Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
The sea is where its at.

The deepest oceans, the vastest earthly expanses of water.

Seems everyone is too scared for that, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
pity reply

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Pity to those who cant refute up my argument, sure.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
THey know whats in the sea, they're going into space to get farther away from this guy

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
This reminds me of those ripoffs of space movies or tv shows "except in the ocean so it's better" like SeaQuest or Leviathan.

Not exactly helpful for your case.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
There's too much pressure, no one wants to go.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
What the heck am I supposed to do when I get to the bottom? Seems boring

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
gently caress yeah. No one will ever be badass like Captain Nemo :mad:

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

This reminds me of those ripoffs of space movies or tv shows "except in the ocean so it's better" like SeaQuest or Leviathan.

Not exactly helpful for your case.

Yeah they existed to pat the back of cowards

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm here for you. All these star gazing idiots can look up at the sky and their lovely dead space lights and dumb pointless planets and go "Ooh wouldn't it be cool if we could do something with that", loving make-a-wish fantasy horseshit you're not going to space so who the hell cares? Buh buh buh telecommunication! Satellites and poo poo!! Yeah sweet do you see where that's gotten us politically? Space causes nazis and if popular media is to be believed will harbour them too.

You know what is right here and available for anyone to enjoy, which you can interact with and explore with nothing more than your lungs and the determination to do so? Yeah bitch it's the sea. Our planet is more of it than land and guess what? You'll interact with more sea than your proletariat rear end ever will get to with space. You can see the amazing diverse ecosystem that exists in its own little reality and all the cute seahorses and turtles and amazing sharks and funny crabs are there living their tiny lives. Here's what we do to them: poo poo all over them and ruin it. Whales are one of this planet's greatest marvels and we can't even protect them right so gently caress it, even if I cared about space why the hell should we deserve it?

Oh yeah and if you like space you're automatically lumped in with Elon Musk worshippers and when the sea rises to claim our wretched lives you'll be surrounded by people saluting our guffawing oppressors blasting themselves out into the empty void of the stars, cheering as we drown

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Space and the sea aren't in, like, a competition with each other or anything

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Some really stupid people have decided they are.

If it wasn't for Space we would've found Atlantis, be riding living Megalodons, and built floating cities on "The Bloop" by now.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Space: Im basically a drone controlled by ground control and I float around and come home

The Ocean: I will die at any minute

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Heh

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want more Colossal squid adventures featuring the Moby dick.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Bismuth posted:

THey know whats in the sea, they're going into space to get farther away from this guy

Sorry friend, that is Salacious Crumb, he actually lives in space.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

UNDAH DA SEA

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

loving centrist

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Boner M posted:

The sea is where its at.

The deepest oceans, the vastest earthly expanses of water.

Seems everyone is too scared for that, though.

I cant decide whether this post would be better keelhauled, sunk to the bottom of the ocean, or shot into the infinite blackness of space or the sun.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

BigBadSteve posted:

I cant decide whether this post would be better keelhauled, sunk to the bottom of the ocean, or shot into the infinite blackness of space or the sun.

Send me to the sea, with the beasts and the darkness and the lost wisdom of humanity...at least I wont be a coward.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sea sucks, you gotta drill holes underground instead.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Colonel Cancer posted:

Sea sucks, you gotta drill holes underground instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMebLhTvXOc

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

YES THEY loving ARE! :catstare:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

This is how bioshock happens

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Yeah there's a sick concert 9 miles down and you're invited if you BYOD

naem
May 29, 2011

the ocean = earths toilet

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Whales poo poo and piss in there

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
The ocean is in space

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
On the other hand space is too big and far away for us to gently caress up. At this point the Marianas trench is half full of used condoms and Red Bull cans.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

space is a sea of stars you're making no drat sense op get it together

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Whales are basically the Crystal Entities of the sea, swimming around with their mouth open killing millions. Picard or Nemo or whoever should stop thinking about rules and torpedo them all asap

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Throw our garbage in space

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I call my butt crack the Mariana Trench, because there are worms in there that live off my thermal venting.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

As long as you're not in with those jerks from pod 6, the sea is where it's at.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Pimpcasso posted:

Throw our garbage in space

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooB5iIqZnB0

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
The closest potentially habitable exoplanet is like 20 light years away. A better use of resources would be to launch predatory capitalists directly into the sun.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I don't this you should build anything on The Bloop idk if they would like it

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
We always see these deep sea critures up on the surface and they are either dead or on their way to death. They just aren't used to surviving at this kind of pressure and in actuality arent so blobby and black and fangorious.

It's a little like being dragged out of bed by your feet and you haven't put on any makeup. I assure you, these creatures are beautoful starlets much like Cary Grant or Lauren Bacall, just not at this depth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I am the Ocean Mother. My dark palace awaits in the deepest waters when you see the end and keep going. When nothing exists then my everything does.

There is no water, or air, or light in my palace. It exists to consume you. In this place you will fall into yourself, collapsing and expanding at once. The truest part of the deepest waters is the essence of space. It consumes all and it eternally exists within that space and every other space. Every inch of the ocean is every inch of space, a reflection of itself.

The ocean is not worse or better than space. They are one and the same. They are where we are forced together and torn apart, lonely in close proximity forever.

You can't escape it. It consumes. It beckons. And it will become you.

Just like YO MAMA!