Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

TipTow posted:

For real I feel extremely bad about Rattler, there's video floating around of him walking alone to the locker room yesterday when the whole team is still on the field celebrating.

He's a good QB, just not good enough for the loving insane expectations that have been built up at OU over the past decade and a half. I'd probably pout if I got benched only for a true freshman to lead the single greatest comeback in the history of one of the most storied rivalries in all of American sport, too.

He’s not a good qb. Much like Texas defense is not good. Can’t tackle and the secondary blows coverage spectacularly right when the team needs it least.

Offense has some promising future talent, but this team won’t win a big game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug
I didn’t realize Brian Ferentz was Iowa oc. That side of the ball is… not good and was hard to watch.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Pook Good Mook posted:

The O Line is one great center and 4 young guys. That's 75% of the problem. Petras really isn't as bad as message boards act, he can make strong throws, the plays just develop too slowly and he is coached to never force throws.

I held back on saying anything about Petras… but woof. Painful to watch him scramble, the slowest qb I can remember watching in a while and so many balls just thrown away.

His play stood out as incredibly safe and boring.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

TipTow posted:

Yeah, that was one of the stories on local Oklahoma sports radio yesterday. Usually the athletic department has people--most often students--stand in strategic places around campus where the practice field is visible to "discourage" people from observing. It's fall break, so the ops were gone, and some reporters from the school paper were able to spy. Whoopsie!

Imagine listening to fake football cops.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Troy Queef posted:

I’m headed to Austin this weekend, what were the (non-Salt Lick, that’s played out) BBQ/food recs from this thread again?

Tacos:
- la tunita
- veracruz

BBQ
- la barbecue
- mickelthwait's

Italian
- patrizi's

ramen
- tatsuya
- sazan

Bougie
- uchiko
- barley swine
- odd duck

Breweries/beer gartens
- easy tiger
- zilker brewing

TexMex
- matt's el rancho

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 14, 2021

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

TipTow posted:

I've had Chuy's in DFW and wasn't impressed. But maybe the OG location/s are better? There's a pizza chain called Hideaway sprawling through Oklahoma and Arkansas now, original is in Stillwater and it's still the best (recommend any Hideaway though, poo poo's good)

yeah, it's nothing special and no, they're all the same. but lmk what kind of food you're hoping to have Troy Queef and I can give you a recommendation.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

MourningView posted:

The two Neil mentioned were my favorites but I liked Blacks a lot

Black's and Terry Black's are also great! if you can drive out to Lockhart to eat the trinity out there, they're also great. The list is no way exhaustive, just places that should all be easy to get to for someone visiting and i'm assuming staying central/downtown.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Mickelthwaits is better on the whole for me anyway, far superior sides and if you get there early enough their in house bread for the sandwiches is next level good.

I'm a fan of their frito pie, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol that Texas collapsed twice in a row

These are harder to watch than blowouts. Sark has now blamed the players two weeks in a row saying it’s a mental thing, that they make a mistake then get in their heads. Not a great look from a coach to take 0 ownership of two epic collapses.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 17, 2021