Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

UF looked underwhelming and sloppy giving up a poo poo ton of first half yards to a hopeless, hapless Vandy squad.

Yes, I'm a big baby whining about a 42-0 shutout but this is a team that can definitely lose to LSU, will be blown out by UGA and could drop a Mizzou or FSU game for maximum embarrassment.

Gators are a better team than they were under Muschamp and McElwain, but I'm a bit disappointed in the overall Mullen experience. His loyalty to sentient Virginia ham at DC and unwillingness to accept responsibility for his own fuckups and shortcomings is wearing super suuuuuuuuper thin.

Luckily for him my opinion means gently caress-all.

Maybe I'm just tired. In general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Well yeah for sure but I was just saying “guaranteed” wins in South Alabama and Vandy. We could go 4-2 but just as easily go 2-4. Going 8-4 on the year and beating two ranked teams would be a huge success, though.

I honestly don’t know how y’all lost to this UF team.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

The current number one team has been starting a three star backup named after a hat for like three weeks now

“Hutson Mason” is the most UGA a name can be but Stetson Bennett is in the ballpark.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

Deacs. All hail the Butt-W

Thicc Forest

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

TheGreyGhost posted:

Honestly, I wonder if we'll actually have any idea how good Georgia is before the conference title game. Is there really any other offense in the SEC that could put actual pressure on Georgia to need scoring short of Alabama? Tennessee is a pure 50/50 gamble based on deep balls, so that's not going to be it. Florida can score but also has a QB who can be baited into bad ideas.

UF only put up 13 on UK, I have no idea how we plan to score points on UGA but I do anticipate 3 or 4 bad picks from Jones.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

Avoiding double digit pre-snap penalties is one idea.

I admire your optimism.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

PostNouveau posted:

He don't post in here as much anymore so I wouldn't take it as a sign that he ain't gotten out of bed since Saturday night or anything like that

He hasn’t been in the fantasy discord either, yelling at us to Kisstharingz so

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Crotchbat left because everyone made fun of him for melting down about Fuente in year one but in hindsight he was right

Yeah :/

In our defense, it was an amazing year-one meltdown.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Time to hope Caleb Williams doesn't suffer a Kenny Trill, KJ Costello correction.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I’m so glad John Lewis bailed on La Barbecue to come to Charleston.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Godzilla07 posted:

that's easily the worst football game I've watched all season

the clock management on that last drive alone is a fireable offense for Dino

Rapid fire timeouts! Run into the teeth of the D on 3rd and 2!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Wrong thread lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Mullen has been outsmarted by Ed Orgeron. Again.

At some point we have to stop calling Mullen smart

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Godzilla07 posted:

I will eat this L as it means Ed Orgeron is more likely to stay in the job that he was born for, Anthony Richardson is probably* Florida's starter going forward, and Florida gets closer to firing Todd Grantham*

* = decisions which are contingent on Dan Mullen

Mullen gets an extension, Jones starts against UGA

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

If you think that Dan Mullen is capable of any self-reflection, go take a look at his post Kentucky game press conference.

Yeah I’m over his poo poo

I’m disappointed in what a deflecting shithead he is.

Own it, try and fix it. Everything else is masturbation.

Instead he makes excuses, blames players and refuses to own up to anything.

He’ll be our coach for awhile and I hope we play good football but that post-UK presser pulled me right off the bus.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

This is because of all those times Florida fans said they’d give anything for a watchable offense during the Muschamp and McElwain years.

Oh there are multiple monkey paws at work right now from my meltdowns over the years. Ultimately college football is bad for my mental health but I can’t quit it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

If he transfers we will have an entirely new staff in two years.

Go for it :toot:

Watching Richardson win a natty and a heisman at OU is going to turn me into the literal joker but oh well

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Dan Mullen's post-game conference was not reassuring. He seemed reluctant to say anything good about Anthony Richardson, and kept talking about "evaluating" (with a focus on personnel, not coaching). Ugh.

Gonna look like LA92 in Jax when Emory Jones trots out on the first drive against UGA.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Man I’m still loving pissed about that game. What an underwhelming showing. AR played his guts out though at least.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

If you want a bright side you're back to caring.

I've gone back to the mild bemusement phase. Sure I'll complain, but it's all just expected now.

It’s going to take a couple more years for me to get used to this. I talk a big apathy game, but I’ve cared the whole time :negative:

Not that that is news to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

R.D. Mangles posted:

yeah, he sure showed them

When The Alamo is a part of your identity, this looks like a win.