush: :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Thanks for sticking with it until the end, this was great.