Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Your undefeated San Diego State Aztecs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welwala harris
Jan 28, 2005
Rattler has no business starting a game again, but the reaction from the crowd in Norman next week if he steps on the field could definitely justify giving him a chance

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Fsu very concerned someone might notice how they refused to turn on the money printer for jumbo and ever since they've crashed to the worst everything in school history.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Gig……

………..

……….’Em.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Are we just an LSU win away from a proper SECW Circle of Suck?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a faint glimmer of hope begins to shine on ol rocky top

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Reminder that Michigan State was the first team in the country to become bowl eligible

https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/1446904573067624452

https://twitter.com/MichiganStOnBTN/status/1446905287126884352

Kenneth Walker III for Heisman

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Blue Raider posted:

Oh no

Don't do this to yourself

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Thoughts an musings:
We were down 15 starters and still went in to Jordan Hare and won, even if the game was closer I'd still feel good about it. We were down like 6WRS and 2 rotational defensive players. One of our safeties (I think) ended up being a walk-on who then ended up leading the defense with 6 overall tackles. Wild. We were happy to give up yards but did an excellent job at bucking down when we absolutely had to.

Tank Bigsby is a grown-rear end-man. The Bo Nix experience is still confusing. I think one of the biggest things is every ball he throws is a million miles an hour, so WRs, TEs, and RBs were just dropping passes that could have helped Auburn make big plays.

Stetson is cool and gonna end up a legend in Athens with how he has filled in. Ladd Mconkey is a cool dude and probably was a diamond in the rough WR and I'm glad he is our madd ladd. Anyway, @ UGA against Kentucky next week for control of the East, who would have though that to be at all the way the season would go? It is like a baby 2007.

E: Also Harsin taking all the time outs with like, a minute on the clock down 22 points looks lame. Glad Kirby took a shot on 4th down and wish the WR kept track just so we could rub some more salt in the wound.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kloaked00 posted:

Reminder that Michigan State was the first team in the country to become bowl eligible

https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/1446904573067624452

https://twitter.com/MichiganStOnBTN/status/1446905287126884352

Kenneth Walker III for Heisman

Let’s get that Spitoon back baby

This season’s offense seems to have more explosive plays than during Dantonio’s entire tenure. Certainly more than the Bollman/Warner era anyway.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 10, 2021

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Alabama lost because Saban doesn’t know you call timeouts before the half to let your punt team get a block or return for a field goal because he has never been in a close game.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I miss playing ncaa football with all the neat rivalry games. Remember when they had the relive classic iconic moments in football history?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Alabama lost because Saban doesn’t know you call timeouts before the half to let your punt team get a block or return for a field goal because he has never been in a close game.
Yeah I thought that was an oddly rigid answer at the half about how timeouts are for when you actually have the ball. But they're rarely losing for long

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Well Wisconsin proved they could still beat bad teams. Wasn't confident about that since they haven't been even competitive with good teams. Braelon Allen is a drat stud, he should be RB1 going forward. Still can't believe he's 17 and should be a senior this year. My son's team played Allen's high school team this year, the team he was supposed to be playing for and I can't imagine my son and his teammates trying to tackle him.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
rank Kentucky #1 imo

Levis completing 80% and accounting for 5 tds is even sweeter because ped state lost without him lmao

get hosed franklin

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Penn State's going to go from playoff contender and dominating Iowa through 1.5 quarters to ending 5-7 if Clifford doesn't come back

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol wvu is really bad :(

Better than VT :(

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Looks like I sent a bunch of all caps texts to friends and co-workers last night that all read "GET hosed BAMA". I don't really remember doing this and I wasn't drinking last night.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Komet posted:

Penn State's going to go from playoff contender and dominating Iowa through 1.5 quarters to ending 5-7 if Clifford doesn't come back

The transfer portal is gonna impact a lot teams in this way.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Go Vols. I’m looking forward to next week’s game with Ole Miss. also gently caress Bama

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Blue Raider posted:

Tennessee is a worse team talent-wise after a ton of attrition from last year but they’re a better team overall. The players actually seem to give a poo poo and play their asses off and Heupel is just such a better coach than Pruitt (which really may not being saying a whole lot). I didn’t have a ton of hope for him, I figured he’d be a decent coach, not screw anything up and get us through whatever sanctions, if any, are coming. The team looks better every week and I’m glad to see that he can actually make decisions like “oh this QB (Milton) sucks let’s try another guy”. After last year I wasn’t sure that was a thing you could do.

Tim Banks has also been surprising as DC. I thought our defense was going to be so much worse than it is. There’s still a ton of holes but he’s doing well with what he has.

Any before anyone jumps on this I’m not saying we’re gonna beat Bama or UGA and hell there might only be 2 wins left on our schedule but that means a bowl game and before the season started probably nobody thought that was gonna happen.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Some bad play calling by Bill O. Hindsight is 20/20 I know but not running on a gassed A&M D in the red zone was weird. But it makes for an interesting Saturday so :toot:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I absolutely see Tennessee upsetting Ole Miss or Kentucky or both.

This isn't the NFL where anyone can win any given game, but in the SEC when you can score, you can win.

If the University of Tennessee ends this season with a winning record, put up a fuckin' statue of Heup.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Nebraska lost to another ranked team by 3 last night. Tough loss, but the team seems like they’ve turned a corner. Wild to think we could be 6-1, with a loss to Illinois (lol) and wins against OU, MSU and Michigan. We lost those three by a combined 13pts. Still a chance to make a bowl game, which will I hope this team can earn. You could hear the stadium across town. It was rockin.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Soul Glo posted:

I absolutely see Tennessee upsetting Ole Miss or Kentucky or both.

This isn't the NFL where anyone can win any given game, but in the SEC when you can score, you can win.

If the University of Tennessee ends this season with a winning record, put up a fuckin' statue of Heup.

Well yeah for sure but I was just saying “guaranteed” wins in South Alabama and Vandy. We could go 4-2 but just as easily go 2-4. Going 8-4 on the year and beating two ranked teams would be a huge success, though.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Regnevelc posted:

The transfer portal is gonna impact a lot teams in this way.

I'm not sure what a team can do to keep a serviceable backup around. Both guys backing Clifford up left. Of course the number 2 guy is going to stink when he is effectively a number 3 guy.

Even after sleeping, it is just so frustrating that you have to play two thirds of the game with no offense, pinned down with literally impossible field position, and an offense giving the defense no rest and still almost win.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Well yeah for sure but I was just saying “guaranteed” wins in South Alabama and Vandy. We could go 4-2 but just as easily go 2-4. Going 8-4 on the year and beating two ranked teams would be a huge success, though.

I honestly don’t know how y’all lost to this UF team.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

hotty toddy

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

That didn't make a lick of sense, and he doddered about at halftime when asked about it.

In conclusion, Bama is going to win every other game by 70

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
New rankings get announced at 2 eastern, right?

downout
Jul 6, 2009

What was up with iowa fans booing PSU injuries? That was pretty weird and kind of lovely.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Penalties, stupid mistakes, overthrown receivers, receivers dropping balls the game had it all!!

I think if we replay that game today Tennessee probably wins or it’s at least a lot closer. It really feels like a different team. There were 10 penalties in that game and they’ve committed 4 in the two games since.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Tuscaloosa's Deontay Wilder lost his heavyweight title fight last night, too. Bad day for T-town.

LeeMajors posted:

This same UF team also played UK close on the road despite a billion penalties. They're decent.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

downout posted:

What was up with iowa fans booing PSU injuries? That was pretty weird and kind of lovely.

The announcers talked about it but basically every single time Iowa made a big play a Penn State guy would be down and needing attention

I do not think it was intentional but in a stadium of tens of thousands some are gonna be convinced its a ploy

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

downout posted:

90% of football fans are awful.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bill O and bad play calling go together like PB&J. Glad someone else finally got Houston’s Lament.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LLCoolJD posted:

Tuscaloosa's Deontay Wilder lost his heavyweight title fight last night, too. Bad day for T-town.

Hell of a fight though, if you like big guys throwing bombs at each other and get a chance check out the replay.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

notes:
-texas a&m finally gets over the hump in the one year where they've guaranteed that they will not be playing for a natty or a conference title
-thoughts and prayers for scionix, don't think this weekend could've gone worse for him
-is it possible to think nebraska should have fired scott frost after week 1 but definitely shouldn't now?
-you are legally obligated to rank kentucky #1 if they win against georgia, i don't make the rules
-if georgia loses and lsu wins we are officially in 2007 territory and a wacky-rear end finish the rest of the way

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

fast cars loose anus posted:

The announcers talked about it but basically every single time Iowa made a big play a Penn State guy would be down and needing attention

I do not think it was intentional but in a stadium of tens of thousands some are gonna be convinced its a ploy

Two of them were starters that never came back, which would make it one perplexing ploy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
tOSU wins out loses to Iowa in championship game still makes playoff with two losses get hosed
Edit: Alabama beats Georgia twice Georgia Alabama OSU and maybe one of Cincinnati if OSU wins out.

Majik Ninja fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Oct 10, 2021