Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Ooh, Rune Factory. I've read the last LPs of some of the other Rune Factory games, played one for myself, it always seemed fascinating. And now with more Anime.

Our guy looks like a Bush. That's my name vote.

And Shrub farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Can’t wait to get a look at the diverse cast of characters and latch onto the weirdest one of the lot. Also, I’m impressed the joke choice actually mattered.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I find it a bit odd that the general store owner Danny apparently lets people put their purchases on a tab. A turnip seed tab.

The classic chain of fetch quests leading you to meet everyone in town, of course. I'm guessing the other characters are spread out farther than town if that's everyone living there. There's a reason for the Frontier in the title surely, after all.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Yep, still firmly in the setup phase of the game, it seems.

I actually didn't know that factoid about Retornen being the specific thing that bashes monsters back to their own world. And why would Genesha outsource weapons that don't have that particular enchantment at all? Unless she's plotting something..

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Selphy's a stylish looking bachelorette, that's for sure. I kind of dig her hat and clothes. And likable already.

How many more introductions will happen via Bush or someone other passing out? I guess it's good fortune for Bush that there's no more serious illnesses besides a cold and plot amnesia in Rune Factory world, because that boy's got a weak constitution.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Well, alright. That sudden leap to weeding Mist's lawn has convinced me she's magical and up to turnip related no-goodery. Using her dark powers to get others to do her work. Is that scene usually so abrupt?

The proper introduction to Selphy already has me pulling for her. A stylish, messy bookworm, already shot way up the charts. The other bachelorettes would have to work hard to top that.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Okay that final Mist scene, her vaguely evil implications has to be intentional, right? Just look at that!

I've been liking the game as you've played it so far, it looks like a solid entry.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Voting for an Ant named Grant. And a Hornet named Barry.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Hammers and Magic. Your enemies will be in a world of hurt.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I'm voting for Ba-Bump for the Kitchen and Creepy for the Forge.

Finally time for a festival, this game's been awfully slow at getting around to it. Come to think, have there been any Rune Factory/Harvest Moon-style games that haven't featured festivals of some sort? It seems to be an unspoken rule to include them, not that they're bad at all. Festivals are a big part of the personality.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
This is a definitely a pretty slow start to spring, but its about to be over with. Have all the basic gameplay elements been put on the table yet or is the game holding back some more stuff for later?

I can't help but feel that the tone of this game is a little darker and stranger, compared to other Rune Factories I've seen LPed. There's nothing explicit, but there's implications all over the place. Mist's constant sinisterness doesn't help either. I'm curious about what Kross's deal is too, and I hope Eunice gets a bit of justice in the coming months, even if she's not my favorite.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
A Rune Factory game can't be complete until a de-Sainte Coquille is in it.

The game seems to be in full swing by now, threat of being crushed by a floating island now distant in mind. Hoping for more events of interesting kinds to come soon.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Double update, very nice to see.

I wonder what the eponymous whale of Whale Island thinks of the people and monsters strolling around and living on it. It doesn't seem to be complaining so far. Maybe it just appreciates the company?

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Cooking food for hungry bachelorettes: the most challenging part of this game. I'm not sure they even eat anything other than what Bush gives them.

Godspeed on dealing with the Runeys.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Poor Danny, outcompeted by every other merchant in town, even the library. Poor in the monetary sense, that is, it's true he deserves it for being lazy. Is he actually going to end up closing up shop for good?

Going back in time and passing out to avoid tornados, that's farmer magic at work.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I'd say just sell the thing, the market for cheap and well made swimwear is surely large even if they aren't worth the cost of making.

Bush, you fool, you should have healed, she's got a taste now. You're lucky Iris never leaves the floating island threatening to crush everyone, else that'd be two problems now.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Oof, I didn't expect the LP curse to strike you, but that sucks a lot. Hope it won't strike again for you while you take your time on the next update. New parts to this are always worth waiting for.

Bush definitely seems like more of a chef than a farmer, judging by those cooking stats and the amount of cooking he'll do. Using homegrown and fresh-harvested ingredients could be a big selling point.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I enjoy that Rune Factory strangeness in all the little events you've been getting. Also, Pony's the undisputed MVP of all of your explorations.

Selphy and Melody were my top two picks on the vote, got to enjoy them.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Boy, all these random comments by the bachelorettes that certainly aren't any kind of foreshadowing sure are charming.

Can't say I've ever considered having hot chocolate right after a bath, but I guess Nolan the pro knows his stuff.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
We learned about Melody's past, discussed baths, and left her awkwardly stranded on an island after the date was over. Bush is doing a bang-up job at this romance thing already.

Also, did young Melody just run around unattended by anyone until the "got lost and saved by a wizard" incident? That's the vibe I'm sort of getting, though I admit I don't know any of her backstory details from RF1.

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 5, 2022

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Nolan was hanging out at this bathhouse as a slightly weird bath-loving old man all this time so he could awkwardly fumble through trying to adopt Melody for this one event? At least he'll stay around as adopted bath-family, I guess. Everything worked out fine for all. Shame Melody won't have much more after this event though.

Pony's going to take things all the way to the final boss with all that MVP quality.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
That's an ominous as heck ending. Bush, you fool, you should always visit the bathhouse! Or his time meddling's caught up to him..

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Haven't seen that touch of darkness in the game too much lately and that's a nice big dollop of it in a plot bomb. Gelwein turned out to be a big angry twit who's making a large dark rune for revenge on an entirely nebulous runesucking child-related banishment. We got another Iris out of it at least, though she might be traumatized.

I wonder who runs the Turnip Mafia now that Mist is M.I.A.

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 14, 2022

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Has Bush doubled the population of this town just by showing up and living here? Feels like he has by now. And how many of them joined the Turnip Mafia?

That funny Brodik fellow's appearence reminds me of someone, not sure who.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
That's good to hear, glad you've got something that works for you.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
It's good to see this LP back! Glad your hands are managing better, Odd Wilson. I've been looking forward to more of Bush's Bizarre Adventure. Looks like Bachelorette events are starting to ramp up again.

Brodik totally wants in on the Turnip Mafia, sneaking like that. He'd never make the cut, though.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Still not sure what's going on with Kross, but he's an interesting fella all the same. A strong one too apparently.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
The end to Selphy's storyline is oddly fitting. No mention of her past. She gets sucked into a book, time-freezes a monster book for her collection, and writes a bestselling mystery novel. A complete bibliophile.

Things are exciting in Bachelorette town. I wonder if Anette will have a change of profession in this game.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Selphy for the afternoon. She might have new things to say about books on a date.

Master Chef Bush is ready to save the world through the power of good food. Shame he couldn't make some sushi out of that big ol' octopus.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
A clean victory for Bush! Also, props to everyone for leaving Gelwein to die. He sure was an anime bossfight.

Pony is still best dog.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
This whole Quiz Day bit was delightful, borrowing game show tropes like that.

Apparently Mist using her "informants" just means copying Bush. And being wrong occasionally to not make it too obvious.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Putting down a vote for Iris Noire here.

Edit: Update on last page.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
The long awaited marriage vote, a true battle of the hats, and of those few bereft of headwear. A bachelorette showdown for the ages. Either way, whoever wins will have to share space with Pony, the goodest girl.

In the all-important spirit of theming, naming his child Hedge seems appropriate, but that's just my vote.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Odd Wilson posted:

The Anette/Selphy war is getting fierce :stare:
It's only natural that the two best hats in the game would have such fierce competition between them.

May the best headwear win.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Congrats to Anette for winning the marriage poll! The Hat Wars are temporarily quelled. And now Bush always has priority mail. It's nice that you gave a sendoff to the hardworking little Grant too.

Anette doesn't have to room with Mist anymore too, that's good. One shudders to imagine what inhuman thoughts lie behind that face.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
That's a nice resolution to Kross's storyline, the dude can live out his life peacefully now. Brodik turned out kind of an okay guy after that. He's still a bit odd.

Bush and Anette's child sure has some interesting thoughts already.. I wonder who had that outfit already prepared for her?

Edit: Update on the last page

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
It's sad to finally see the end of gameplay, but Bush has made a good little weird life for himself with Anette. Maybe he'll finally solve the Runey disaster one day.

The future adventures of Juniper and Pony will surely bring the world into a bold new age of magic and innovation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Thanks for the LP, Odd Wilson! Been following since the start and it's been fun. I'm rather looking forward to your next one.