Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kloaked00 posted:

Reminder that Michigan State was the first team in the country to become bowl eligible

https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/1446904573067624452

https://twitter.com/MichiganStOnBTN/status/1446905287126884352

Kenneth Walker III for Heisman

Let’s get that Spitoon back baby

This season’s offense seems to have more explosive plays than during Dantonio’s entire tenure. Certainly more than the Bollman/Warner era anyway.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

downout posted:

What was up with iowa fans booing PSU injuries? That was pretty weird and kind of lovely.

90% of football fans are awful.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Talking to my dad after the win last night and I realized that he had never seen a 6-0 Kentucky team before now either. That 1950 team only had one loss (:argh: Tennessee), won the SEC, and beat Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl.

I have no delusions about beating Georgia on the road. The offense did finally show some signs of life again last night, which is encouraging moving forward. I'll be happy if they score an offensive touchdown, that seems to be quite the feat to accomplish against Georgia this year. The question is can the defense keep doing what they've been doing on the road.

Here's a question, would GameDay go back to Athens after being there 2 weeks ago? This should be another top 10 matchup, but they just passed on one this week because they were at Iowa recently. Looking at the schedule I'm not sure if there's much more out there all that appealing.

They probably wouldn't go back so soon but next week does look pretty rough. If UCF were a bit better I'd send them to Cincinnati.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

KKKLIP ART posted:

When do they normally announce where Gameday is going? What else is a compelling matchup?

Today at some point. It's a really uninteresting week on paper.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/1447258094518538248?t=BUGS9yjJI2E5IuHeljE83Q&s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
MSU will probably finish 9-3 but entering this season I would've been thrilled with 6-6, so I'll take a 6-0 top 10 start even if the schedule has been soft.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I feel like Oklahoma State is the least talked about undefeated team in the country. Have they played anybody with a pulse?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jim Harbaugh could not adjust to Rocky Lombardi, one of the worst QBs in the country, repeatedly chucking it deep last year.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I think 2019 is when they were forced to start a wide receiver at QB so that’s why they just stopped passing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
You can enter the portal and come back anyway. Not that I would expect that from a QB who’s supposed to have NFL talent and lost his job to a younger player.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Since he’s standing two yards deep in the end zone it’s more like 95.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Gotta get over the Ohio State hump first, which they've only managed twice(?) in those 17 years.

Actually now I'm trying to remember why they didn't win the conference in 2011, that first year with Brady Hoke where they went 11-1 and had that rare win vs Ohio State. I assume they lost to Wisconsin or something.

They were 10-2 and lost to MSU and Iowa. That MSU team won the division and lost to Wisconsin in the title game because of a roughing the punter penalty. Then Michigan went to the Sugar Bowl and we were salty about getting sent to the Outback.