Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

SorePotato posted:

I read it and I liked your story, thank you for sharing. I think you should shoot that guy

posting this story for no reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW0W9rcQ3kU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

https://twitter.com/RecreationalAn1/status/1621975149670174720?t=08i9rBk8TsrKjg7vX8UIcQ&s=19

the answer is 1950 and the liberal softie warden was a general in the usmc during wwii

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

everyone in uvalde already showed that they had no balls, so it appears it'll keep them from getting rowdy at least

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

some good news: my state (CT) made it illegal to use confessions brought about by lies or coercion. since all cops do is lie and coerce, no confession can be used. huzzah!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

500excf type r posted:

Also banned "incredibly dangerous" delta 8 and have goon squads raiding headshops for bath bombs

ah gently caress. that sucks. liiiiiiiiibs! :argh:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

a dude in texas was going to puck up breakfast for his four kids. dude has a similar name to a person with a warrant. you'll never guess what happens!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pub...-crime-suspect/

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

police are critically short staffed. they should be allowed to pressgang civilians until they have the manpower they need imo

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Platystemon posted:

I hope that he’s set up well with commissary funds.

i had a buddy that was in federal lock-up until this fall. i sent him some commissary money last year for christmas and it was more of a pain in the rear end than i would have expected as i had to mail a check (or money order? I think it was a money order) to des moines with all his info and they let the people in california know that inmate # whatever had money added.

the good news is at least there wasn't some private third party taking a 25% commission or some poo poo, but it's kind of a pain in the rear end to put money on someone's account in the federal system. i guess, i hope the stabby guy's benefactors don't mind going to the post office for a money order and poo poo

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

Gotta say, it really surprises me that commissary doesn't have a 3rd party middleman skimming a processing fee. Maybe because there's actual liability in handling the cash vs just replacing access to books or inserting your company into visitation and phonecalls.

right? even more surprising was his facility had free phone calls for the duration of at least the covid pandemic. i was shocked that the feds running their own facility hadn't had any third parties leech on yet to extract profit everywhere they could. my buddy sent me a copy of the commissary list and things weren't super cheap, but they weren't being gouged in the way that i thought they would be

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

in the u.s., only my home state of NH and Virginia (iirc) don't have insurance requirements. VA seems weird not to have insurance requirements though because all ive heard about the place is troopers live to ticket people for bullshit way above and beyond "normal" places, excepting those southern towns with 420 people and 69 cops who issue $8 million in citations a year

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

lmao holy poo poo that's evil. broke and can't afford insurance? pay this fee, which is enough to cover a year's worth of liability, or 6 months of comprehensive or lose the ability to legally drive to work

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Rolling a 4th grader in to the court room in the Hannibal Lecter cart with the face mask. "A hall monitor once tried to test me. I ate his cookies with some french fries and a nice kool-aid."

lmao

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

speaking of schools and cops, the police have entered the "hunting for library books" phase. this is in western massachsetts. biden won the town 83% to 16%

https://www.berkshireeagle.com/news...3ff1c1b9dd.html

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

a man in california was arrested for failure to appear. he was HIV+, and the cops and the associated jail hospital denied him his antiretroviral drugs, which his mom sent with the cops when they arrested the man. he died from shingles, contracted at the jail, two months later. he was 38

https://www.poz.com/article/man-allegedly-died-denied-hiv-meds-california-jail

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

speaking of bodycam footage, the public doesn't have ownership of bodycams in NC. a muslim family raided by cops want the footage released. a judge said no to releasing that footage under the auspices of "too much time has passed and there's no public interest."

the address raided was on the warrant, but the person they were after has no relationship with the family that lives there

https://www.wral.com/story/judge-raleigh-police-don-t-have-to-release-body-cam-video-of-raid-of-wrong-house/21352074/

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

my avatar is how i scroll c-spam, eyes glazed over like so many ribs

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

rib kid innocent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

genuinely thank you for pointing out in bold the "month" part because my brain didn't register that as a possibility because why would it? jesus christ