Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

mudskipp posted:

Broadly what is causing all this? I knew we were missing some stuff in the UK but assumed that was because our gov is incompetent, didn't realise the USA,.. or the dick sucking factory, were also experiencing issues.

Lots of supply chain issues across the board.

Manufacturing is still having labor shortages and (at least in my experience) still having major issues with covid outbreaks taking out swaths of the employees for weeks at a time.

Transportation is the same thing, huge labor shortages and dealing with covid outbreaks still.

And a lot of industries follow just-in-time inventory ideas so they have very limited stock in order to cut down on warehousing costs. When they runs short, we get shortages until inventory can build back up. Then you get a huge backlog of orders to fill which puts more strain on transportation, which is already pushed to the limit.

I work for one of the big shipping companies and even in PA (which is pretty well vaccinated and compliant with indoor masking), one of the stations in a more conservative area has 5% of the staff out with covid right now. Down south it's a nightmare, some places are only 40% staffed right now since one person gets sick, then spreads it to 20 other people who refuse to wear masks at work or get vaccinated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU