Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Horror_Business posted:

Why are 4 plainclothes cops doing a traffic stop in the same vehicle? poo poo looks weird.
because they got an anonymous/iffy tip and don't like the guy, but don't have enough to fool a judge into granting a search warrant, meaning they gotta do the lamest and most frequently-used type of parallel construction ever, since it's ez to search a car

e:

Spergin Morlock posted:

I watched the vid. the guy was out on bail for a gun thing and that was almost certainly a gang squad following him around for any reason to pull him over and jam him up.

he ended up shooting one of the cops in the hand which is when like 5 of the cops mag dumped on him
yeah that

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 10:30 on Apr 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

on a lighter note

totally coincidentally

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/TylerLaRiviere/status/1778140907054710791?t=W-36tiwTYTqlrxuB901tZQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/BlockClubCHI/status/1778166123231326659?t=3daGTSVZ2692uNC4SzhXZw&s=19

How are Chicago's new elected district police councils reacting? This is the council for the police district where Reed was killed.

https://twitter.com/CKubzansky/status/1778193777758511293?t=7Vu5BbqeZDGHKCkTS3a5Iw&s=19

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

reed shot a cop through his tinted window before they shot back. his family isn't going to be getting paid for this one even if cops get reprimanded or fired.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Are they just trying to find out how much it's gonna take for people to burn down the police station

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Spergin Morlock posted:

reed shot a cop through his tinted window before they shot back. his family isn't going to be getting paid for this one even if cops get reprimanded or fired.
how was he supposed to know they were cops?

dude probably thought he was about to be attacked by four random lguys in street clothes in a car who were out looking for him.

these plainclothes “gang units” who hunt down people out of bail in order to to jam them up on a pretext traffic stop are just fascist kill squads. do not defend this poo poo here, lib

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 06:51 on Apr 11, 2024

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

do not defend this poo poo here, lib

gently caress off moron

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Spergin Morlock posted:

gently caress off moron
cry some more, bootlicker

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

TenementFunster posted:

how was he supposed to know they were cops?

dude probably thought he was about to be attacked by four random lguys in street clothes in a car who were out looking for him.

these plainclothes “gang units” who hunt down people out of bail in order to to jam them up on a pretext traffic stop are just fascist kill squads. do not defend this poo poo here, lib

do you just troll around looking for posts to deliberately strawman so you can call people libs and let the forums know you're the biggest toughest leftest leftist around, or are you genuinely that loving terrible at reading comprehension that you honestly don't understand what people are saying

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

TenementFunster posted:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

work on your reading comprehension dipshit

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

TenementFunster posted:

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

Spergin Morlock posted:

work on your reading comprehension dipshit

you made me agree with TF, ew.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

TenementFunster posted:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
imagine defending cops who shot a man almost 100 times, loving disgusting

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I don’t think they were defending the cops, but rather pointing out that the victim shooting in any way means that the cops are getting totally off the hook, whether that’s a moral outcome or not, and independent of whether the cops were planning to kill him whatever happened

but maybe they were well-actuallying the victim of police oppression and planned murder, in which case yeah gently caress ‘em

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

well im sure he was just the one bad apple

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
i know they probably didn't mean to defend the cops, this example is just so ridiculous in a long line on ridiculousness that i'm extra hoppin mad

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Spergin Morlock posted:

[some fash apologia]

:pigoff:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
It should be legal to kill cops in self-defense when they are doing a gang poo poo at you but in practice even if that were true the cop that kills you next week is going to get away with it.

You can say all of this without supporting the police

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Isn't Indiana the only state that will (theoretically, lol) let you off the hook for killing a cop if the said cop was in the process of committing a grave crime against you, like, say, raping you or something? You're 100% hosed in every single other state, as they are "performing official duty" if on the clock. Or at least that's the convo I remember from a few years back when they enacted the said Indiana law.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

I don’t think they were defending the cops, but rather pointing out that the victim shooting in any way means that the cops are getting totally off the hook, whether that’s a moral outcome or not, and independent of whether the cops were planning to kill him whatever happened

it's this one. please be mad at the cops and avoid calling other posters fascists and whatnot unless of course they really are fascists....in which case we can have a good old fashioned struggle session about it.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Too bad you were easily confused by a literal gang of poo poo head cops

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

a fun way to be stupid is to get mad at the guy for missing

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

i knew what spergin morlock was saying and i empty quoted the post anyway. mad?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

more range time buddy, try again next time

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.
I mean, they were going to murder him regardless...

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

but maybe they were well-actuallying the victim of police oppression and planned murder, in which case yeah gently caress ‘em

it's this. people in this thread need to learn to read lol

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Spergin Morlock posted:

takes a lot of the fun out of it, tbqh

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

if you read posts you've already lost the battle

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

tristeham posted:

I'm learning this more and more as time goes on

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

the victim shooting in any way means that the cops are getting totally off the hook

the cops are getting totally off the hook no matter what like 999 times out of 1000. more.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Oldest Man posted:

the cops are getting totally off the hook no matter what like 999 times out of 1000. more.

yeah but sometimes the family gets money from the city even though the cops just get some paid vacation. no chance here

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

tristeham posted:

Just look at avatars and react

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

my avatar is how i scroll c-spam, eyes glazed over like so many ribs

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

my avatar is how i scroll c-spam, eyes glazed over like so many ribs

oh you post from prison?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

rib kid innocent

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

Spergin Morlock posted:

Learn how to articulate yourself more clearly.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

nudejedi posted:

Learn how to articulate yourself more clearly.

At no point did I defend the idea of a gang squad trailing a guy around in the hope of gaining a pretext to kill him. You may step down from your high horse now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
Me, an edrurite, sophisticated cspammer, " based on my knowledge of previous situations, the cops will get away with this".

You, shaking with anger, frothing at the mouth "Hey! That guy wants the cops to get away with this!"

The mods, smiling gently, all is right in the forum.