Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

CSRA area of GA/SC (Augusta GA, Aiken SC):

-cereal is not being restocked anywhere near as fast as it's being bought up
-bread disappears on days that it isn't stocked (sundays, for the most part)
-diet soda is hit or miss. citrus drop and sun drop are completely gone but you can find diet 7 up and diet mtn dew. no diet coke (at least on-brand, you can find some off-brand) either.
-pet food, especially canned cat food, is low stock at a lot of grocery stores but not so much at petco/petsmart, probably due to markup.
-angel soft toilet paper and brawny paper towels are hard to find. paper plates took me four stores to find some last time.
-canned vegetables are medium to low stock depending on where you go but I'm not seeing a lot of pallets of them being stocked while I'm in stores
-was hard to find saltines the other day
-military commissary is enforcing a 2 turkeys per family policy tied to your ID throughout the holiday season which has never happened in the 16+ years I've been going to the commissary. I usually grab a few for raw dog food throughout the year because they're cheap as hell but not this year. they were also encouraging people to "get what you need now for the holidays" especially candy and the german candy chests they get in, because "it won't be here by the end of the month and we don't know when or if we'll get more" and to hear that over the loudspeaker to the whole store was jarring. the military is usually the last group to say anything is wrong and when they do, oh man, poo poo's hosed.
-flour is disappearing again
-vegetable oil in big bottles is completely gone in most stores but you can find the quart bottles. there's very little olive oil, too.
-frozen veggies are up and down depending on what you're looking for and where you are. Kroger is doing okay. Commissary has a lot. Food Lion, Aldi/Lidl, and KJ's/IGA are pretty rough right now. Walmart is a clusterfuck and it depends on which county you're in. Burke county at the Waynesboro walmart has been hosed up since the beginning of the pandemic almost two years ago and hasn't really improved. The one up on Wrightsboro Rd in Augusta is sometimes okay, sometimes not. It's a mess and you shouldn't expect to find what you're looking for last minute.
-box stuff like stuffing, rice-a-roni, and instant potatoes is hit or miss, too.

there are practically no new vehicles on any lots around here. there's a lot missing from the hardware stores or you find like, one pair of pliers where pre-pandemic you'd have found dozens. livestock feed is on back order for a lot of species but they're trying to get it in. we've got lots of hay, plenty of clothes, and most stores have lots of produce and meat but it's $4.65-$5+ a pound for 80/20 hamburger at the discount stores so it stands to reason nobody's buying it. Dairy is here but a lot of it seems to be expiring within a few days of hitting shelves. Cheese disappears now and then. Eggs and other that-area cold stuff (like canned biscuits) are fine and you can find most frozen pizzas and frozen meals.

E: legit post, don't come here, restaurants keep running out of menu items :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

DrPossum posted:

too late op, I've already eaten all of the moons over my hammy at all the Denny's in 20 mile radius

ha HA! there are no dennys within 20 miles!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Just went to the store and they didnt have naan breads with garlic. I'm about to form a mob.

here's what you do. go get the chopped garlic in a jar. spread a little on the plain naan. put some mozzarella over it. melt the cheese in the oven and it'll crisp the garlic up.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

For some improbable reason, Gatorade at my local Harris teeter is in crisis supply

I forgot that one. you can't find gatorade anywhere around here; unless you want the blue one but who wants the blue one?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Nice and hot piss posted:

I kinda miss those bawls energy drinks, they could still be around but I'm just chalking it up to them being non existent due to supply issues

One of the krogers near me has tons of them and they sell so little there's dust on the bottle caps. So that may be why they're there.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I buy tenderloins once in a while but the last time I went to the store they were $24.99/lb lmao.

call your local deer processors and ask if they have an abandoned deer list. tell them you want tenderloin included, maybe some nice hams.

I get 2-3 abandoned deer per year usually and get venison tenderloin for $3/pound at most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Szyznyk posted:

Come Christmas it may be time to pick up an AR and borrow a helicopter to do some serious piggin’ and get those feral hog hams to market.

feral hogs taste like piss and that guy was an idiot. I'm telling someone how to get cheap tenderloins.

If you have a processor, you should do it, too. You just walk in, pay the packing fee, and carry out your $2-$3 a pound venison. The places are USDA inspected and as clean as any other meat packing house. Don't go to one that isn't inspected.