Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

We have a batshit crazy landlady who got upset with me since I wouldn't have the handyman change the lightbulb, because it would have required him to shut the power off while I was teaching a class over zoom. She then pounded on our door and yelled at me for doing this. In response, I said "I don't need this" and closed the door. She gave me a 30 day eviction notice immediately thereafter and I threatened to "call my lawyer."

Since that day, she has put up printouts about domestic abuse all over her house. She also deliberately parked in my parking space after I left to go to Safeway, and did the same to my girlfriend when she left the unit in her own car. When my girlfriend got home, she recorded a conversation the landlady was having with her friend in which she bragged that she called the sheriff and had video of me attacking both her and the handyman. She even bragged that she figured out the school where I worked and would call them to say that I was a "violent person."

Anyhow, my guess is that this was something she made up over the phone because she thought my girlfriend might be listening, since she was right near our unit when she was calling her friend. Nevertheless, if she's actually crazy enough to edit a video of herself getting attacked by somebody, I wouldn't want anything to happen to me. What are my best options right now? My girlfriend recorded the conversation of her "plan" to call the sheriff, so I wonder if I have grounds to claim harassment/intimidation or anything of the sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU