Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I can’t decide which 4th quarter tie game is more baffling. On the one hand I think the talent gap is way bigger between Oregon and Cal but on the other hand Jesus Christ 6-6

edit: I can’t believe Oregon is still in the top 10 after last week’s pants-making GBS threads

edit2: I can’t believe they might poo poo their pants again

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Oct 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
1st down and 3 is a new one

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I was stuck at work and had to peice together the oregon game from the gamecast. It looks like Oregon won despite their own best efforts, is that an accurate assessment?

edit: lol cal might send this into overtime for a hilarious revisit of the stanford game

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Very excited for the tying play on an untimed final down

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
This red zone chance for Cal might be the worst I’ve ever seen

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Oregon is not a top 10 team, UCLA ought to pick them apart next week

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Oregon will/should absolutely drop a few spots in the rankings unless absolute anarchy happens in the top 8.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Kinda pathetic not to score with 1st & 3 at the 5

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Zoran posted:

Kinda pathetic not to score with 1st & 3 at the 5

It took Cal 4 downs to convert the 1st and 3, which they did. They had chances after that (not sure why they spiked instead of using a timeout but thanks for the down).

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

The icing succeeds for the Aztecs

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
SDSU/SJSU goes into overtime, and probably at least 3OTs.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

DC Murderverse posted:

Oregon is not a top 10 team, UCLA ought to pick them apart next week

I hate to break it to you but UCLA is not good either, probably on par with Cal tbh. Not saying they won't win, but, well, see the thread title.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

dphi posted:

I hate to break it to you but UCLA is not good either, probably on par with Cal tbh. Not saying they won't win, but, well, see the thread title.

Cal is trash, UCLA is probably top 3 in the Pac this year, at the very least on par with Stanford

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I am in hell

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

DC Murderverse posted:

Cal is trash, UCLA is probably top 3 in the Pac this year, at the very least on par with Stanford

Ooof. That bad eh?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1449240789138087940

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Kirk Ferentz is gonna wake up to 5 different people having emailed him this video

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Since he’s standing two yards deep in the end zone it’s more like 95.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Oregon just seems very underwhelming on the field, for the amount of talent that they have

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Florida are 12.5 point favorites, according to ESPN. Seems generous to me.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LLCoolJD posted:

Florida are 12.5 point favorites, according to ESPN. Seems generous to me.

It hit 13 at one point. It opened around 11 and has moved quite a bit as more LSU dudes have been reported out for the game.

Their defense is apparently very short handed.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
If you're looking for easy money, A&M is somehow only -9 against Mizzou.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
In point spread talk Nebraska is 3.5 point favorites at Minnesota, which seems fine and Nebraska should probably be favored by more.

But picking Nebraska in any game as a favorite is so hard to do. And on the road, although that's generally mitigated by the whole Nebraska thing. This is purely pickem chat for me, no way I get near putting actual money down on any of this.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

It was around this time in 2012 when Chizik stopped losing games and started REALLY losing them; Gators by 3 TDs IMO.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Mike_V posted:

Ole Miss is currently -1.5 against Tennessee. My Battered Vol Syndrome is telling me they’re gonna cover that.

I think it’ll be a fun high scoring game but I don’t think we win it.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

It was around this time in 2012 when Chizik stopped losing games and started REALLY losing them; Gators by 3 TDs IMO.

On the flip side how great would it be to see Florida get housed? Similar to Florida thinking it would be great for Kentucky to hit us with the upset

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Somebody make a gameday thread so I can give you my thoughts on WIldcats, Cowboys, and Sooners.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Ole Miss is currently -1.5 against Tennessee. My Battered Vol Syndrome is telling me they’re gonna cover that.

I think it’ll be a fun high scoring game but I don’t think we win it.

some of the stats/predictive models like tennessee straight up in that game. lines have moved heavily toward tennessee in the last 48 hours or so

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Thoguh posted:

Somebody make a gameday thread so I can give you my thoughts on WIldcats, Cowboys, and Sooners.

Be the change you want to see

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Minnesota rockin the Goldie helms today :mmmhmm:

https://twitter.com/GopherFootball/status/1449344629824962560?t=A6jExMePLZTuYzAjgwQ87A&s=19

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

KKKLIP ART posted:

Be the change you want to see

:hmmyes:

But also most people seem to be phone posters these days and you cant make threads with the app for whatever reason so:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982209

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Grittybeard posted:

In point spread talk Nebraska is 3.5 point favorites at Minnesota, which seems fine and Nebraska should probably be favored by more.

But picking Nebraska in any game as a favorite is so hard to do. And on the road, although that's generally mitigated by the whole Nebraska thing. This is purely pickem chat for me, no way I get near putting actual money down on any of this.

Minnesota is gonna win this game. Nebraska was still bitching about being screwed vs Michigan yesterday.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Apparently others had this idea as well.

https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1449401358218502148

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

G-Hawk posted:

some of the stats/predictive models like tennessee straight up in that game. lines have moved heavily toward tennessee in the last 48 hours or so

I just read that it’s flipped to us

Rebs by 20

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

hahaha these rule

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Mike_V posted:

I mean, A&M has been rear end all season except for that inexplicable game last week against Alabama. I definitely wouldn't consider any bet on A&M to win to be "easy money"

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

DrunkPanda posted:

I mean, A&M has been rear end all season except for that inexplicable game last week against Alabama. I definitely wouldn't consider any bet on A&M to win to be "easy money"

It seems to be bearing out so far

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Missouri has an absolute rear end defense. Anyone can hang points on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

G-Hawk posted:

Missouri has an absolute rear end defense. Anyone can hang points on them

We have some visible evidence going on right now.