Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

MourningView posted:

Well that feels like ignoring what I posted!

Fans didn't know the exact yards per play but they can see that it happened a bunch of times after Iowa had gained 10+ yards and only seemed to be happening then, it's a big difference from what our offense normally does. Again I don't know why Penn State would do that against Iowa of all teams maybe they're doing it against faster teams and just kept doing to anyway out of habit or maybe it's just coincidence. I would not have booed personally because I don't really want to boo an actual injured kid and it's not like it was really hurting what Iowa wants to do. And obviously some of the injuries were real and costly for PSU. But it's still hard not to notice when so many if them were the "lay down until you get to the timeout then jump up, run to the sideline, and come back a play later" variety and when all of those happened right after a big play.

Going into the year without an idea for "what happens when it's too loud to hear clapping" when you play at Camp Randall, Kinnick, and Ohio Stadium seems like a bad idea. This might have been the loudest I have heard kinnick but it's not exactly shocking that it would get very loud and rowdy there.

I think the last one in particular was pretty galling. Penn State's corner was just sitting up with his legs in front of him, the trainers didn't appear to check or ambulate any limbs, he gets up and trots off, back in two plays. Even Kirk was yelling at the refs for that one. Probably telling them they needed to assess a timeout.

And ya, getting lectured about anything by Penn State fans is more than I'm willing to take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Watching a Penn State affiliated recap that's 45 minutes of copium and 15 minutes of spittle-filled anger at Iowa booing Penn State having an injury after every 10+ yard play.

It's delicious.

Pook Good Mook fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 11, 2021

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Neil Armbong posted:

I didn’t realize Brian Ferentz was Iowa oc. That side of the ball is… not good and was hard to watch.

The O Line is one great center and 4 young guys. That's 75% of the problem. Petras really isn't as bad as message boards act, he can make strong throws, the plays just develop too slowly and he is coached to never force throws.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Neil Armbong posted:

I held back on saying anything about Petras… but woof. Painful to watch him scramble, the slowest qb I can remember watching in a while and so many balls just thrown away.

His play stood out as incredibly safe and boring.

He will never singlehandedly lose a game, but he won't win one either. With a team built like Iowa, that's been good enough. It's really a shame the O line is the way it is, the offense could be so dynamic.

I am personally exasperated watching him, but I don't blame him exclusively, and I don't dislike him like some people do. Could be worse.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

"Go for it" territory is exactly the same as "Tory Taylor is going to drop the punt at the 4" territory, and Kirk trusts the defense/special teams more than the offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Kirios posted:

Name one bigger fraud in NCAA history than Iowa.

Iowa State