Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

030524_3
Mar 5, 2024
It's simple legal logic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

if we had universal healthcare the entire thing would be a non issue lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Proust Malone posted:

but also, you shouldn’t lose your ability to receive medical care because of this kind of thing. everyone deserves care.

not cops

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
hope hes permanently in pain for the rest of his life, and also in debt

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

americans don’t get chronic pain anymore we get opioid addictions or marijuana addictions, depending on your states legal status

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Spergin Morlock posted:

if we had universal healthcare the entire thing would be a non issue lol
Oops, we forgot to make the people we use as our primary tools of violently enforcing capitalism immune to its ravages

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

500excf type r posted:

He gets care, he just will have to pay for it some other way. Also he probably is getting some sort of disability and/or workers comp benefits that go unmentioned for ~reasons~

betting you're right because the police union is the only one with power in the us

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/warden-is-ousted-as-fbi-raids-california-womens-prison-known-as-the-rape-club/ar-BB1jKQgg

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/16-swat-officers-hospitalized-blast-training-facility-southern-califor-rcna143338

:sickos:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
no, i said cut the RED wire!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
the mississippi goon squad are all getting 20 year sentences. not great but substantial enough to make me wonder what bigger worser things than allowing a torture squad to exist they're hoping will stay under wraps if the goons go down hard enough

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
they're going to be spending all their time in the protective custody unit I'm guessing?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Voice of Labor posted:

the mississippi goon squad are all getting 20 year sentences. not great but substantial enough to make me wonder what bigger worser things than allowing a torture squad to exist they're hoping will stay under wraps if the goons go down hard enough

one hell of an end to this goon project

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

The Voice of Labor posted:

20 years for straight up torture lol. I wonder how many officers that department even has. How is it even a legitimate police force if a quarter of the force is a convicted torture gang?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I grew up there and this story at least finally convinced my mom that cops are bad. Last time I was home she told me she got pissed off thinking about how the school resource officer at her school probably knew.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

skooma512 posted:

20 years for straight up torture lol. I wonder how many officers that department even has. How is it even a legitimate police force if a quarter of the force is a convicted torture gang?

yeah, they'll have to do a lot of hiring to rebuild their torture gang.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

When your department just got convicted of torture copping there’s only one guy to call: That one Cannibal Cop guy.

Edit: looked him up and he loves using twitter go figure.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

skooma512 posted:

reminder to self: photoshop that seattle police recruiter poster

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://x.com/cgershenson/status/1770637675902423384?s=46&t=v69FFc9gmilk6I-vYnAGzw

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
as if 'the cops will show up and shoot someone or someone's pet' wasn't enough reason, you can add that poo poo to the list

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Former Vermont state trooper pleads guilty to sexually assaulting a child

quote:

According to court documents, Todd Chisholm, now 59, had an affair with the child's mother which ended in 1998, during which time he started sexually “grooming” the child.

About four years later, he sexually assaulted the victim, the first time in Vernon, at 11 years old and a second time, also in Vernon, at 14, acts he admitted to in court in front of Windham County Judge John Treadwell.

Chisholm was originally charged with four counts, including repeated sexual assault of a child under the age of 16, two counts of sexual assault and one count of lewd and lascivious behavior.

On Wednesday, Chisholm, of North Brookfield, Mass., pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of lewd and lascivious behavior with a child, accepting the state's offer of four to five years, all suspended except for 30 days, and six years of probation with no early termination.

Chisholm left the state police in 2001, after 13 years as a trooper.

The victim first reported the assaults in 2019, and an investigation resulting in charges in 2020 was conducted by the Vermont State Police.

He’ll never recover from those thirty days.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-04-01/kidnapped-teen-killed-by-deputies-as-she-followed-their-instructions-video

So 2 years ago a girl who had been kidnapped by her father died and at the time the police claimed that it was her father that shot her.
After trying to suppress the video for 2 years, it turns out that the video and audio show that the police knew it was her, told her to leave the car, so she left the car and got on the ground, so one of the deputies told her to get up and walk towards him, and so the other deputies just blasted her.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

i hate the loving cops

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

joepinetree posted:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-04-01/kidnapped-teen-killed-by-deputies-as-she-followed-their-instructions-video

So 2 years ago a girl who had been kidnapped by her father died and at the time the police claimed that it was her father that shot her.
After trying to suppress the video for 2 years, it turns out that the video and audio show that the police knew it was her, told her to leave the car, so she left the car and got on the ground, so one of the deputies told her to get up and walk towards him, and so the other deputies just blasted her.

How can they be this loving negligent? God drat they need to start putting these evil fucks in gen pop

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Because this is just the cops blowing off some steam. Rescuing kidnapped girls isn't their job so when they're playing pretend it's no big deal if they murder a child.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Quote isn't edit

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

Mr. Sharps posted:

i hate the loving cops

:hmmyes:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/RosemarySobol1/status/1777489521124241895?t=Bio_-ZE4TQ_qVNxaYzbp0Q&s=19

https://twitter.com/samjcharles/status/1777453730981417457?t=_sbXp4LmQD_Go8NIiQrmYA&s=19

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Nothing says "this will exonerate us for a good shoot" like bracing for riots over releasing video footage of what you did

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
cops fuckin suck and so does anyone who loves 'em

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Video is out of the Dexter Reed shooting

Cops kept shooting after he was on the ground too
https://twitter.com/BebopOtt/status/1777713526754144645?t=c6vIE8xDltrYadoZQv7A7g&s=19

Atrocious Joe has issued a correction as of 16:24 on Apr 9, 2024

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Ugh, Quote isn't edit

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

dti dta dtc

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.
Why are 4 plainclothes cops doing a traffic stop in the same vehicle? poo poo looks weird.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

speaking of bodycam footage, the public doesn't have ownership of bodycams in NC. a muslim family raided by cops want the footage released. a judge said no to releasing that footage under the auspices of "too much time has passed and there's no public interest."

the address raided was on the warrant, but the person they were after has no relationship with the family that lives there

https://www.wral.com/story/judge-raleigh-police-don-t-have-to-release-body-cam-video-of-raid-of-wrong-house/21352074/

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
gently caress the police holy poo poo

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/jeff_tischauser/status/1777744176366416309?t=oyCdxGDOXyCm2cb717ibHA&s=19
https://twitter.com/jeff_tischauser/status/1777744179616948685?t=eR70CPS0hQ5ai8o79JBFRw&s=19

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Horror_Business posted:

Why are 4 plainclothes cops doing a traffic stop in the same vehicle? poo poo looks weird.

if it was 4 plainclothes guys in one unmarked squad car it wasn't a standard traffic stop and lmao if they're claiming otherwise

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Spergin Morlock posted:

if it was 4 plainclothes guys in one unmarked squad car it wasn't a standard traffic stop and lmao if they're claiming otherwise

Standard hit squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Standard hit squad

I watched the vid. the guy was out on bail for a gun thing and that was almost certainly a gang squad following him around for any reason to pull him over and jam him up.

he ended up shooting one of the cops in the hand which is when like 5 of the cops mag dumped on him