Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
I hear vagaries on supply chain issues, but it seems like things are worse than what I hear about and THE MEDIA doesn't want you to know WHATS REALLY GOING ON. I personally live in the western suburbs of Chicago if it's relevant.

I've had trouble finding soda, which I would think in the US would have led to rioting and ad hoc vigilante governments forming. My local store hasn't had diet coke in aluminum cans and a bunch of other sodas for a couple weeks. I don't know if it's a soda problem or a can problem. The bigger grocery outside of town is better stocked, but I still can't find some things like root beer there at all and haven't for a month or so.

I haven't seen my Bark Thins Dark Chocolate Mint™ at the store for, like, four months now and I'll be damned if I'm eating pumpkin spice anything as a replacement

None of those items above save diet coke I've been able to even find on Amazon

I've heard complaints from people who work at Walmart that they can't keep the shelves full of snacks and juice.

Costco has reinstituted paper goods limits, though they've seemed to be well stocked when I've been there, so it may be just trying to get ahead of problems this winter.

How long until society totally collapses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

E: legit post, don't come here, restaurants keep running out of menu items :lol:

too late op, I've already eaten all of the moons over my hammy at all the Denny's in 20 mile radius

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Colonel Cancer posted:

The supply chain on a lot of non-edible products like takeout boxes and plastic containers is collapsing pretty hard

I look forward to my sushi orders arriving in individual unsealable plastic baggies

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

the holy poopacy posted:

I haven't seen anything chronically missing yet, more like a missed shipment here or there. Random stuff will run out and then take a week and be back. Produce is still going strong though.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Xaintrailles posted:

Phased plasma rifle in the 40 Watt range.

just get 2 20Ws and a plasma recombinator

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

RepeatingMeme posted:

Most items are still on the shelves for me but the quality of the produce has gone way down with lettuce, broccoli, etc just rotting on the shelves

Yeah, I had a couple weeks last summer where all the onions were like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Jose Oquendo posted:

I believe it. I usually get the NY strips and around here they're around $13 a pound. Even last year they hovered around 9-10.

Yeah, ribeyes were $20/each at the store today