Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I haven't seen a Mars bar* in years.

*for non-USAans, nougat, caramel, and almonds, coated in chocolate which you will sneer at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I concur El Monterey brand in general seems to have been hit hard!

The good value pack of 14 breakfast burritos from BJs is gone but the overpriced 8 at Publix is readily available.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The company I work for sells commercial equipment and the associated supplies and boy howdy the supply chain is proper hosed right now for us

Multiple vendors just unable to supply anything because all the product is sitting in containers off California for months

poo poo sucks rip

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I buy senior bisque for my elderly cat and mix it into his Fancy Feast (my other toothless cat appreciates it, too) to keep them happy and healthy. It’s a random occurrence, sometimes the shelf will have it, sometimes the shelf is bare and I have to piecemeal other single bisque-like additives that aren’t in a box of 12 like the senior bisque is. It seems to be that way with a lot of cat treats and food. Sometimes they’ve got it, sometimes they don’t.

I also work in maintenance, and we get a lot of stuff at Lowe’s and Home Depot. The worst item they don’t have at all is appliances. Everything is on back order or has to be shipped if we need a fridge or a stove right that day. It sucks butts.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Extra large condoms

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

RC Cola makes a mountain dew knock-off called Ski and it's basically crack cocaine in soda form, very hit or miss to find though :(

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Before everything went to poo poo I would always have a pack of diet ginger ale in my fridge but apparently ginger or aluminum or carbonation is in short supply now.

Might be getting a gun soon given where this is heading. :thunk:

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
BRITISH STEEL!

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Most items are still on the shelves for me but the quality of the produce has gone way down with lettuce, broccoli, etc just rotting on the shelves

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Chinatown posted:

Before everything went to poo poo I would always have a pack of diet ginger ale in my fridge but apparently ginger or aluminum or carbonation is in short supply now.

Might be getting a gun soon given where this is heading. :thunk:

2022 will be known as the start of the diet ginger ale wars

Mark these words

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I got a quote for two garage doors at work a couple weeks ago, March 2022 lead time.

Need to build a steel welding table, there is no steel plate available in my entire state over 1/4” thick.

We have a facility in Hawaii that needed a particular size of steel shaft. It’s not a really common size but still never been an issue finding it. We could not find any anywhere on the entire west coast.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

RepeatingMeme posted:

Most items are still on the shelves for me but the quality of the produce has gone way down with lettuce, broccoli, etc just rotting on the shelves

Yeah, I had a couple weeks last summer where all the onions were like this

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Haven't noticed much in the way of food or consumables, but tools, mechanical parts, computer parts I've tried to get in the last 2 months are RIP. Haven't been able to find the replacement chainsaw chain I need and I've been looking for since June, and it took almost 3 months to get the TCM on my car replaced.

I went to Home Depot yesterday and not only did they not have any of the items I needed, but their aisles were full of bins of just...cheap junk that looks like it came straight from an amazon warehouse. Like huge crates of $2 crap all throughout the store.

Oh I forgot, they were OUT of paint. At Home Depot lol. They had some spraypaint cans and assorted colors of premixed stuff, but couldn't mix anything for you.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

everything op

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Western Digital SN850 M.2 SSD w/heat sink hard to find since Sony opened the PS5 to additional internal storage.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i am now supplying all parts needed in this thread at a huge markup. 500% or more. message me for details if you want to buy a $90 potato.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

At the stores I shop at (middle part of Virginia).

Tofu has been really hard to find in stock. Last time I was in there only silken was left. Canned sodas are super iffy, the mainstays are almost always in stock (Basic regular and diet colas, base Dr. Pepper and its store brand equivalents, and Mountain Dew) but anything outside of those is either never in stock or disappears almost immediately. Chip aisles are a ghost town. Bread is gone almost as soon as its stocked. Toilet paper is emptying out fast again. As well as the medicine sections. Meat and dairy sections are occasionally spotty.

Concur with others in the thread that produce is generally in stock, but the quality is waaaaay down.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I haven’t had any problems getting what I need. I guess they were out of cocoa krispies last time and I had to get cocoa pebbles instead.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

GolfHole posted:

i am now supplying all parts needed in this thread at a huge markup. 500% or more. message me for details if you want to buy a $90 potato.

lol dollars

i am offering supplies but i accept payment only in screws and base metals

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Rutibex posted:

lol dollars

i am offering supplies but i accept payment only in screws and base metals

Will you take bottle caps?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

McGavin posted:

Will you take bottle caps?

metal and polypropylene caps only

no polyethylene

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

[sobbing] Look at the circles under my eyes. I haven't slept in weeks!

Normal mushrooms for some reason. I don't get it.

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
I live out in the middle of nowhere and all I have without having to drive 30 minutes is a little village store. They don’t have what I need most of the time I go in. I’m not talking some esoteric gourmet item, I mean staples like milk, or butter, or eggs.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
ZERO frozen veggies except potato products and maybe 50 bags of mixed stuff at one of the biggest grocery stores in town, as of last weekend. gas is also really loving expensive right now, $3.40+ for regular. i see random empty shelves here and there at most stores i go to regularly.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Meds.

It's a mix of pharmacies around here cutting hours near universally and shortages.

If they do have your meds, you will have to wait a day or two, which ain't great if you're on something you can't call in early, or something during an emergency like a sudden illness.

I get irritated, but I'm not going to die if most of mine are a bit late. Folks on other things will, though, so I hope they're getting what they need.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

beer gas canister posted:

ZERO frozen veggies except potato products and maybe 50 bags of mixed stuff at one of the biggest grocery stores in town, as of last weekend. gas is also really loving expensive right now, $3.40+ for regular. i see random empty shelves here and there at most stores i go to regularly.

We practically Initial D style drifted into a gas station when we saw it was at $3.09 a gallon the other day, because that's the lowest it's been here.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Grapefruit. I live ~1 block from a grocery store and haven't been able to find a grapefruit for sale there in like 6 months now. For some reason, that just makes me want a grapefruit 20X more.

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 10, 2021

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

GolfHole posted:

I know a guy whose been trying to spread the word in all the anti-vaxxer communities that potatoes are the magic cure for everything. Hemorrhoids? Just stick fingerling potatoes up your rear end, it will cure them. Vaccines? Get the injection and then press a slice of potato to the injection site for 24 hours, it will suck out all the poison.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
The generic off brand/knock off la croix/fizzy water at my local supermarket has been regularly absent to the point where when I do see the flavor I like I have become part of the problem and buy 4 twelve packs right away without a second thought.

I can't find kn95s anywhere locally anymore, just the flimsy paper surgical masks which I'm not sure are as good for folks like me that have to work face to face with the sometimes unmasked, mouth breather as a baseline, general public all day long.

Cheese, beer, and eggs were straight up pillaged through when I went to the store earlier. Had to mix and match to get a dozen in a carton.

The produce section must have been restocked before I went but as others have said about their areas quality is down if quantity is up. Meats and processed meats were also picked through pretty good or just not available.

TP is just fine but I'm starting to see signs of limit 2 per customer around town again.

I also live in a poorer metro area and some of these shortages and quality dips happened to our shops regularly before the pandemic but it's much more noticable now when it happens and much more frequent as well.

None of the above
Nov 5, 2009
Chicken wings in the meat section.
Plenty of chicken breasts, tons of drumsticks, but not a single packet of wing sections to be seen.

Also, ice cream that isn't some weird niche flavor.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Not really anything that's missing, I just hate that I don't live near a Trader Joe's anymore.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

AngryRobotsInc posted:

We practically Initial D style drifted into a gas station when we saw it was at $3.09 a gallon the other day, because that's the lowest it's been here.

I bought a hybrid car back in August. That combined with working from home has slashed my gas costs and it's amazing.

As for shortages, nothing of real note. It's more of the prices increasing that suck. Steaks at the grocery store have gone up by 3 or 4 bucks a pound, which is the most notable increase I've noticed.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Can't find those cute little mini pumpkins anywhere. The ones you used to be able to buy for like 80 cents that are the size of your palm. I really wanted some this year.

I also can't find caffeine-free Dr. Pepper anywhere which sucks because it's one of my favorite drinks and I cannot have caffeine for medical reasons :smith:

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

For some improbable reason, Gatorade at my local Harris teeter is in crisis supply

they did a bit on sunday morning today about the supply chain issues, a restaurant owner was complaining that it took forever to get gatorade.

first off who's buyin fuckin gatorade at a diner but still, what's the supply issue there? Is it something to do with the packaging?

also my buddy's dad told him that the price of industrial grade adhesives is up something like 3000% over last year. If that's typical for other commodity-level products, is about to get wild

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
just back from aldi - lots of produce that was moldy/old just sitting in stock. i found all of my usual stuff without issue, except for kiwis because they'd all gone bad

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

My store near by hasn't had Guayaki Yerba Mate in months but maybe they don't carry it anymore. Anyone else seen shortages of that?

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I've been meaning to stop eating beef for a long time and with the price of beef it looks like I've stopped.

I quit smoking the same way. Just got way too expensive.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I've been meaning to stop eating beef for a long time and with the price of beef it looks like I've stopped.

Seriously its pretty nuts. Also the quality of steaks is complete dogshit right now.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I was out of fermented black beans and the asian market is way too much of a hassle to get to for a last minute meal so I tried the Whole Foods hoping they would have something. They had almost NO Chinese stuff in the international section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Wasn't it somebody from here who was just recently showing how they bought 2 steaks here in the US and it was almost $50 for them? For 2. Not at a restaurant.

edit: not as steep as this restaurant here in Portland

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 11, 2021