Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Get hosed PSU.

Get hosed Bama.

Hail Satan.

Hail Xort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Looks like I sent a bunch of all caps texts to friends and co-workers last night that all read "GET hosed BAMA". I don't really remember doing this and I wasn't drinking last night.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Steele Chambers

Goddamn, that's such a good name.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

whos that broooown posted:

As a fan of a team that won their last title with their 3rd string qb, unironically yes.

I just heard Gus Johnson's voice in my head saying "CAR. DALE. JONES."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I woke up today laughing because Iowa took a knee with two and a half minutes left or whatever just to get one more soul-crushing punt in.

And then I laughed more because Alabama lost to the loving Aggies.

I might enjoy this Monday.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

MourningView posted:

This is like the second intentional safety in the 6-4 game in that it definitely only happened because Kirk Ferentz is incredibly bad at math and game theory but it's much funnier to imagine it as a "gently caress you, you're not moving the ball" to the opposing offense.

Yes, it choose to live in the timeline where Ferentz just slipped another stick of gum into his mouth and said to himself "All according to keikaku."

Then he leaned over to the ref and said "Keikaku means plan."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Farking Bastage posted:

Someone made the joke in the GDT that of all places, Penn State should be able to recognize rhythmic slapping

I made that point, but someone also rightly pointed out that they probably heard it, but were ignoring it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Notorious ZSB posted:

No one really thinks Kentucky will hang with Georgia do they? Do they?

No, but that's not going ng to stop me from screaming "WILDCATS, BITCH! WOOOOO!" every play

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ehud posted:

Avoiding double digit pre-snap penalties is one idea.

Penn State coaching staff is furiously writing this nugget down.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I still prefer the version of this map idea where teams take over the territory of the school they defeated.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

I knew ISU was going to be low on that list because Matt Campbell tends to play things pretty conservatively, and it drives me nuts sometimes. LOL at Iowa at the bottom though. Ferentz never saw a punt opportunity he didn't like.

I bet there were a few good times for Iowa to go for it on Saturday and right when everyone assumed the offense was ready to stay on the field, a dark cloud formed over Kirk's head and he said in like six voices "No. Give me a PUNT."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

That OSU-Sparty game a few years back wasn't quite enough, but mark my words, a Big Ten game will soon have enough punts to spawn a new Chaos god.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Spacemonkey57 posted:

You'll have to be more specific on which 17-16 OSU-Sparty game you mean.

The 2009 Ohio State-Iowa game that decided the conference championship was close. I'll always remember Stewart Mandel's column afterwards, he was just disgusted.

I'm thinking of the one from like 2018? I dunno, time loses meaning. I think Urbz was still in charge.

It was the one where Drue Chrisman was landing balls around the 5 so consistently, Michigan State took an intentional safety on a punt to give themselves better field position after the next OSU punt and Chrisman dropped the ball inside the 5 so Sparty started further back than the intentional safety drive.

It's just burned in my head because I'd never seen a punter named as player the game by the announcing crew, but they had literally no one else they could get highlights of. Just a joyless slog that broke my brain.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

wa27 posted:

Was this the Nebraska game? They talked about it so much I started to think the announcers had some sort of endorsement deal for it.

What would you rather talk about - a two pound burrito, or Nebraska football?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

lol

OU is gonna spend $50 million building themselves an indoor practice facility like Texas has just because of this student reporter

I wanna pop it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm glad these are for the Memphis game so I don't have to root against those rad uniforms on Saturday while screaming about binturongs.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Excited to see either A) A #2 Cincy or B) How the polls screw Cincy.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

All

Frauds

Chaos

Reigns

All frauds except for the mighty Cincinnati Bearcat

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Spacemonkey57 posted:

the year the spot was good

Please use proper capitalization.

Or translate it to latin and redo the calendar with that as Year 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

General Dog posted:

Good on Rolovich for going out with a couple of wins if tonight was indeed his last game.

It turns out that you do not, in fact, gotta hand it to him.